Career Officer
# 221
04-18-2013, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starbear View Post
That is true, perhaps my inability to afford so many of these packs these days just reminds me of how poor I'am.
I hear ya. I can't afford the big pack either. However! Since you're a lifer you can use a combo of stipend and dil to get the stuff from the packs individually once it's released. That's what I plan to do anyway.

-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009

It's time for STO to get a complete UI overhaul.
Captain
# 222
04-18-2013, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brigadooom View Post
If I purchase either the Starter or Legacy pack, will it instantly appear in my list of Activated Features on my account page?
Mine appeared as saying Star Trek Online - Preorder.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Career Officer
As a fleet leader, I had this marvelous thought of preordering the legacy pack for one of my members in the fleet. Is there anyway you could preorder the package for someone else's account???
Like my Fan Page Here
xXLocutusXx
Republic Veteran
# 224
04-18-2013, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
I'm just saying that in TOR you are buying the Expansion - and they still have Cartel Store items on top of it. And you don't get a discount on the Cartel Store by being Gold or Silver. You can't really compare buying a $20.00 Expansion for $10.00 as being similar to getting C-Store items at the same rate.
which is true. they are too very different versions of expansions and they have 2 very different 'stores'

cryptics store looks like it's trying to do business. where as tors store, I swear is just a joke shop. it's pretty pointless imo.

they are both f2p in name but their models are worlds apart.
Career Officer
# 225
04-18-2013, 02:48 PM
Quote:

My activated list only shows as:
  • Star Trek Online Public Test Shard
  • Star Trek Online Lifetime Subscription
  • Star Trek Online - Digital Deluxe

Nothing in there about the Romulan pack.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Neriz --- Eleven --- S'alesh --- Nizalay and maybe the odd Fed char too.
Defecting from the Federation to the Romulans from May 21st
Career Officer
# 226
04-18-2013, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Are you sure ? I think my account always listed that since I preordered the game way back.....
Career Officer
# 227
04-18-2013, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlocutusofborgx View Post
As a fleet leader, I had this marvelous thought of preordering the legacy pack for one of my members in the fleet. Is there anyway you could preorder the package for someone else's account???
You could send him the money. Otherwise there is no code to be transferred or something like that...
Career Officer
# 228
04-18-2013, 02:50 PM
Quote:
And my response to your statement is that you are getting fixed-price C-Store items for a 33% discount. That's reasonable. That's even a bigger sale then Cryptic's normal 20% off.
How or why is it so hard to understand that ppl think 100+ bucks is too expensive?

We are not saying that 33& in the c-store is bad, but rather that comparing this to other expansion packs, this seems way overpriced, when normal exp packs run from $10-$30 and maybe in rare cases $50 for a big exp pack.

That is what ppl are complaining about, not that we get 33% of in the c-store...
Career Officer
# 229
04-18-2013, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by otowi View Post
How or why is it so hard to understand that ppl think 100+ bucks is too expensive?

We are not saying that 33& in the c-store is bad, but rather that comparing this to other expansion packs, this seems way overpriced, when normal exp packs run from $10-$30 and maybe in rare cases $50 for a big exp pack.

That is what ppl are complaining about, not that we get 33% of in the c-store...
Since that pack is not the expansion.....
Ensign
# 230 Mmk
04-18-2013, 02:51 PM
Mmmmmmmmmk
Closed Thread