Captain
# 421
04-25-2013, 03:04 PM
Chances are I won't go full Legacy, but I did buy a Starter pack, and have sent a support ticket in to find out what the deal is. I will post the results here.
Ensign
# 422
04-26-2013, 12:19 PM
ive allready droped $300 dolers on this game as a lifetime sub do we get any discounts or anything? a code we enter or something
Republic Veteran
# 423
04-26-2013, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolantrask View Post
ive allready droped $300 dolers on this game as a lifetime sub do we get any discounts or anything? a code we enter or something
I don't recall LTS ever getting a discount so why would they now.

Ensign
# 424
04-26-2013, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
I don't recall LTS ever getting a discount so why would they now.
oh right,that would make sense,forgot nothing has made sense with this game since release starting to think i wasted $300 with the way the games progressed.doubt ill put anymore into it but it never hurts to be curious
Captain
# 425
04-26-2013, 12:32 PM
Quote:
oh right,that would make sense,forgot nothing has made sense with this game since release starting to think i wasted $300 with the way the games progressed.doubt ill put anymore into it but it never hurts to be curious
The Legacy Pack is a C-Store bundle. It has nothing to do with playing a Romulan. Rom content is free - and you get a free T1 to T5 ship as you level. That's no different then the KDF or Fed side of the game. If you want the C-Store items you can get them in a pre-order Pack, which gives you a 30% discount, or you can buy them for full price individually when LoR goes live. Just like any other C-Store item, they're optional, and not required for play. And none of that has anything to do with your Subscription status.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Ensign
# 426
04-26-2013, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
The Legacy Pack is a C-Store bundle. It has nothing to do with playing a Romulan. Rom content is free - and you get a free T1 to T5 ship as you level. That's no different then the KDF or Fed side of the game. If you want the C-Store items you can get them in a pre-order Pack, which gives you a 30% discount, or you can buy them for full price individually when LoR goes live. Just like any other C-Store item, they're optional, and not required for play. And none of that has anything to do with your Subscription status.
i was under the impression to get rom content you had to drop it on one of the packs listed ie starter or legacy inorder to allow the game to unlock it for your use AND THEN re buy everything you just [[as example droped 124.99 on]] again

i was reading it as as it wasent avalible unless you bought the packs did not see that they had "stock" gear
Captain
# 427
04-26-2013, 12:50 PM
Quote:
i was under the impression to get rom content you had to drop it on one of the packs listed ie starter or legacy inorder to allow the game to unlock it for your use AND THEN re buy everything you just [[as example droped 124.99 on]] again

i was reading it as as it wasent avalible unless you bought the packs did not see that they had "stock" gear
That seems to be a common misconception - probably due to how some of the gaming sites seem to be advertising LoR. All the Rom content is free for everyone. The Packs are just C-Store bundles sold at a discount for those who think they're going to be buying them eventually.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Republic Veteran
# 428
04-26-2013, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Entitled much?

Life time sub. You're no longer paying a subscription, that means after roughly 2 years they're no longer making any money off you, yet you still get all the perks of a normal subscription. So you have to pay for this expansion? Oh the horror. World's clearly ending.

Deal with the simple fact that a life time sub only means this: life time sub. And it's a pretty fine deal if you play a game for longer than 2 years.
Captain
# 429
04-26-2013, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edohiguma View Post
Entitled much?

Life time sub. You're no longer paying a subscription, that means after roughly 2 years they're no longer making any money off you, yet you still get all the perks of a normal subscription. So you have to pay for this expansion? Oh the horror. World's clearly ending.

Deal with the simple fact that a life time sub only means this: life time sub. And it's a pretty fine deal if you play a game for longer than 2 years.
It's all good. I've answered this same question well over 200 times since the 18th. Many, many, many, many people thought the Packs meant the content must be purchased.
Ensign
# 430
04-26-2013, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
That seems to be a common misconception - probably due to how some of the gaming sites seem to be advertising LoR. All the Rom content is free for everyone. The Packs are just C-Store bundles sold at a discount for those who think they're going to be buying them eventually.
and thuss the basis of my allbeit micro ragefest i fell for that misconcepction thank you for answering my question youve cleared up my curiousness i revoke my "i quit" rant now haveing been enlightened

@ the troll who called me entitled: try actually reading the topic before you post bro troll failed

Last edited by jolantrask; 04-26-2013 at 01:02 PM.
Closed Thread