Career Officer
# 441
05-01-2013, 06:21 AM
Don't think it would matter anyway if what you want is access to your pack stuff. You can't claim C-Store items on Tribble as far as I know. If you transfer a Holodeck character that already has the item it will transfer with them. But a character created on Tribble can't themselves go in and claim something. For example, I wasn't able to claim my Red Matter Capacitor when I was play testing the Romulan stuff. Also, those Legacy Pack ships and other items are not necessarily done yet. The LoR expansion on Tribble is, as yet, incomplete.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 442
05-01-2013, 06:27 PM
Updated the rank names in the FAQ:

Quote:
Q: How do ship tiers and player rank compare to my Romulan character's level?
A: The tiers, ranks, and levels match up like this:
  • Tier 1 = Romulan Civilian (Levels 0-4)
  • Tier 1 = Romulan Lieutenant (Levels 5-9)
  • Tier 2 = Romulan Centurion (Levels 10-19)
  • Tier 3 = Romulan Subcommander (Levels 20-29)
  • Tier 4 = Romulan Commander (Levels 30-39)
  • Tier 5 = Romulan Subadmiral I (Levels 40-44)
  • Tier 5 = Romulan Subadmiral II (Levels 45-49)
  • Tier 5 = Romulan Vice Admiral (Level 50)
Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Captain
# 443
05-01-2013, 06:31 PM
Thanks for the change, though I would have preferred:

Subadmiral
Admiral
Vice Admiral

STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
# 444
05-01-2013, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Thanks for the change, though I would have preferred:

Subadmiral
Admiral
Vice Admiral

I think, if you look at most Admiralty structures, "Admiral" is superior to "Vice Admiral"

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 445
05-01-2013, 06:40 PM
Yup, Admiral is the next highest rank to Fleet Admiral. Same thing with General for the army (4 stars).
Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again?
Captain
# 446
05-01-2013, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
I think, if you look at most Admiralty structures, "Admiral" is superior to "Vice Admiral"

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
I just think the whole I/II thing is somewhat off. The KDF get distinct titles at each Rank while the Feds have to deal with Upper/Lower and the Roms need to deal with I/II. It just feels clunky and tacked on. And it's especially annoying to have an NPC call you Rear Admiral Lower Half - and I'm sure it will be clunky to see a Rom NPC call you Subadmiral I.

Let's rename the Feds: Commodore, Rear Admiral, and Vice Admiral and rename the Roms Subadmiral, Vice Admiral, and Admiral. That way all 3 Factions can feel distinctive at each Rank.

Or better yet, simply merge all of 40-49 together and call it 1 title rather then 2 groups of 5. 40-49 can be Rear Admiral for the Feds and Subadmiral for the Roms. No upper/lower, no I/II.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Rihannsu
# 447
05-01-2013, 07:05 PM
How about instead of Vice Admiral you make it SubGeneral?
Republic Veteran
# 448
05-01-2013, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Updated the rank names in the FAQ:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Can I ask a silly question? What's the point of having I and II or Rear Admiral Lower Half/Upper Half anymore, especially since we don't get doffs or a ship anymore? Has that ever been discussed?
Rihannsu
# 449
05-01-2013, 07:10 PM
I like the Roman numbers at the end of those ranks. They look more... roman?
# 450
05-01-2013, 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
I just think the whole I/II thing is somewhat off. The KDF get distinct titles at each Rank while the Feds have to deal with Upper/Lower and the Roms need to deal with I/II. It just feels clunky and tacked on. And it's especially annoying to have an NPC call you Rear Admiral Lower Half - and I'm sure it will be clunky to see a Rom NPC call you Subadmiral I.

Let's rename the Feds: Commodore, Rear Admiral, and Vice Admiral and rename the Roms Subadmiral, Vice Admiral, and Admiral. That way all 3 Factions can feel distinctive at each Rank.

Or better yet, simply merge all of 40-49 together and call it 1 title rather then 2 groups of 5. 40-49 can be Rear Admiral for the Feds and Subadmiral for the Roms. No upper/lower, no I/II.
I could be mistaken, so don't hold me to it, but I believe the tech to just call you "Rear Admiral" is coming with Legacy of Romulus, regardless of being "Upper" or "Lower". I'll still pass along your (and the posts above this one) feedback!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Closed Thread