Ensign
# 271
05-08-2013, 07:41 PM
Ok, don't want to sound needy and all, but here there any news on the trait update coming?

Photonic fleet trait is still worthless, (and it will stay that way as long as photonic fleet itself stays useless)

Medical vanguard still feel like a weird engineering trait hybrid thing

And field researcher (the +25% damage versus debuffed and controlled ennemies) well I tried all I could and I can't see any difference in my damage output with or without this trait, so yeah, broken and not functional that one.

With release about 10 days away, it's getting kind of scary.
Captain
# 272
05-09-2013, 12:13 AM
Not reading through 28 pages, although it's probably been said I'd like to reinforce - let Characters choose traits when creating a character?

Don't think we can presently unless it's well hidden.
KDF Future with Cryptic. Fact.

What Cryptic should consider before releasing anything.
Survivor of Romulus
# 273
05-09-2013, 12:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitzh View Post
Not reading through 28 pages, although it's probably been said I'd like to reinforce - let Characters choose traits when creating a character?

Yeah... I couldn't find a way to do that.
Career Officer
# 274
05-09-2013, 12:53 AM
Quote:

No, it's not hidden, you've got to create the character and can use a respec-token while you are in the Tutorial...

Quote:
Originally Posted by torsten1009 View Post
I tested a little bit more... I've created a new character and I was forced to take this new character with the preselected traits you chose, not a good start. You should expect everybody to think: "I know better what I'll need, then Cryptic/Perfect-World does...", so everybody will directly use a respec-token to clear the selection you made. [...]
First one half of the so called Community complains: "Give us instant access to all veteran rewards, for going lifetime.", then the other half of the same Community complains: "I've earned 1000 Day membership, I want a special reward.".
Stop complaining, if it is enough for you, you could have the "Captains Table" for the real veterans, I don't want access to another dead social zone...
Captain
# 275
05-09-2013, 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by torsten1009 View Post
No, it's not hidden, you've got to create the character and can use a respec-token while you are in the Tutorial...
That's kind of bad design if I'm honest and means that there is none in character creator - We used to be able to choose our traits, why do they deny us this right now?
KDF Future with Cryptic. Fact.

What Cryptic should consider before releasing anything.
Captain
# 276
05-09-2013, 01:53 AM
And what about a race change token? After playing human for 3 or so years, with 2,5 years out of it leadership being broken and now in S8 nerfed to hell again once it worked for half year, I would prefer to change my race and get some useful bonus from it.
Career Officer
# 277
05-09-2013, 02:17 AM
Quote:
That's kind of bad design if I'm honest and means that there is none in character creator - We used to be able to choose our traits, why do they deny us this right now?
It's simple: Because the players chose the wrong traits on creation of their characters, now Cryptic chooses the wrong traits for us, the only difference is that you will be able to change the traits whenever you want to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
And what about a race change token? After playing human for 3 or so years, with 2,5 years out of it leadership being broken and now in S8 nerfed to hell again once it worked for half year, I would prefer to change my race and get some useful bonus from it.
You won't be able to change the race/species/gender for some more time. But you will be able to get "Techie" for your Hull-Regeneration and -Heals, when LoR hits Holodeck.

I wonder, when will they finally really balance the traits? This Thread allready lists weak traits, but the massive wave of complaints will begin with the open-beta for LoR and the test-weekend. Making the test-weekend the last weekend before LoR goes live would give the DEVs no time for Bug-fixing and rebalancing...
First one half of the so called Community complains: "Give us instant access to all veteran rewards, for going lifetime.", then the other half of the same Community complains: "I've earned 1000 Day membership, I want a special reward.".
Stop complaining, if it is enough for you, you could have the "Captains Table" for the real veterans, I don't want access to another dead social zone...
Career Officer
# 278
05-11-2013, 02:03 AM
I would like to create a true hybrid species like human/Betazoid, and have the character listed as the hybrid and not Alien.
Career Officer
# 279
05-11-2013, 02:07 AM
First off, I like to know what happened to the 9th Trait slot that was in Closed Beta.

Second, ever work out the bugs with the free Trait we get for the Race? Still does not show up, is it active or just a choice?

Third, why is Regular Trill Traits better than Joined Trills?

Anyhow, everyone I know is choosing space traits. Be nice some slots dedicated to ground and some for space. That or you limit the choice of class traits so we get 2 of the 4 (they are rather unbalancing, expecially tactical).
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!
Expansion 2 - Delta Rising: Welcome to Tier 6, where everything is now obsolete. Have fun with the new Crafting!

Last edited by azurianstar; 05-11-2013 at 02:13 AM.
Captain
# 280
05-11-2013, 03:38 AM
Yes, this is just re-stating what I have said elsewhere... but this Thread is all official and stuff...

[Edit] Actually, I went into enough text that it just looks horrendous. Will re-post incrementally so that it can be read.

Last edited by breadandcircuses; 05-15-2013 at 08:57 PM.