Republic Veteran
As we all know that a player can choose Federation or Klingon Defense Force, but what if there was a third choice the Vulcans. An players get some benefits through this, as in unlocks. The unlocks can be Vulcan playable race (free for all Gold Members and Silver Players), Vulcan Science Vessel(not the D'Kyr from the C-Store, but close in looks not traits, & players that bought the D'Kyr get more skins to mod their own ship), Vulcan Boffs & Doff, & also a Vulcan Starbase(s). But these benefits are only if Vulcan(s) are chosen as an ally.

To me this would be a good idea, because in a TNG 2 part episodes. Spock went to Romulus, for a personal mission to further the cause of Romulan/Vulcan reunification. So to me this fits in cannon. Don't get me wrong, I do like the Federation or Klingon Defense Force choose for an ally, but I think a third choice could be added (maybe at a later time). Sorry if this has come up before.
Fed: Tinman, RR: Reaper, KDF: Ironskull

Last edited by borgdman; 04-03-2013 at 07:43 AM.
Captain
# 2
04-03-2013, 07:59 AM
So you want to prop up a third psuedo-faction with a fourth pseudo-faction?

That'll end well
Career Officer
# 3
04-03-2013, 08:05 AM
Cryptic is not planning to give Romulans their own bases, why would they create a Vulcan one instead ?

And most of the stuff you mentioned will be available to Fed-allied Romulans anyway.
Only Internet users deal in absolutes !
Captain
# 4
04-03-2013, 08:10 AM
Erm.. hate to burst your bubble, but last I checked, the Vulcans were a part of the Federation....

This would be like saying instead of allying with the United States, you can choose to ally with California.

However, I would not be opposed to a Romulan faction specific unlock of a Vulcan Boff and or playable captain. But i would prefer it to be a rep unlock or something of that sort. not a 500 zen unlock.

Leave that for the playable Hirogen.

Also would like some sort of similar unlock for a KDF boff and captain that aligns with the KDF.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-03-2013, 08:27 AM
How about this.
Some vulcans seek peace with the rommies just like rommies seeking peace with remmies.

So the romulan faction is a group of all races seeking to start a new beginning.
so playable species list
Rommies
Remmies
Hirogen (rogue)
Vulcans (probably rogue)

etc.
Republic Veteran
# 6
04-03-2013, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyeto13 View Post

However, I would not be opposed to a Romulan faction specific unlock of a Vulcan Boff and or playable captain. But i would prefer it to be a rep unlock or something of that sort. not a 500 zen unlock.

Leave that for the playable Hirogen.

Also would like some sort of similar unlock for a KDF boff and captain that aligns with the KDF.
I like that idea, that reminds me of the way the Joined Trill race ended up being on both the Fed. & KDF. I just thought that having the Vulcan's as an ally to choose from, would be a bit better storyline than the Klingon/Federation War. I blame J.J. Abrams for the lost for Romulus and Remus(lol, jk).
Commander
# 7
04-03-2013, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borgdman View Post
The unlocks can be Vulcan playable race (free for all Gold Members and Silver Players),
You choose your Faction and race at level 1, you don't choose your ally until level 10. How would a race unlock work?
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-03-2013, 08:54 AM
Vulcan is a member of the Federation, there are no vulcan starbases. What are u talking about?! Whats next? Lets make them ally of the humann so they get "terran" starbases?
Republic Veteran
# 9
04-03-2013, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jermbot View Post
You choose your Faction and race at level 1, you don't choose your ally until level 10. How would a race unlock work?
That part I didn't think about(just got home 2 hours ago from a grave yard shift from work), which would suck. Because a player would have to re-roll a new (Vulcan) character then.

Last edited by borgdman; 04-03-2013 at 09:10 AM.
Republic Veteran
# 10
04-03-2013, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wirtdd View Post
Vulcan is a member of the Federation, there are no vulcan starbases. What are u talking about?! Whats next? Lets make them ally of the humann so they get "terran" starbases?
But the Vulcans may of had starbases at some point of their start of their space travel. I mean look at us(in real life), we have a starbase/spacestation (with crafts still going there from time to time), & we have traveled to the moon, & past that with probes. So I mean any thing could be done for the game(STO).

Last edited by borgdman; 04-03-2013 at 09:08 AM.