[there are 3 Vesta each with slightly differing console and bridge officer layouts, the same could be done here)
Warp Core ? (what ever is going to be standard for sci types)
Special Console... None.
SO, what we have is a ship as powerfull as starfleets Vesta but different in a Klingon way.
hull is slightly weaker, but with a frightening turn rate, and when you step on the gas she takes right off. The ship has the typical 2/3 firepower forward bias of Klingon ships which with the special effects availible to a well skilled science cptains should turn this particular ship into a nightmare for Starfleets multitude of Escort claasses. And packing some fighters along cant hurt that much of course.
I even have art work to go with this silly thing... I also don't want to make it uber powerfull either. No special Console comes with the ship. I figured Battle Cloak and a Hanger bay pretty much nixes a console to be fair. Power mods are not pure science, but then this is a KDF ship!
I'll see if I can scan my scetching sometime today and get it appended.
Release 8.5 "STO The Next Generation"
Let the happy old bug stomping commence, along with refinement toward enhancing each factions play experience!
the "kdf duzunt gatz teh sci shipz" is simply down to the name.
if the ship class NAMES where "assault" "operations" and "axillary" rather than the current misnomers it would make much more sense.
does anyone really think any kdf ship lacks electronic warfare capability? (protip: if they didnt their enemies would hijack their ships systems and kill them without a shot being fired.)
same for kdf "sci" ships, they would be ships with uprated sensors, ews, coms etc.
the size of the ship isnt as much as a factor in that, only that smaller ships would end up as scouts and larger ships would end up as fleet comand.
why? because form defines function.
Figure out and address the players path of least resistance to reward. this one thing is THE consistent factor undermining all your efforts. be that crafting, raids or starbase projects.
Klingon science ships ? I think the Kamarag is spot on. Old cruiser hulls withdrawn from frontline duty and modified for their new mission.
Enough hull volume to accomodate the necessary equipment for long exploration missions.
I have my doubts the KDF would waste resources on a purpose built science ship.
I would fly this ship -- it is an excellent design.
What astounds me though are the Fed trolls that take it upon themselves to insult the Klingon playerbase with their conceited comments regarding Klingon science expertise.
Time for a history lesson...and a bit of enlightened questioning.
1. Name one major scientific advance that has been made that does not have a military application.
2. Name the periods of time in our history where scientific advancement was the most rapid, i.e., "bursts" or rapid scientific advancement.
3. Name one scientific advance that was made solely for science -- that was NOT done in order to gain a clear advantage, or was not made to address a state of conflict.
Now for the history lesson...
1. The ushering in of the atomic age...direct result of World War 2.
2. The armored land tank....direct result of World War 1.
3. The jet aircraft...direct result of advances in military fighter design.
4. Radar, Sonar, and other types of electronic intelligence collection systems...direct result of World War 2.
5. The Space Program...has its roots in the missile technology developed during - you guessed it - World War 2.
6. Submarine, Aircraft Carriers, Aegis...all military advances.
7. Lasers -- started with military research (which continues to this day)
8. Robotics -- spearheaded by unmanned military vehicles of various sorts.
So...let's apply a bit of logic, shall we?
Who is more likely to have a robust scientific program, the Federation, who strives for peace...or the Klingons, who are in a CONSTANT state of conflict/war? I will give a well-deserved nod to the Feds for exploration...but when it comes to military science and technology...guess who I think has the edge...
KDF Science-ship.... since when is the KDF a peacemaking explorer institution?
You really have no idea the absolute brutality, mutilation, and utter destruction that has been created with "science".
Weapons of war are discovered through science, the most devestating acts ever brought upon a single population, that lead to complete and utter genocide of several towns, in some cases entire cities, are all in the name of science.
Do not think at any time it's "peaceful". Nothing has ever come of science that didn't lead to the injury/mutilation/death of a human being or animal.
As far as the game goes, Klingons would have the biggest edge in military weaponry, capabilities, etc.