Rihannsu
# 21
04-04-2013, 01:55 PM
Mmm stahl did say somewhere that there would be a Romulan Lockbox somewhere down the line. Don't worry non-Romulan fed players, you will get your D'deridex eventually.
"If you didn't want to get yelled at by a bunch of crazy nerds you shouldn't have posted on the forums"
"Bacon tastes so much better marinated in vegan tears"
Better dead then Fed!
Career Officer
# 22
04-04-2013, 01:55 PM
Why? Another way didn't make sense by the STO story line! Under this circumstances - good Cryptic!
Starfleet Veteran
# 23
04-04-2013, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
But don't have to

So im happy

Of course Id like to see them limited to Romulan ships and the Defiant
I seem to recall the Romulans using Klingon battlecruisers, so shouldn't they be able to Oh I don't know get some.
Ensign
# 24
04-04-2013, 01:58 PM
Yeah Cryptic, shame on you for adding loads of stuff that doesn't detract in any way from people's ability to play existing factions as normal!

I hope you're feeling actual shame now! In fact, I hope it eats you up inside just like it eats away at people who feel shame for committing actual murders and stuff!

I, for one, fear change and hope that all this cool new content we're being promised is just an april fool's trick gone awry!
Survivor of Romulus
# 25
04-04-2013, 02:02 PM
So long as Romulan cstore ships are able to be used my federation and KDF, I would have no problem with it...

Fed Eng (Main). Fed Sci. Fed Tac. Rom Sci (KDF)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsune424 View Post
Here is your ticket to the USS Stupidity, Third class, four tacks on the chair, rules state you MUST sit on the chair, no standing, or hovering above the tacks, thank you have a nice day
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-04-2013, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
I agree. Saying it "fits the story" is silly. Federation space is polluted with Galors, Jem bugs, Ferengi, Tholian and time ships.... but Romulan ships are story breaking...

No doubt we'll see the Romulan C-Store ships and/or Romulan lockbox at or shortly after LoR goes live.
Nailed it. Nothing would break immersion more than flying a borg ship and according to Stahl they could be bringing a borg lock box later this year, so yeah. My Andorian captain demands his Warbird right now, because he (and thus I) don't give a damn about romulans!

How are you supposed to operate a borg probe/sphere unless you're a liberated borg officer? Plug your bowel into the wall console? Stick your fingers or... other parts into the transfer nodes? Duh...

Also, I'm glad that others get the chance to fly FED/KDF ships on their Romulan character - I for one am only interested in captaining the D'deridex and maybe the TOS bird of prey. If I want to fly my FED/KDF C-store ships I'll just log on to my FED/KDF toons period. I really don't have a problem with it, but his argument really sickens me... you can buy bloody timeships from ferengi smugglers in this game!!! TIMESHIPS!!! Yet Romulans loaning/sharing command of their vessels with their newfound allies is bordering the unimaginable. Seriously?...

Last edited by auricius; 04-04-2013 at 02:16 PM.
Captain
# 27
04-04-2013, 02:09 PM
Like the Feddies and Klingies before them the Epohh tagging Rommies need to fly a JHAS anyways. It's the only logical choice.
Rihannsu
# 28
04-04-2013, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunfrancks View Post
So long as Romulan cstore ships are able to be used my federation and KDF, I would have no problem with it...
-_-

K apparently that was to short. Here is a pair of sentences for you.
"If you didn't want to get yelled at by a bunch of crazy nerds you shouldn't have posted on the forums"
"Bacon tastes so much better marinated in vegan tears"
Better dead then Fed!
Career Officer
# 29
04-04-2013, 02:35 PM
You didn't assume it included Fleet ships when they first told us they'd have access to ally faction ships?
Career Officer
# 30
04-04-2013, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas12255 View Post
Wait, Cryptic is letting you play with ships that YOU'VE BOUGHT WITH YOUR MONEY on another character and you are saying they're trying to take your money? What kind of logic are some of you playing at....

This is a great decision for the players and is perfectly understandable with current lore.
Of course it is, my Klingons love flying the Vesta and the Kumari !
Only Internet users deal in absolutes !