Career Officer
# 1 I got a good question for y'a
04-04-2013, 12:13 PM
With all the rules and regulations regarding CBS (or whatever the tv studio calls itself) and STO, when these ships have been done, what comes next?

Since Star Trek kind of started over there is not much chanse of new ships or future ships coming to the movie screen any time soon.

So what is it that STO will build its future ships on next? Where does the creativity end and rules from CBS start?

My greatest fear is that we reached the critical point where we wont get more ships cause there just is no canon regarding where they would come from or what they would be built like etc.

Please inform me...
Captain
# 2
04-04-2013, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spearhawk2013 View Post
So what is it that STO will build its future ships on next?
There's a lot of ships in STO that were never seen on a screen, be it TV or Movie. As I understand it, any ship that was seen on the TV or Movie, is something they could put into the game.

For anything new, I believe it's just a matter of showing the design to someone at CBS and they can approve, disprove, or ask for changes to the design.
Captain
# 3
04-04-2013, 12:20 PM
Cryptic already has several 25th century ships designs in the game that were never seen on TV or a movie. They will produce more of those as time goes on.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Career Officer
# 4
04-04-2013, 12:22 PM
Sweet then there IS a future.... cool