Captain
Many have been experiencing a "switcheroo" of sorts where one would claim the Breen raider and yet it turns into the chell grett.

This may be late, but I'd one person can screen shot this bug, my who have been screwed may get a swap to happen.

I, myself, did not experience the bug but my fleet leader did.

Good luck, I hope someone can catch the bug
Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
Captain
# 2
12-31-2013, 01:03 PM
It could be just a matter of players thinking they have started the Raider project, but not realized they started the Cruiser project by mistake. Easier to blame something on a non-existent bug than a player not paying attention for the 1 to 25 times they donated to the project.

Edit: Just checked all my characters that completed the Raider project to see if I was rewarded the Raider box and all of them did. Opened up one box on a character and she was granted the Raider. I would suggest your Fleet Leader contact support to see if they can get their ship changed and to confirm if they did have the Raider Box before opening it. Although, if it does exist, then it seems to be a rare bug since there would be more commotion about it than one person saying that someone they know had their ship switched.

Last edited by starkaos; 12-31-2013 at 01:24 PM.
Captain
# 3
12-31-2013, 07:41 PM
It isn't a single instance. There have been a fair few others that say the same issue has happened to them
Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
Career Officer
# 4
12-31-2013, 08:10 PM
I think it's extremely likely this is a case of user error. But by all means, document things like this if it makes you happy. And report in if you have proof of a bug.
Captain
# 5
12-31-2013, 08:48 PM
Also is it claiming the box or opening the box? If someone encountered this bug or made a mistake, then have them contact support.
Commander
# 6
12-31-2013, 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
It could be just a matter of players thinking they have started the Raider project, but not realized they started the Cruiser project by mistake. Easier to blame something on a non-existent bug than a player not paying attention for the 1 to 25 times they donated to the project.
This. I wasn't even going to get any of the ships but with a ton of spare glossys what the heck and I can't reproduce the bug. Definitely seems like it's a case of not reading to make sure the project says Breen Raider and not Breen Cruiser, it's an easy mistake especially since Cruiser is the first option.
Commander
# 7
12-31-2013, 10:01 PM
This is not the first time I've seen this type of error come up. It used to happen all the time when going through filling up rep projects, I'll try and take a screen shot next time, but you'd have one type of commodity highlighted, yet on the scale to select them, it will say something else. This used to happen to a friend of mine a fair bit. I've also heard of this happening when selecting warp cores from the mine, (god i'd be pissed if that happened to me).

I believe its a UI bug and/or something to do with latency.
Captain
# 8
12-31-2013, 11:22 PM
I agree that it is mostly user error, however given Cryptic's track record with bugs, who knows.