Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,797
# 151
04-08-2013, 03:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
And i keep saying that the battery trait is awesome. More power to engines or aux (or more power to weapons and engines when i use an aux battery when i don't run full aux) means i will do a better job. I will be able to fly faster, my heals will be stronger, my turunrate will be increased, with a 30s CD because I know i can use a purple quatermaster from the fleet support doff packs in my active roster. And if i want to i can add an exocomp.
EPS Manifold Efficiency won't make your heals stronger than they are at 125 aux (130, with the new warp cores). The shield resistance you get from shield power is capped (I don't know what the number is offhand). Engine power increases speed more than it does turn rate. Thus, this trait allows you to fly faster in a straight line or turn with a larger radius: it won't help you make tighter turns. The defense you get from speed is also capped. Engineers have more power than the other two classes. What they can't do is make better use of that power, because the benefits of more power are capped by the current mechanics.

Last edited by frtoaster; 04-08-2013 at 03:52 AM.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 50
# 152
04-08-2013, 04:37 AM
Grace Under Fire
Whenever you are hit for more than 25% of your hull in a 5 second period, the cooldown on Miracle Worker is reset.This effect cannot occur more often than once per 90 seconds.
Fine trait for sure.

EPS Manifold Efficiency:
Using a Battery for one subsystem also gives 25% of its effect to other subsystems.
Another interesting trait for eng who like to be more..efficient[

Ground -Nanomolecular Architect:
All pets you create have increased damage resistance and regeneration.
This trait made me happy but then again its not that much,would be good it it would apply to shield/heal generators aswell,or if not then increase the dmg resistance to like 15-20

Ground - Shield Harmonic Resonance:
When you take damage, your shields start to adapt to the incoming damage, giving you a stacking Resistance buff to that type of damage.
Only one damage type can grant this resistance at any given time.
Gonna use it.Loving it.

Science:
Space - Photonic Capacitor:
Science powers you activate reduce the remaining cooldown of Photonic Fleet by 15 seconds.
This ability cannot trigger more often than once every 15 seconds.
Idk about this one.Sounds ok tho

Space - Conservation of Energy:
When Energy Weapons hit your shields, your exotic damage has a chance to be increased by 10%, stacking up to 3 times.
Exotic Damage is any damage which is increased by the Starship Particle Generators skill.
Meh,but some ppl will surely use it.

Ground -Medical Vanguard:
All powers you use on allies give them perfect shields for 4 seconds, along with a moderate Shield Heal.
Now sci can heal shields too..Engineers won't like that

Ground -Field Researcher :
You gain a 25% damage bonus against targets affected by Control powers or Debuff powers.
Gonna pick it in may.

Tactical:

Space - Last Ditch Effort:
While Go Down Fighting is active, you gain 10% Damage Resistance to all damage types when you attack a target, stacking up to 3 times.
Well if i play my tactical captains i want them to add dmg not resistance.But np this aint that bad.

Space - Crippling Fire:
Your critical hits reduce your target's Accuracy by 5%, stacking up to 3 times.
pvp trait?XD players who crit alot will find this pretty nice.

Ground - Situational Awareness:
All of your Grenade powers now expose their target in addition to their normal effects.
So everytime u throw nade to opponent he will be exposed?O.O

Ground - Strike Team Specialist:

Your damaging attacks give you a 2.5% bonus to Crit chance. This buff can stack up to 3 times.
7.5 chance to crit won't bring something.So its meh to me.But adding extra dmg would be nice.like 3-5%dmg per stack with that 2.5%.Or crit severity 10%per stack


Fury
The damage scaling on Fury has been changed.
It now is active at all times, but ramps slowly up to a 5% damage bonus at half health, and then scales much more quickly as your health gets closer to zero.
I would make it 5%bonus dmg from around 65%hp.

Limited Telepathy
In addition to its previous effects, this trait will widen your own flank arc to 90 degrees up from 60 degrees, preventing you from taking Flank damage from attackers within that arc.
This one is nice.Another pvp trait.

Acute Senses
In addition to its previous effects, this trait now also reduces the damage you take from flanking attacks.
Same deal here.

Covert
In addition to its previous effects, this trait now increases the bonus flanking damage your character deals.
Since i love to flank.I won;t mind extra flank dmg ^^

Physical Strength
Physical Strength's bonus to melee damage has been increased from 10% up to 15%.
In addition to its previous effects, this trait now gives your melee attacks a chance to knock down your target.
Fine as it is.But i hope Klingons can't stack it with theirs current racial trait.

Sure Footed
In addition to its previous effects, this trait now makes you immune to Roots while in Aim mode and immune to Knock effects while in Crouch mode.
Now drones can stop buging me with roots.Hell yes.

Cold Blooded
Now provides resistance to all Plasma damage, instead of just Plasma DoTs.
Some extra stat wouldn't be bad.Bcz i wonder who would take this one.

Creative
This trait has been redesigned.
]It now provides a 20% bonus to all Heal and Shield Heal powers.
Awww i lost 5%dmg with this redesigne .Fine for SCI and eng who like to heal.But we only have ones that heal themselves.



Additionaly i would like to see more buff on some traits

Agressive
Add dmg and threat gen from 5% to 10%.

Peak health add extra hp from 10% to 15%
same goes for that resistance(i forgot which one was it)

There should be more traits for space aswell.Some offensive traits

-LIKE 5%dmg for energy and projectile weapons

-2%crit chance and 5-10%crit severity

-+5%flight and turn rate

-Reduce beam and cannon power drain by 2,slight less dmg drop off over range



etc.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,160
# 153
04-08-2013, 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
Into the hive elite. With Cannons, and doing the yo-yo maneuver to do the highest possible dps. Then see how tac cubes and spheres head towards you and kill you in a matter of seconds. And if you understand my sig then you know i'm a good escort pilot and that it's not because i'm doing it wrong.

