Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Starfleet Veteran
I'm loving the new LCARS UI on Tribble at the moment. It really does make "my" experience with playing STO a lot more authentic now. A lot of people don't like it, but I for one love the change. Really starting to look and feel more Trek now.

The one thing that really annoys me though is the Galaxy class. The Ambassador class model itself got the same special treat ment as the Vesta class when it comes to the visual look and feel of the ship. It has the correct decals and hull textures. I think its about time we had this sort of love and attention to current STO cannon ships, including the Galaxy.

Im not too sure on how others think about this, but I for one grew up with Next Generation, and the Galaxy class is my Enterprise. She looks and feels really under powered and plain now compared to all the newer ships Cryptic keeps dishing out. Its a real shame. She needs more attention.

I know the devs are working the butts off with the new Legacy of Romulus expansion, which I am really looking forward too, but I think its about time Cryptic started going over some "older" ships in game and making them more in line with there cannon counterparts.

This of course is my own opinion.
Lieutenant
# 2
04-04-2013, 09:13 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 04-04-2013 at 12:42 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
04-04-2013, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by casiopia254 View Post
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
That's a bit harsh mate to say. As it says at the very bottom of my post, its is my OWN opinion.
And when I was on Tribble the other night, there were MANY people that loved the new UI.

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 04-04-2013 at 12:43 PM.
Career Officer
# 4
04-04-2013, 09:16 AM
Quote:
That's both rude and insulting.

Ensign
# 5
04-04-2013, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Actually I think most people who play this game just love to complain about EVERYTHING and then still play and give the game its money. The UI looks fresh and new compared to the current one, will help bring in new players. The whole idea is to look like a big expansion has taken place (like other mmos charge for) and bring back old players, and bring in new.

Starfleet Veteran
# 6
04-04-2013, 09:19 AM
Thanks guys. I didn't want to loose my cool with the above comment to be fair. I'm too old for arguing. haha
Ensign
# 7
04-04-2013, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainwallis84 View Post
Thanks guys. I didn't want to loose my cool with the above comment to be fair. I'm too old for arguing. haha
he's just one of way to many trolls in this game, who have nothing better to do then troll. Sadly a common feature of Free to Play MMO's, you tend to see less in sub ones as they won't pay just to troll people. (WoW being the only exception)
Commander
# 8
04-04-2013, 09:22 AM
The Galaxy most certainly needs a looking at and fixed. It's too underpowered to be effective and it is a C-store ship. They use the old girl in a lot of ads and promos, they need to give her a bit of love in game.
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
04-04-2013, 09:25 AM
Indeed. Its a shame really, as I really enjoy this game. Its really starting to feel more Trek with every update/expansion. Anyhow thanks for the support and back on with the op. It would be nice for a DEV to respond on the Galaxy class subject. (which I know a fair few people in the game would like an answer too).
Career Officer
# 10
04-04-2013, 09:25 AM
The TNG LCARS UI needs some tweaking still, but it's not bad.

So, Cryptic, when can we have the Generations Galaxy bridge that we were shown over 4 years ago?
----