Lt. Commander
I always get stuck on the loading screen when entering sector space, unless I turn the graphics all the way down before I enter. I do fine when transitioning between ship and ground, but sector space the loading screen always gets about 90% to the end and just doesn't go any further.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-13-2010, 09:45 PM
Tried waiting for a LOOOOOOONG time? I did, interestingly enough, it worked.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-13-2010, 10:34 PM
*bump* I have the same problem. I've got my own thread for it too.

I spent the majority of 5 hours staring at my warp loading screen trying to log into the serius sector.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-14-2010, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erztez View Post
Tried waiting for a LOOOOOOONG time? I did, interestingly enough, it worked.
1/2 an hour long enough? heh. I have waited that long if not longer. I left the room to go watch tv a while, came back and was still on the loading screen.

There have been times when it would take 2-3 minutes on other loading screens (not transitioning to sector space), which is a looooooooooong time in my personal opinion. But yea.... kinda unplayable if you can't get past loading screens in a timely manner, you forget wtf you were doing in the 1st place lol.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-14-2010, 10:08 AM
i have had the same issue....and been told my pc is the problem...even though i crush the minimum (am a bit short of recommended, but not by much)....i have gotten to the point where if i hang trying to goto sector space for more then 1 minute i just alt-cntl-del and relog in hopes that soon enough the issue will go away
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-14-2010, 11:29 AM
anyone think it could be a driver issue? I'm sure my graphics card driver is up to date, but maybe some other driver?

Perhaps some input on just what the game is loading once it reaches around that 80% completion area, Could it possibly even be sound?
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-14-2010, 09:21 PM
*bump* no one has any ideas? Devs?

I checked my drivers, no dice. Still same problem
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-14-2010, 09:25 PM
I'd like a techie or dev to comment on this. I've had this issue since the beginning of Closed Beta and I've not heard one real comment from the powers that be.

It's simple enough to work around, but working the graphics slider before any major load is just annoying. And then the times you forget and DOH hit the eternal load screen I just as soon log out and take a break. In fact, that's the exact reason I'm looking at the forums now.

It's not a rig issue. My rig is above recommended. I don't THINK it's a driver issue. I'd like to at least get some kind of acknowledgement that YES it is an issue and YES we are working on it.

Keep it bumped.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-15-2010, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boycarino View Post
I'd like a techie or dev to comment on this. I've had this issue since the beginning of Closed Beta and I've not heard one real comment from the powers that be.

It's simple enough to work around, but working the graphics slider before any major load is just annoying. And then the times you forget and DOH hit the eternal load screen I just as soon log out and take a break. In fact, that's the exact reason I'm looking at the forums now.

It's not a rig issue. My rig is above recommended. I don't THINK it's a driver issue. I'd like to at least get some kind of acknowledgement that YES it is an issue and YES we are working on it.

Keep it bumped.
same here, since closed beta I've had this problem. And if you say it isn't a rig issue that is very good news for me. PLEASE some input on this?

I am running XP professional
2 gigs of RAM
HD ATI Radeon 4800 with 1 gig RAM

!!!!!!!! *BUMP* !!!!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-15-2010, 12:40 PM
Could it be a processor issue? The guy above me makes me think no.