Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lieutenant
# 1 Chat Moderation Issues
03-28-2013, 03:33 PM
Asked this a few months back and never received a response. I know there have been a few patches that involved updates to the chat system and have commented in those that the main issues weren't fixed, and no response there either.

Will we see any fixes to the system in the foreseeable future? Mute that sticks or even possibly a ban option? Harassment and trolling run rampant and we are powerless to do anything about it. Other than setting our channels to private we can't moderate much at all. And there are certain groups that having a private channel would hurt them.
Lieutenant
# 2
04-03-2013, 10:03 AM
How about it gang? Can we please see a ban feature implemented? Seems now if you leave the channel, come back in, leave, go offline, then come back on and rejoin you are magically unmuted. Might not be the exact steps but something like that. having a kick feature is useless if they just come right back in.

The moderation issues are really getting frustrating. The trolls know about it and are running wild in channels. Just here to have fun. Already have to turn off zone chat and ignore tons of people. Can't ask hundreds of people in our channel to ignore someone.

Please help.

I understand the last post concerning this was back in Feb and it was said then the issues would be resolved in a Tribble patch, that patch didn't work. Then it worked for a little while but broke again. This is just out of hand and has been since day one.

This article shows ban is possible. I know it may or may not apply to the system STO/CO/NW uses but wanted to share. http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0045.html#ban

Thanks in advance for a response on the situation.