Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 471
05-04-2013, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dem613 View Post
I'm not sure if this was asked, and there was no clear answer when I asked it earlier...

I bought the legacy pack and it downloaded a file, and when I went to click on it to see what would happen, it looked like it was going to start installing Star Trek Online.

What exactly is the file that downloaded? Is it different than the Legacy of Romulus patch? Will the Legacy Patch be a different file?
Sorry for the confusion! This was recently added to the FAQ on page 1:
Quote:
Q: I bought a Legacy Pack and was redirected to download Star Trek Online, but I already have Star Trek Online installed. Do I have to reinstall the game in order to get my Legacy Pack?
A:
You are not required any additional downloads at this time, and the contents of the Legacy Pack will become available upon release of the Legacy of Romulus expansion. When the expansion is released, when you sign into your current launcher client, it will automatically download the expansion via a patch.
Thanks for your support and purchasing a Pack!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 472
05-04-2013, 03:02 PM
Edit: never mind answered above
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Neriz --- Eleven --- S'alesh --- Nizalay and maybe the odd Fed char too.
Defecting from the Federation to the Romulans from May 21st
Ensign
# 473
05-04-2013, 07:06 PM
will i have to buy the ships in the legacy pack or will they just be givin to me
Captain
# 474
05-04-2013, 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by odin5000 View Post
will i have to buy the ships in the legacy pack or will they just be givin to me
The Legacy Pack is full of C-Store ships. It's a C-Store bundle sale.

You will be given 1 new ship at each Rank-up as a Rom, just as you are as a Fed or KDF. The C-Store bundle ships are slightly better then the free ships are - just as the T1 NX, TOS Connie, and Oberth are slightly better then the T1 Miranda.

Neither Pack is required to play Romulan content.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Ensign
# 475
05-04-2013, 08:55 PM
so there is not point on buying the legacy pack then
Ensign
# 476 event crystall shards
05-04-2013, 10:00 PM
i was short one when say i got one i report it that there on missing from my inventory and no one wood help now trying this give away i bet ill never when i think gms trying to make my quit them game by making sure i don't get any in events or give aways
Career Officer
# 477
05-05-2013, 04:41 AM
United Kingdom customers are still being told to purchase in Euros when we used British Pounds Sterling.
Kirk's Protege - 19/11/2012
Kirk's Protege Jr - 30/05/2014
[1/5 5:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 964780 (1581938) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
Ensign
# 478
05-05-2013, 05:28 AM
Q: Will those that purchased the Lifetime Subscription for STO before the launch of the original game be able to get and special perks or the Lifetime Sub for the Legacy Pack also?
Captain
# 479
05-05-2013, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbrown24 View Post
Q: Will those that purchased the Lifetime Subscription for STO before the launch of the original game be able to get and special perks or the Lifetime Sub for the Legacy Pack also?
The very first page of this thread has the FAQ that can give you basic information. You can also go to Dev blog 11 and see the statement about what Gold players get versus Silver - and that includes LTSers.

As far as the Legacy Packs, as has been said at least 100 times in this thread now, they're just C-Store bundles. They have nothing to do with being able to play a Romulan - nor do they have anything to do with your Subscription status. The Legacy Pack is simply $181.00 worth of upcoming C-Store items being sold for $125.00. If you buy it all at once you can get it for a 30% discount. Or you can buy the pieces individually when LoR is launched directly from the C-Store for full price. The only bonus to the Legacy Pack are the titles and the 4-pack of Rom Doffs. Everything else will be in the C-Store.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Captain
# 480
05-05-2013, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by odin5000 View Post
so there is not point on buying the legacy pack then
The incentives for buying the Legacy Pack is a 30% discount, some titles, and a 4-pack of Doffs. Everything else can be purchased individually in the C-Store when LoR goes live - assuming you want any of it.
Closed Thread