Republic Veteran
# 81
04-18-2013, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunfrancks View Post
Going to wait. No stats = no dice. No info on what LTS get = no dice.

When the information is made available, then I will make my mind up...

Edit: Please remove the guy with the fake English accent, in the legacy pack trailer.

It's a Faaaaaaake!
I believe he is doing a Romulan accent
Career Officer
# 82
very disapointed lifetimers wont get this for free.
what was the point in me spending a good wack of money for lifetime when something new like this comes out which is basicly a massive add on and then expect us to pay for it again. no way will i buy this as sweet as some of the stuff is why should i pay again after paying to be a lifer.
other games i play wouldnt do this ... bad call i say.
Captain
# 83
LTS should not get the ships, they should not get the liberated borg reman boff thingy or anything else they plan to add to the C-Store. They shouldn't even get a discount and certainly not the masterkeys and maybe not the doff pack.

However I do think they should get something out of this as most of them have paid the LTS for the bonuses to the whole game not just for the Fed and KDF factions. In fact most people bought the LTS long before confirmation of a Romulan faction. I'd say (IMO) give them the titles, the liberated borg race (which has long been a lifer exclusive reward anyway) and the Reman boff.

Seems like a compromise.
Starfleet Veteran
# 84
04-18-2013, 09:37 AM
RA Retrofit ships are no longer best in class, so the real question people need to be asking is if this purchase will qualify for the fleet store reduction ? aka $5 for the fleet variants of the VA Retrofit ships. If they don't qualify then you're up for another 20/25 bucks per fleet ship.

It's a big waste of money getting the legacy pack if you simply replace your Retrofit ships immediately on reaching VA, witch is exactly what a lot of people with T5 shipyards are going to be doing.

Last edited by r37; 04-18-2013 at 09:42 AM.
Republic Veteran
# 85
04-18-2013, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsonhalfzware View Post
what was the point in me spending a good wack of money for lifetime when something new like this comes out which is basicly a massive add on and then expect us to pay for it again. no way will i buy this as sweet as some of the stuff is why should i pay again after paying to be a lifer.
LTS don't get retrofit ships ever, LTS never got Borg BO, or any BO...so what are you talking about nothing on that list LTS ever got.
Survivor of Romulus
# 86
04-18-2013, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsonhalfzware View Post
Um, on my LTS account, I do not expect to get this for free. I expected a discount, minimum, and the Romulan/reman Liberated species should also be included in LTS as well, but the ships no.

None of the federation/kdf ships are included in the LTS, so why should the Romulan ships be included?

Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
The stick Cryptic keep bringing out isn't to discourage you from playing, its to discourage you from playing incorrectly. The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Captain
# 87
04-18-2013, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
LTS don't get retrofit ships ever, LTS never got Borg BO, or any BO...so what are you talking about nothing on that list LTS ever got.
Actually LTS got the liberated borg race which has been exclusive to only them and now is being allowed to others. They also have access to Android bridge officers which are again exclusive to LTS. If neither of these or an equivalent is being brought out for the third faction they should get access to it so long as it's not going into the C-Store.

Also LTS get a VA token which DOES give them access to a single retrofit ship free but does not unlock for your whole account nor does it give the reduction of cost for a fleet version.
Survivor of Romulus
# 88
04-18-2013, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by r37 View Post
RA Retrofit ships are no longer best in class, so the real question people need to be asking is if this purchase will qualify for the fleet store reduction ? aka $5 for the fleet variants of the VA Retrofit ships. If they don't qualify then you're up for another 20/25 bucks per fleet ship.

It's a big waste of money getting the legacy pack if you simply replace your Retrofit ships immediately on reaching VA, witch is exactly what a lot of people with T5 shipyards are going to be doing.
You have a good point there. Another to add to my list on waiting for information before purchase...

Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
The stick Cryptic keep bringing out isn't to discourage you from playing, its to discourage you from playing incorrectly. The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Career Officer
# 89
04-18-2013, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by r37 View Post
RA Retrofit ships are no longer best in class, so the real question people need to be asking is if this purchase will qualify for the fleet store reduction ? aka $5 for the fleet variants of the VA Retrofit ships, because IF they don't qualify then then you're up for another 20/25 bucks per fleet ship.

Since Fleets won't be featuring in the Romulan faction (at least not initially) I assume that this is a null point and that the Romulan T5 ships will have stats/layouts similar to Federation/Klingon Fleet ships from the onset.

Ships such as the Vesta and Kumari lines, for example, have Fleet ship layouts and stats despite not actually being Fleet ships as such.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iconians View Post
Instead of asking the question "Why are players doing this?"

The question being asked is, "How do we stop players from doing this?"
Career Officer
# 90
04-18-2013, 09:48 AM
I was under the impression that the Reman species was supposed to be a free unlock for reaching Romulan Rep tier 5. As for ships not being available to LTS/Gold players, anybody with a 600 day veteran award generally got a ship token which made a small selection of ships available as a choice for selection.

While I will admit I have bought this pack any chance of being cheeky and asking for the T1 Kumari you gave all the Neverwinter people to also be included as a bonus?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Neriz --- Eleven --- S'alesh --- Nizalay and maybe the odd Fed char too.
Defecting from the Federation to the Romulans from May 21st
Closed Thread