Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 208
# 21
04-04-2013, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by a3001 View Post
Because you will be imposing your will upon me. This I do NOT believe in.
I impose my will on no one. All I did was ask a question. Should we be in such a hurry?
And I can actually go as slow as I want. It is just nice sometimes to have others playing the same way. Most of the time when I level a new toon. I go so fast I cannot even keep good gear it goes so fast.

I am going to savor the Romulons experience. Even if I have to pick a faction!
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 921
# 22
04-04-2013, 10:20 AM
Okay, with my first Romulan yeah I will be taking my time and enjoying it, after that though. Well I have done the story I know what is going on, so yeah I want to lvl it fast not go through the same story at the same slow pace. Just don't queue for MU and you are fine.

Do you have a problem not queuing? Do you hear MU calling out your name, commanding you to run it whenever possible? If not then there is no reason for them to disable it for 30 days, if you do....well I suggest a shrink and large amounts of medication not disabling something that other may want to use at some point in that time frame.
"We are the United Federation of Planets and we come in peace....unless you have something we want, or refuse to join us, then you have no choice."
Better dead then Fed!
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 198
# 23
04-04-2013, 10:25 AM
Well how very nice for you. You want to enjoy your play experience as you see fit then have the audacity to think your preferences should determine the experience of everyone else. I'm unaware if it would take much effort at all on the part of the developer to effect the changes you desire but any effort is too much.

Play how you like and mind your business. Wouldn't it be a crying shame if you chose to,"stop and smell the roses" and somebody who didn't share that perspective were to get ahead of you. If it's not a race get over yourself and stop trying to dictate how other people should be playing. If your recommendations were not sufficiently crippling why not institute time gates on ranks and other manners of foolishness that would stretch out the experience so you could savour it that much more?

You don't like Mirror. Don't play it. If somebody else does and has some new shiny you get all hot and jealous about because they chose the other path maybe you could benefit from some self reflection and accept you are a bit of a power gamer and don't really like story that much after all. Your issue, not mine

At least you were right about something. A presumptuous post like this has a funny way of irking people whether a competitive gamer who would want to advance their character as quickly as possible or someone who is simply offended by the arrogance of some clown attempting to remove freedom of choice from something as trivial as a leisurely pursuit.

As far as, "simply raising a question" that's just semantics. At least if you made your request/declaration/question/whatever you want to call it directly I wouldn't think you were a spineless autocrat.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 921
# 24
04-04-2013, 10:29 AM
horridperson, you're not so horrid.
"We are the United Federation of Planets and we come in peace....unless you have something we want, or refuse to join us, then you have no choice."
Better dead then Fed!
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 518
# 25
04-04-2013, 10:36 AM
To be honest I don't get it. Sure you can powerlevel like mad using things like MU, but even without it you still level up very, very quickly in this game.

Even without doing many MU, I leveled a tact officer to 50 in a matter of a week or so, playing a hour maybe 2 a day, a bit more on the weekends.

But it's not like being lvl 50 excludes you from any content or anything, with the system matching the NPC's to your level, there's no real difference between doing a mission at lvl 15 and lvl 50, other then having more powers and such.

In this game, the whole idea of 'stopping to smell the roses' doesn't work, because the roses are there no matter what part of the path your on.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 208
# 26
04-04-2013, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by horridperson View Post
Well how very nice for you. You want to enjoy your play experience as you see fit then have the audacity to think your preferences should determine the experience of everyone else. I'm unaware if it would take much effort at all on the part of the developer to effect the changes you desire but any effort is too much.

Play how you like and mind your business. Wouldn't it be a crying shame if you chose to,"stop and smell the roses" and somebody who didn't share that perspective were to get ahead of you. If it's not a race get over yourself and stop trying to dictate how other people should be playing. If your recommendations were not sufficiently crippling why not institute time gates on ranks and other manners of foolishness that would stretch out the experience so you could savour it that much more?

You don't like Mirror. Don't play it. If somebody else does and has some new shiny you get all hot and jealous about because they chose the other path maybe you could benefit from some self reflection and accept you are a bit of a power gamer and don't really like story that much after all. Your issue, not mine

At least you were right about something. A presumptuous post like this has a funny way of irking people whether a competitive gamer who would want to advance their character as quickly as possible or someone who is simply offended by the arrogance of some clown attempting to remove freedom of choice from something as trivial as a leisurely pursuit.

As far as, "simply raising a question" that's just semantics. At least if you made your request/declaration/question/whatever you want to call it directly I wouldn't think you were a spineless autocrat.
Time for a lock on this thread. As some are taking my suggestion way to seriously!
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 253
# 27
04-04-2013, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptvanor View Post
To be honest I don't get it. Sure you can powerlevel like mad using things like MU, but even without it you still level up very, very quickly in this game.

Even without doing many MU, I leveled a tact officer to 50 in a matter of a week or so, playing a hour maybe 2 a day, a bit more on the weekends.
Exactly this. My original toon hit level cap without even finishing the Romulan missions. I was running STFs, and had never even seen the Borg in regular gameplay at that time.

The only toon that I've power levelled with MU is my kling Tac. The others have all been 'slow boated' through mission play at a casual pace, a few queued events, and casual doffing. The ones at level cap have all done it before they're done with the original Cardy missions.

The two that I'm working on now will also hit level cap before they are done with the original Cardy missions.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 987
# 28
04-04-2013, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zztoppers View Post
I impose my will on no one. All I did was ask a question. Should we be in such a hurry?
And I can actually go as slow as I want. It is just nice sometimes to have others playing the same way. Most of the time when I level a new toon. I go so fast I cannot even keep good gear it goes so fast.

I am going to savor the Romulons experience. Even if I have to pick a faction!
Your OP clearly indicated you think all power leveling should be turned off for 30 days. Don't try to weasel out of people calling you out.

People will, and should be able to, play how they want, and its none of your business.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 208
# 29
04-04-2013, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zztoppers View Post
I know this Idea may be unpopular. But I believe since this is a new faction. And we are starting a new. It would be nice to experience in on a slow grind. Savor the time spent leveling a new character. After 30 days all bets are off. We are all in such a hurry to get where we are going. It might be nice to slow down and smell the flowers. Enjoy the lower levels and do some regular missions. Once you hit lvl 50 its all STFs and Romlulan and Fleet missions for the Reputation system.

Why not take our time?
Why not take our time?

That is in fact a question!

I should not have to quote myself!

It is funny how you missed that part!

And the title does say For the new Romulan Faction. Not everyone else!

Last edited by zztoppers; 04-04-2013 at 10:57 AM.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,610
# 30
04-04-2013, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zztoppers View Post
Why not take our time?

That is in fact a question!

I should not have to quote myself!

It is funny how you missed that part!
But what is time? what is a quote!?

I will most definitely be taking my time, even doing a lot of Romulan foundry missions to help me really immerse myself.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:50 PM.