Commander
How can I select red as color for kdf UI ?
The actual color as standard is a light brown and I don't like it as much as the old red which is on live server.

Is there any possibilities to set the UI to have the same color as the old ? (red kdf)
"There already is a Borg faction, its called the Federation. They assimilate everyone else's technology and remove any biological or technical distinctiveness and add it to their own."
I refuse to be content :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwI0u9L4R8U
Career Officer
# 2
04-03-2013, 08:21 PM
No Red.
Captain
# 3
04-03-2013, 09:26 PM
No red, no "Custom" option either which is a shame.

TNG is off as well. The yellow is too bright and obscures the button text.
Career Officer
# 4
04-03-2013, 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundrelic View Post
No red, no "Custom" option either which is a shame.

TNG is off as well. The yellow is too bright and obscures the button text.
Yeah and this also happens ont he Voyager UI theme as well. +1 for a custom option.
Commander
# 5
04-03-2013, 11:07 PM
Every color has an effect on mind even if this effect is harder to perceive at first.
I like red in general ,even outside STO, and since I play 90% kdf the red of the UI is what I got accustomed. More in movies the LCARS interface of Kdf ships were all red.Some people complained in forums about this color (mostly federation saying they don't play kdf because of UI color) so I guess the best way it would be that in color scheme selection there also should be an option for kdf red for actual kdf players .
There are almost 2 months until release so there is time to change one existing option or add another one.
"There already is a Borg faction, its called the Federation. They assimilate everyone else's technology and remove any biological or technical distinctiveness and add it to their own."
I refuse to be content :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwI0u9L4R8U
Cryptic Studios Team
# 6
04-04-2013, 01:53 AM
From what I've seen, there will be a way to create your own custom color themes, but it might require an addon file or some hackery like that. More details will be shared once UI has it up and running. If that isn't the case, then we'll consider adding in specific colored themes that have a stronger red.
Rihannsu
# 7
04-04-2013, 02:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
From what I've seen, there will be a way to create your own custom color themes, but it might require an addon file or some hackery like that. More details will be shared once UI has it up and running. If that isn't the case, then we'll consider adding in specific colored themes that have a stronger red.
I also just noticed it does not stick per character. so if i pick the klingon one for my klingon, it will show up as Klingon for all of them and id have to manually change each time.

Maybe thats a bug and just not working right yet, i dont know, but it would be nice if the choice is remembered for each character

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Career Officer
# 8
04-04-2013, 02:18 AM
At least it would be great if the color choice could be faction specific. So I choose TNG for my Feds, Orion for my KDFs and Reman for my Romulans. I could totally live with that.

"Sometimes you have to do things that you hate, so you can survive to fight another day."
Captain
# 9
04-04-2013, 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
Please do! A customisable UI colour palette would be awesome!
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
Career Officer
# 10
04-04-2013, 04:22 AM
i agree with the saving per character of the color selection, otherwise it makes no sense to have anything in use but the default (not if you have more than 1 character)

but what i really want to see is an option, like the chatbox has one, to make all windows transparent, they already are a little tiny bit transparent, but imho still to black, others might want full black instead... etc. just give us a Slider that afffects all windows / ui elements instead of just the one chat window.

if you feel fancy, give the option to every window on its own

somebody might want to hide windows that don't make much sense to be hidden, if every window had a 100% transparency option that would solve that problem permanently.

(for example, i'd like to hide the Quest log)

yes yes i know that is UI coding time, you don't have that right now, but just... put it on the schedule for later so you don't forget i don't mind if that comes in Season 8 or 9, i'll be here, waiting.