Career Officer
# 261
04-29-2013, 07:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bareel View Post
I don't PvP.
Then you should be completely unconcerned about Accurate / Elusive.

I promise you, not taking these and playing only PvE - you will never notice the difference.

It's not like your example of "not taking tac team". Which is a poor example.

It's not even remotely close for PvE content.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bareel View Post
Accuracy becomes crit in PvE.
I would think you'd know better than to post such an offhand, vague and somewhat facetious remark about something like ACC overflow.

I have characters without Accurate captain, who run CrtHx3 weapons in PvE.

They don't crit any less than the ones with Accurate Captain, and any discrepancies I've seen in combat parsings are so tiny as to be irrelevant.

To anyone who only plays PvE, feel free to never take Accurate/Elusive.

Neither you, nor your combat logs, will ever notice the difference.

Try skipping EPTS and TT for a few STFs. That, I think you will notice.
Career Officer
# 262
04-29-2013, 07:10 AM
@Devs:

You've normalized access to Accurate/Elusive for most races, including Liberated Borg (Nice!).

I can not think of any valid reason to restrict Romulans from something that is both mechanically useful in PvP as well as thematically appropriate as "Elusive" for the Romulan Faction.
Captain
# 263
04-29-2013, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
Then you should be completely unconcerned about Accurate / Elusive.

I promise you, not taking these and playing only PvE - you will never notice the difference.

It's not like your example of "not taking tac team". Which is a poor example.

It's not even remotely close for PvE content.
They make about the same level of difference a purple MK XII tac console or +shield HP console will make.

Those sell for 20+ Mill EC by the way.

But I am not 'concerned' I am simply offering feedback. My perspective is simple, they are faaar better than most other traits and I will take them on every single character I can for that reason. That is my feedback.

And on an off-topic note I must say I am beginning to get a bit sick and tired of the If you don't PVP you are not entitled to an opinion or to offer feedback vibe I've been getting from some people lately. Get off you high horse, I choose not to partake in an activity the game has devoted very few resources too both in designing and balancing content or mechanics for. Instead I PuG it up with the masses and enjoy the game. That does not make my view any more or less relevant to the conversation. And being the type of person I am I do try to look at the issues from the PvE Hero, Casual Player, and PvPer perspectives.
Get yer Fleet Gear here!
Military 4 / Engineering 4 / Science 4
Starbase 4 / Embassy 2 / Mine 3 / Spire 3
Diplomacy 3 / Recruit 3 / Trade 3 / Development 3 / Research 3 / Operations 3
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post16435781
Lieutenant
# 264
05-02-2013, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salamiinferno View Post
Update! You can now get free respecs on Drozana station. There is a console called "Test Special Items" that the you can use to get all the free respecs you want. Please use them to test out different builds, traits, etc, and please leave your feedback!
Did this console go away? I can't find it.
Ensign
# 265
05-02-2013, 06:10 PM
i dislike the change to Gorn taking away there bonus of 17% for fighting with hands or blades , its one of the reasons i made a gorn for that and bite i could care less about the cold blooded and resilient being combined , and seeing klingons get 22% now in tribble , with there race trait basically being warrior and honorable , which was already a combination of solider , aggressive , physical strength and resilient

Dont get me wrong i like the fact that my klingon fed will be getting 4 traits for the price of 1 trait spot , and according to the traits there buffed even higher but i dont want others nerfed to not compete , like my Gorn who focuses on ripping a enemy apart

Last edited by kolarkortar; 05-02-2013 at 06:20 PM.
Ensign
# 266
05-03-2013, 04:23 AM
I like the new system, there are some tough choices for me as a sci captain, however, I ran into a problem with today's build. Photonic Capacitor failed to unlock for me, stating that I need to be level 30 to unlock. Please fix it.
Career Officer
# 267
05-03-2013, 05:55 AM
Ok, I noticed the following things:

- The Respec-Button-warning is working (good work).

- You can create a Bolian with the new Efficent-trait of +30 (good work), but my existing liberated Klingon has got only the +15 Bonus (that's not good).

I still can't find the console for free respec-tokens. Have you forgotten to place it in the new Drozana-interior?
First one half of the so called Community complains: "Give us instant access to all veteran rewards, for going lifetime.", then the other half of the same Community complains: "I've earned 1000 Day membership, I want a special reward.".
Stop complaining, if it is enough for you, you could have the "Captains Table" for the real veterans, I don't want access to another dead social zone...
Career Officer
# 268
05-06-2013, 11:52 AM
OK I hope this was just missed and not set in stone

OLD traits:

http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/...5-06_00006.jpg

NEW traits:

http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/...5-06_00003.jpg

someone stole my best racial trait please,please replace it
Career Officer
# 269
05-06-2013, 10:34 PM
Has anyone actually found the console for trait respecs yet? I spent about an hour looking for it, yet I found nothing. I don't often do this, but I think that in this extrem case, the use of a smiley is warented. [/font]

Last edited by admiraltrappitt; 05-06-2013 at 10:36 PM. Reason: I didn't like how small the font made it. So I changed it.
Rihannsu
# 270
05-07-2013, 09:53 AM
I noticed they improved the Captain Efficient Trait to +30 (Yay! Thanks!), but kept the BO Efficient trait at only a +7.5 buff. The BO version used to be half the Captain version. Is this intended, or just an oversight?

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.