Lieutenant
# 1 Lock Boxes and No Keys
04-04-2013, 08:29 AM
I am one of those F2P players who actually does buy stuff from the C-Store but, I have a couple hundred dominion lock boxes and a limited amount of RL currency to apply to the game. Is there any chance that keys could be rewards for either duty officer assignments or some missions? Love the game and everything about it except not being able to open those damn boxes.
Thanks for listening.
Captain
# 2
04-04-2013, 08:30 AM
Master keys cost around 1.3-1.4 mil EC on the exchange.
Lieutenant
# 3
04-04-2013, 08:42 AM
And who has that kind of EC?
Ensign
# 4
04-04-2013, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drac0s65 View Post
And who has that kind of EC?
You can make that kind of EC easy in 2 day's
Career Officer
# 5
04-04-2013, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drazaal View Post
You can also convert dilithium to zen and buy 2 keys nearly every 3 days.

Keys really aren't that hard to get.
Lieutenant
# 6
04-05-2013, 06:10 AM

How can you make that much so quickly?
Career Officer
# 7
04-05-2013, 06:34 AM
Quote:

How can you make that much so quickly?
I've found that running Tau Dewa sector patrols yields enough decent drops to earn 200-300K every day. It doesn't take long to do either.
Captain Kirk is climbing a mountain. Why is he climbing a mountain? Is he learning to fly?
Republic Veteran
# 8
04-05-2013, 06:54 AM
Quote:
I am one of those F2P players who actually does buy stuff from the C-Store but, I have a couple hundred dominion lock boxes and a limited amount of RL currency to apply to the game. Is there any chance that keys could be rewards for either duty officer assignments or some missions? Love the game and everything about it except not being able to open those damn boxes.
Thanks for listening.
Cryptic will never offer Keys as a drop or outside of the zen store. The whole point of the lockboxes (and Keys) is to increase revenue to cryptic. Keys not in zen store means no revenue to Cryptic.

Even with the exchange, someone had to buy those keys. Even if that someone used Dilithium to get the zen. Someone else had to get the Zen, either with read money. Or as a stipend from subscribing. Either way Cryptic made money somewhere.
Lieutenant
# 9
04-05-2013, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voyagerfan9751 View Post
Cryptic will never offer Keys as a drop or outside of the zen store. The whole point of the lockboxes (and Keys) is to increase revenue to cryptic. Keys not in zen store means no revenue to Cryptic.

Even with the exchange, someone had to buy those keys. Even if that someone used Dilithium to get the zen. Someone else had to get the Zen, either with read money. Or as a stipend from subscribing. Either way Cryptic made money somewhere.
I realize that they have to make money to keep running and I have no problems spending the money when I have it. I am just asking that every once in a while they drop you a key. Say, maybe, every 100 boxes you get the game drops you a key through a doff assignment.
BTW, thank you to all who have replied to my post. I am really relatively new to the game and I appreciate the help, advice and sharing from those of you with more experience.
Empire Veteran
# 10
04-10-2013, 08:49 PM
Just hold onto the boxes til you have money, do as others have said and buy them of the exchange (so easy to make EC in this game, my D'Kora, Galor and JHAS all bought off the exchange that's about 400-450k million just there).

Or you can do what I have been doing holding on them and when they go up on the exchange sell them. Make some EC or give them to friends to open.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"