Last time I bothered with HSE I took my tac alt in his oddy and tanked the entire thing thank you very much. The key to tanking is simply resistance, and regen, neither of which are difficult to get. Finally if you say tanking does not mean one must top the damage chart why on earth is doing it in a beam escort invalid? That is a complete logic fail and shows the difference in how you and I look at things. I take the ships and use all their inherent capabilities trying to push them to the max without a care how they are intended to be used but instead with how they actually perform. And PS I don't normally bother to use my beam tank escort very often simply because it is sub-optimal to tank at all instead I just use my steamrunner which is a cannon ship, with threat control, that still tanks just fine.

No offense but... Cruisers are useful. The way you play yours isn't. You posted your build once and I told you then i understood why you were complaining about those ships. Cruisers are heal boats and when the instance is difficult enough then you may ease the job for your escorts and science ships. But you need to focus almost exclusively on support and not on your dps parser. That's what you don't get because you want to do dps and do not understand (and probably won't understand, even if i spend a month to explain you things) that support is critical in a team, even and especially in the best ones.

Cannot recall ever posting a cruiser build aside from perhaps my Dkora which is a battlecruiser anyway nor a serious build. Additionally I never stated cruisers are useless I have stated they are underpowered because they fill a role that is unneeded in PvE.


When I do Hive space elite, with my eng/cruiser I NEED miracle worker, since we will aggro everything on the map because everyone uses the awesome romulan torps for a better dps. And I'm barely able to keep my escorts alive. I may be able to heal one or two, and when I can pop miracle worker it means i can toss out more heals to them. I don't care if it doesn't clean debuffs, it just does the job so that I can send my aux to sif 3 and TSS 2/3 to my team mates. That's exactly what i want.

To be honest HSE is itself sub-optimal. I can carry an ISE or CSE in half the time with terribad players and get both done in 20 minutes so simply put it does not really matter at all to me. And why you use those abilities instead of extend shields also confuses me.

And i keep saying that the battery trait is awesome. More power to engines or aux (or more power to weapons and engines when i use an aux battery when i don't run full aux) means i will do a better job. I will be able to fly faster, my heals will be stronger, my turunrate will be increased, with a 30s CD because I know i can use a purple quatermaster from the fleet support doff packs in my active roster. And if i want to i can add an exocomp.

Turn rate increase will be minimal as your base turn rate is garbage to begin with. If you are a heal bot why are you not running full aux to begin with? And if you simply rotate two EPtX abilities with doff support or slots you should be capable of having 3 subsystems near max all the time anyway.

The science trait is really underwhelming, because when i take my sci i don't want to do dps, i want to be the space wizard and say "you come here", "you go away", "you stay here and keep quiet". This trait won't help me doing that. Eng traits will help me a lot to do what i want to do, which is playing a strong support role. If you don't like supporting your team then you won't like these traits no matter what the devs do, even if they give you 125 power to everything constantly and give you 50 copies of miracle worker with a 5s CD. Because it's support and you want dps, but this is like playing this game and trying to put the star in the circular hole.

Good for you. I am happy that Sci can now deal more average damage with Sci abilities than a Tac can it is about frelling time. Next up allowing even more variance on any CC abilities is a very dangerous thing to do from a balance perspective hence I am pleased they are not.
We obviously have very different playstyles and will never see eye to eye about any of this.
STO has a diverse group of players with a wide range of expectations and playstyles. To that end the STO team should endeavor to create a variety of content with a diverse set of difficulty levels and challenges. Cake for everyone!
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 799
# 154
04-08-2013, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moo8e View Post
I hope the Elusive trait does get added to Liberated Borg, I don't see any particular reason why it shouldn't be selectable.
Isn't it time these two traits get removed from the system, since they are too good not to take them.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,841
# 155
04-08-2013, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aexrael View Post
Isn't it time these two traits get removed from the system, since they are too good not to take them.
Never! Acurate and Elusive are my favourites.
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 50
# 156
04-08-2013, 08:40 AM
When creating a NEW captain of an Alien species, the new Character generator did not allow me to select the 4 traits i wanted for that character. she started out with traits but i did not select them, which is 75-80% of the reason players select the option of playing as an alien race.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 13,521
# 157
04-08-2013, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyxvers2 View Post
When creating a NEW captain of an Alien species, the new Character generator did not allow me to select the 4 traits i wanted for that character. she started out with traits but i did not select them, which is 75-80% of the reason players select the option of playing as an alien race.
You can respec for free later. I think it's part of making Aliens non-OP....
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 370
# 158
04-08-2013, 09:25 AM
What about a separate trait tree for PVP
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 799
# 159
04-09-2013, 01:03 PM
It's baffling why BOFFs aren't included in the revamp, seems half-assed.
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,223
# 160
04-09-2013, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aexrael View Post
It's baffling why BOFFs aren't included in the revamp, seems half-assed.
Have to agree. I was hoping the point of this thing was to address the ridiculous imbalance between different species because most of them can't even roll a space trait.

A Blue quality Lethean with Efficient is worth roughly 100-150K EC, at least. A Blue quality Lethean without it is worth roughly 10-100 EC.

Every species should have a default ground and space trait. And there should have been new space traits added.

It doesn't really bug me in gameplay terms that much since with most of my characters I pick BOFFS more for fantasy reasons than gameplay ones, but still. Seems like an opportunity has been missed.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:49 AM.