Empire Veteran
# 61
04-02-2013, 09:28 PM
No, it is boosting the current value, but only by some fraction of the stated value.
Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING

Last edited by naevius; 04-02-2013 at 09:30 PM.
Career Officer
# 62
04-02-2013, 09:50 PM
Tooltip Bug: All Descriptions are the same.

Switched characters and bought a whole bunch of Warp Cores from the Dilithium store. And really confused with all the stats.

1) Base Type Warp Core Power (+5 to Shields, Engines, Auxillary)

No change in power levels. I.E. Broken.

2) SEP = Starship Engine Performance, but people can easily misread that as Seperation

COI = Driver Coil, but people might mistake that for Science, recommend replace as DrC.

3) Add spaces between the Powers on the Description, they blend together. Maybe add different color for the Maximum Warp (Warp 10 is inobtainable, make it warp 9.99).

4) W-> S This reads that some of your weapon power is deverted to shield power, but it really ends up being +Shield Power, with no change in weapon power. So simpler just to say this type of core gives bonus to shield power.

Also, you guys Broke Slipstream!!!!

And when you get icons, I trust you make a difference between the Impulse Engine Icons (that look like Warp Cores)

Last edited by azurianstar; 04-02-2013 at 10:09 PM.
Captain
# 63
04-02-2013, 09:52 PM
are they craftable? or dil-store only?
Career Officer
# 64
04-02-2013, 09:57 PM
So far DStore and max level is MK X in the store.
~My current ship and build~
Career Officer
# 65
04-02-2013, 09:59 PM
Well I will post some feedback:

-Tooltips for Core in the Dilithium Store are all the same.
-No Category on the exchange for cores.
-There are no Warp Cores available for crafting.

Last edited by commodoreshrvk; 04-02-2013 at 10:04 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 66
04-02-2013, 10:35 PM
so wait if max now is 9.99 what about the old set engines like the assimilated sub-transwarp impusle engines? am i now forced back down to only warp 9.99?

sorry for the stupid question tribble has been trying to patch and have yet to actually get on
Career Officer
# 67
04-02-2013, 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Tooltip Bug: All Descriptions are the same.

Switched characters and bought a whole bunch of Warp Cores from the Dilithium store. And really confused with all the stats.

1) Base Type Warp Core Power (+5 to Shields, Engines, Auxillary)

No change in power levels. I.E. Broken.

2) SEP = Starship Engine Performance, but people can easily misread that as Seperation

COI = Driver Coil, but people might mistake that for Science, recommend replace as DrC.

3) Add spaces between the Powers on the Description, they blend together. Maybe add different color for the Maximum Warp (Warp 10 is inobtainable, make it warp 9.99).

4) W-> S This reads that some of your weapon power is deverted to shield power, but it really ends up being +Shield Power, with no change in weapon power. So simpler just to say this type of core gives bonus to shield power.

Also, you guys Broke Slipstream!!!!

And when you get icons, I trust you make a difference between the Impulse Engine Icons (that look like Warp Cores)
1) Unless you found a different warp core than I was looking at, it increases the Maximum value, not the current value, i.e. you can go up to 130 instead of 125 (or at least that's my interpretation)

4) But the bonus it gives is based on the power level of the other. Just saying it gives a bonus to shield power would be slightly misleading. It's not intended to lower the power level of the "donating" system, it's just meant to use the value of that system as the basis for the bonus to the "receiving" system.
Career Officer
# 68
04-02-2013, 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpgtx View Post
so wait if max now is 9.99 what about the old set engines like the assimilated sub-transwarp impusle engines? am i now forced back down to only warp 9.99?

sorry for the stupid question tribble has been trying to patch and have yet to actually get on
From earlier in the thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
Nothing got replaced you have two engines now...one Warp one Impulse...and the MACO set for sector space still works in fact my ship its super fast...Ludicrous speed GOOO!!!!
I can't try it yet either, but I don't believe you are any slower. They just changed the numbers being displayed.
Survivor of Romulus
# 69
04-02-2013, 10:47 PM
The Omega / MACO / KHG basic rep warp core projects sounds a good idea to me too, just as a basic warp core for people to have some sort of MACO/OMEGA/KHG set bonus.

However the dropped warpcores should be made such a way, that though they don't bare the set bonus completion, it'd be much better.
Career Officer
# 70
04-02-2013, 10:47 PM
I'm still trying to understand them, and can't help but wonder if/when set-piece warp cores will be introduced, or fleet warp cores, etc. , and what such boni they might have in addition to what we know of so far.

I have noticed that my
Quote:
Field Stabilizing Warp Core Mk X [Eff] [S>W]

+5 maximum shield power
Maximum warp factor 10
+15 starship warp core efficiency
Adds 7.5% of your Shield power to your
Weapon power as bonus power
only increases my shield power by 1. How is the +5 maximum shield power meant to work?
----