Career Officer
# 11
04-04-2013, 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tebsu View Post
whats the matter of sector space if you can be everywhere in no time..
I'd rather not spend my limited playtime waiting to get to my destination or travelling.
Dear Devs: I enjoyed the Legacy of Romulus expansion much more than the Delta Rising expansion. For specific reasons why and suggestions for future improvements to STO, please look here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Anyone calling Valoreah a "Cryptic fanboy" must be new to the forum.
Career Officer
# 12
04-04-2013, 06:17 AM
I really don't understand why we have some end game engines sitting at warp 10 while others don't? Its pretty non-sense, don't give a bonus to all the engines but allow them to exceed warp 10 for anything end game.
Delirium Tremens
Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
Nothing to do anymore.
http://dtfleet.com/
Visit our Youtube channel
Starfleet Veteran
# 13
04-04-2013, 06:31 AM
Cryptic needs to decide what scale it wants to use; the old TNG-Voyger scale where warp 10 couldn't be reached; or the alternate future adjusted warp scale where warp speeds of 13 could be achieved.

If they want to stick to the old warp scale, no ship using conventional warp engines should be reaching higher than warp 9.995
---------------------------------------------------
U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-91771 - Nebula-class
Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
Dedication Plaque: "Leave nothing unattempted" - James Cook
Career Officer
# 14
04-04-2013, 06:42 AM
So the Borg set won't do Warp 14 anymore? If so, that's pretty lame.
Dear Devs: I enjoyed the Legacy of Romulus expansion much more than the Delta Rising expansion. For specific reasons why and suggestions for future improvements to STO, please look here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Anyone calling Valoreah a "Cryptic fanboy" must be new to the forum.
Starfleet Veteran
# 15
04-04-2013, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dichtbringer View Post
When LOR hits Warp Speed will be determined by Warp Core anyway so no matter.
Quote:
So the Borg set won't do Warp 14 anymore? If so, that's pretty lame.
Not completely - M/A warp cores cap at warp 10 (remains to be seen if the same is true of singularity cores), which is tuned to be higher than warp 10 is right now. Borg and MACO engines still go transwarp, everything else still doesn't.

Quote:
If they want to stick to the old warp scale, no ship using conventional warp engines should be reaching higher than warp 9.995
It's only goes out to 2 decimal places. 9.995 would be displayed as 10.

Last edited by hevach; 04-04-2013 at 06:45 AM.
Career Officer
# 16
04-04-2013, 08:10 AM
Actually, if you read the tribble forums you'll see that the speed hasn't changed, only the display and the way it is calculated. I guess the easiest way to find out if it's true or not is to time how long it takes to fly on tribble and then on holodeck.
Career Officer
# 17
04-04-2013, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kar1972 View Post
So, I spent lots of time, grinding, for omega marks to complete my set, dilithium, time, and when I finally manage to get the full set, I get warp 10 in sector space?

Wtf?
does anyone ever bother reading the labels carefully anymore?
On the subject of Abramsverse stuff in STO: http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/07...l-rivera-part/
And more reasons against JJ Trek: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiQ9piVgtWM
And even more: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REOjxvQPQNQ
Starfleet Veteran
# 18
04-04-2013, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Actually, if you read the tribble forums you'll see that the speed hasn't changed, only the display and the way it is calculated. I guess the easiest way to find out if it's true or not is to time how long it takes to fly on tribble and then on holodeck.
This is how it's worded there:

Quote:
Additionally, the scale of Warp Speed throughout the game has been recalculated to allow players to go faster in Sector Space but maintain Warp 10 as the fastest displayed non-Transwarp speed.

A speed that previously displayed as Warp 7 now displays as Warp 5, but is actually the same speed.
This means captains moving at Warp 10 will now reach their destinations more quickly than they could before.
I'll time a warp 10 sector crossing after I get holodeck patched to compare if you'd like. I'm on standby for jury duty today, though, I'll find out in about 12 minutes if I'll have time.

Last edited by hevach; 04-04-2013 at 08:18 AM.
Republic Veteran
# 19
04-04-2013, 08:18 AM
On Tribble ludicrous speed is a go, and everyone will be going to plaid.

Warp 5 in Tribble is warp 7 on holo deck warp 10 is super fast now...... tour the galaxy mission will go a lot faster now
The Only good Iconian is a DEAD Iconian

Would you like to know more?
Captain
# 20
04-04-2013, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
I'd rather not spend my limited playtime waiting to get to my destination or travelling.
Isn't that one of the main points of Star Trek itself? The voyage? The travelling?