Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Observed Issues
01-12-2010, 11:10 AM
EDIT: For those wanting to keep running a list here, please feel free, but try not to post anything that has already been listed. This way it's easier for Cryptic when they're looking through the list of bugs, issues, and suggestions being posted.

The Running List of Issues & Bugs
  • Login Errors: I haven't noticed any issues here since the patch.
  • Retrieving Character List: The system still seems to lag here quite a bit.
  • Bug Report Button: Just as a suggestion, it may be better to place the "Report a Bug" button on the login screen as well, since all crashes take you to this. This will allow bugs to be reported as they happen instead of the player trying to log in again, usually repeatedly, before being able to report the bug.
  • Character Creation: I'll assume that there are a few options unavailable at this time for character creation, so I don't see much to report here.
  • Submitting Application: I have not tested the entire character creation process since the patch. I will make a new guy and try it out.
  • Gameplay: The screen rumble still lags you tremendously unless you're running a high-end card. I suppose it's finally time for that upgrade it seems... though with a NVIDIA 8600 GT currently I figured I would be alright.
  • Crashing: I have not seen any crashing personally thus far since the patch. I will continue to observe of course, testing out what I can.
  • Retrieving Maps: Game still hanging up right here pretty frequently.
  • Login after Crash: The server took me back to (close) to where I left off, so no issues there. Seems to admirably keep track of where you left off at least when you do crash. [EDIT: See JudgementDave's post on page 1 of this thread for more information on this topic.]
  • Player Combat: I see no issues with this honestly. Firing is a bit slow of course. Perhaps a double-click option for enemies to allow firing upon double-clicking instead of repeatedly hitting the hotkey button? Not sure, but otherwise seems to be pretty smooth at this point.
  • Ship Combat: So far so good on this one. I haven't seen any "bugs" really.
  • Selecting Officers: After the patch I purchased a Klingon of every type, and have not seen any issues. I will check the "Chief" spelling once I make another character to test the post-patch process.
  • Earthdock: I haven't noticed any issues with Earthdock as of yet, but I will definitely keep an eye open for any.
  • Appearing as Ship: This occurred to me twice before the patch... but after I haven't noticed it yet. Will continue to observe however.
  • Server Not Responding Message: I didn't get this issue since the patch, but again will continue to watch for it.

This list has been updated post-patch.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-12-2010, 12:23 PM
Updated Information posted. Will continue observations as time (and the servers) allow.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-12-2010, 01:16 PM
Hope you do not mind but i will post things with yours big or small.

At selecting bridge officer, "Chief" is spelled wrong, "Cheif"
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-12-2010, 01:42 PM
Thank you for your input Captain Data. It's much appreciated, and has been added to the list.

Updates continue as I play through the game (and the servers allow me to... still).
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-12-2010, 02:42 PM
Updated after another crash. I seem to only be able to stay in a server for about an hour of play time. I really hope that gets corrected in the future, but being an Open Beta, and still requiring a little polish here and there... I can understand it. May not like it, lol... but I can understand it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-12-2010, 05:00 PM
[Begin Rant] I can understand that there are a lot of people attempting to play this game at the same time, and thus maps will fill up quickly. HOWEVER, what I cannot understand is why there are no manual options to select the map you wish to go to, or if they insist on an automatic selection, why this doesn't select a middle-ground map instead of maps that are FULL! I mean... seriously? [End Rant]

Ok, that being said... I have now played through several missions and participated in a lot of combat as far as group and solo is concerned. Thus far I have seen no issues with the system in that regards. Combat, while hectic at times, is smooth and easy to use for the most part. It doesn't require a high learning curve, which is good considering the type of game it is.

Other than that... gameplay is nice, character progression seems a bit clunky (requires a lot of points and not sure of results really), and there are some interesting unique properties of the game which I believe will prove to be highly addictive.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-12-2010, 05:07 PM
I have a thread on this issue...here is my summary from that thread incse others have a similair issue...it ahs to do with races and Bridge officer purchases:

During my initial gameplay I searched the Bridge officer requisitions to find a Klingon Science officer. I found a female version I decided to purchase her as part of my crew.

I purchased the officer which still showed her as Klingon but upon activation it turned into an "unknown species" science officer.

In this bug she still has the same skills/traits the klingon officer had (honorable and warrior) but it is NOT a Klingon officer.

I am not sure if the package bugs upon activation but I wanted to post my experience for reference.

If anyone else has a similiar issue, please post it here...and if you have the merit please purchase your own klingon officers (or other races) to see if the bug continues.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-12-2010, 05:22 PM
Thanks for the addition Kyias. I included that into the roll-up. Thus far I have had a Vulcan, Bahjoran, and a Human with no such issues. I'll select a Klingon in the next to see if it is tied to just the Science officer, or if it's also in one of the others.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-12-2010, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonan-Steel
[*]Login after Crash: The server took me back to (close) to where I left off, so no issues there. Seems to admirably keep track of where you left off at least when you do crash.
Actually several people in game and (at least) a couple of forum threads have noted that in the initial space/ship tutorial a dc can return you to the stage with the disabled (or is it deactivated) probes when you've previously completed that stage and warped to the next part of the mission.

This leaves the player unable to progress.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-12-2010, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonan-Steel
[*]Selecting Officers: As noted by Captain Data there is a misspelling of the word Chief when you select your first bridge officer. The game spelling is Cheif.
Unless they did the same typo twice, it's on the last sentence of one of the BO's introductory/descriptive text before you pick your 1st BO. IIRC it was the engineering officer - the other two officers had the correct 'chief'.