Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
They make great bards!
Someone entered the wrong universe !
Only Internet users deal in absolutes !
Starfleet Veteran
# 12
04-04-2013, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Romulan captains and ships will be able to use the Duty Officer System and we are adding Romulans and Remans to Duty Officer Packs.
Good...

Quote:
We also have exclusive Romulan DOFF packs planned in the near future.
Good...

Quote:
Romulans will be able to completely outfit their ships with Romulan/Reman DOFFs and BOFFs.
Very good...

Quote:
FED and KDF captains will also be able to obtain Romulan and Reman bridge officers. We also plan to offer Romulan Republic flavored Duty Officer Missions.
Oh God damn it! One unique thing that actually matters at endgame, is that really too much to ask?

Honestly, I've still yet to see anything that makes this a faction. If you'd made romulans playable to both other factions and dropped a couple warbirds in the C-store we'd have the same effect.

Last edited by captainmal3; 04-04-2013 at 12:25 PM.
Career Officer
# 13
04-04-2013, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by walshicus View Post
Sorry Dan, we don't *want* the "advantage" of being able to fly Fed ships as Romulans. If we wanted that we'd play our Fed captains. Please, please please please get rid of this "feature" before it's too late and the faction is ruined for good.
Completely COMPLETELY agree here. Also, the back story provided makes absolutely no sense. Essentially the Romulans (a race on the ropes) is able to negotiate for ship designs (including faction specific consoles) with 2 factions currently at war?

Honestly, I'd be happy with limited ship availability to the Romulan faction (given the back story).. even allowing the Romulans ability to purchase items from their "Allied Fleet" base and/embassy... but no to ships...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
Rihannsu
# 14
04-04-2013, 12:20 PM
Everything's great and all and I don't really mind the alliance fact or some other restrictions, but this:
Quote:
[Terilynn] Will the new Romulan faction have full access to a Duty Officer system?

[dStahl] Yes. Romulan captains and ships will be able to use the Duty Officer System and we are adding Romulans and Remans to Duty Officer Packs. We also have exclusive Romulan DOFF packs planned in the near future. Romulans will be able to completely outfit their ships with Romulan/Reman DOFFs and BOFFs. FED and KDF captains will also be able to obtain Romulan and Reman bridge officers. We also plan to offer Romulan Republic flavored Duty Officer Missions.
This I find really disappointing. You can't really keep saying with straight face that romulans are their own unique fully-fledged faction while even their duty officer missions are going to be taken from either FED or KDF, with just "plans" of releasing their own doff packs. I find this worse than lack of proper romulan fleets...

Oh well, I guess this means I've got yet another reason to ally myself with klingons, as their doff missions are way better.
Republic Veteran
# 15
04-04-2013, 12:22 PM
Dstalh, had you come up with this writeup at the announcement of the inclusion of a third faction in STO there would have been a lot less anger, frustration, bewilderment on the forums in the past couple of weeks. It was a informative read, please try to focus on being this informative in the future, especially in the monthly QAs.
Survivor of Romulus
# 16
04-04-2013, 12:22 PM
While the original news was exciting for me, having wanted to play a Romulan since launch, my enthusiasm was tempered by talk of allies and ship-sharing. A lot of what you have to say in this interview has dispelled most of my bad feelings and I'm once again enthused for this update!

That said, Dan, I was hoping you'd touch on a specific issue regarding the alliance(s): Cryptic is using the term "allies"--a word which implies political and military cooperation between partners. Given that the Federation and Klingon Empire are in a state of war, how is it possible that the Romulans can ally with both without drawing criticism or hostility from either faction? It seems strange to me that the Federation would allow Romulan captains access to their technology while there are other Romulans cooperating with the Klingon Empire. Isn't that counter-productive to the Federation/Klingon war effort?
Survivor of Romulus
# 17
04-04-2013, 12:24 PM
Love the idea of using the allied faction's ships. Please don't listen to the whiners
Survivor of Romulus
# 18
04-04-2013, 12:26 PM
Well you feel free to use them

I want a Classic Gull wing
Captain
# 19
3-way PVP or go home
Rihannsu
# 20
Since as I have waited since game launch to play the Romulans

Do me the courtesy of allowing uniforms from the Trek series (classic, tng, ds9 and movie) to be purchased in the C stores

I will than hopefully find missions where I can attack Klingon or Federation vessels and see how long I can pretend Im playing a Romulan -not an add on to its two traditional enemies

Very disappointed