Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lieutenant
# 21
04-04-2013, 09:14 PM
I had all of those and it did not work that way. Did you try it personally? With 3 photonic doffs and the related BO ability the console could not go below 47 seconds unless there was some freak exploit out there.

This is beginning to sound like an urban legend. My cousin's friend's neighbor confirmed everything.

Last edited by philipag; 04-04-2013 at 09:21 PM.
Captain
# 22
04-04-2013, 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by philipag View Post
I had all of those and it did not work that way. Did you try it personally?

This is beginning to sound like a urban legend. My cousin's friend's neighbor confirmed everything.
Yes I would say I was like one of the fist to notice it, I showed it to a handful of well known pvp players... we laughed... and vowed to not let it get noticed... I then bug reported it. The last few months more and more people have discovered it. I would say someone must have shockwave rolled a dev for them to notice.

There is no urban legend... if you where unable to get it down to 15s you where not doing something right.

Regardless even if I stipulated with you that all it did was 40 some seconds. (and no it was 15) There is still no way doffs should be effecting a console. As far as I know its the only console effected by doffs at all... by the same logic tech doffs should reduce every console as well... of course that would be wrong.
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.
Lieutenant
# 23
04-04-2013, 09:33 PM
Fixing a bug is not in question in any case, when working as specced it was a reasonable (if slightly weak) ability+console "as was".
Captain
# 24
04-04-2013, 09:37 PM
Quote:
Fixing a bug is not in question in any case, when working as specced it was a reasonable (if slightly weak) ability+console "as was".
We'll have to agree to disagree on that one.

To prove the ability months ago before most of the critz guys left... I ran the torp and a shockwave on my sci sci. The other critz team couldn't keep an extend on anyone... and my sci sci did as much dmg as the guy we had playing tac scort, and I wouldn't say he puts up low numbers.

It was super OP... frankly I can't believe it took them so long to fix it. Still glad to see it has been.
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.
Captain
# 25
04-05-2013, 05:40 AM
Isn't PSW the only power that will break an extend shields?
----
@DevolvedOne
Empire Veteran
# 26
04-05-2013, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skurf View Post
Isn't PSW the only power that will break an extend shields?
Well other powers can break it, most any kind of disable will do, like Tric torps.

PSW is just more reliable.

Career Officer
# 27
04-05-2013, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by devorasx View Post
Misguided topic. Photonic shockwave torpedo is now working as intended as a torpedo, not a shockwave.
Is it much improved? because i took mine off since it wasn't doing much of anything and bounced enemies around too much.
I would like for the devs to open a poll/feedback thread on what exactly the players would like to see in the near future for the game.
Career Officer
# 28
04-05-2013, 09:39 AM
Quote:
...an ability you don't see a lot of any more, for good reason. This is the point. Second "nerf" in a row, and was already on the way out.
There does seem to be a trend. One can only hope that devs with their next release of the LoR will have thought of the sci skills nerfs and fixed most of them so that sci can be viable again. sigh. One can dream yeah know.

If not this will be another case of "well no one plays that class so we'll just continue to nerf the worst class in the game for damage output and defense continuously until the entire game is made up of Tactical Captains only"
I would like for the devs to open a poll/feedback thread on what exactly the players would like to see in the near future for the game.
Captain
# 29
04-05-2013, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the1tigglet View Post
There does seem to be a trend. One can only hope that devs with their next release of the LoR will have thought of the sci skills nerfs and fixed most of them so that sci can be viable again. sigh. One can dream yeah know.

If not this will be another case of "well no one plays that class so we'll just continue to nerf the worst class in the game for damage output and defense continuously until the entire game is made up of Tactical Captains only"
To be clear PSW the boff ability wasn't nerfed. They removed the PSWTorp's benefit from photonic doffs b/c you could get them down to ~12 sec recharge rates, this was achievable by the cooldown being reduced from the PSWTorp console activation and the PSW Boff ability activation triggering a 2nd reduction. A PSW copy can still get down to 30 seconds before hitting the shared timer using photonic doffs.
[Zone] Dack@****: cowards can't take a fed 1 on 1 crinckley cowards Hahahaha you smell like flowers
Random Quote from Kerrat
"Sumlobus@****: your mums eat Iced Targ Poo"
C&H Fed banter
Cryptic Studios Team
# 30
04-05-2013, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by p2wsucks View Post
To be clear PSW the boff ability wasn't nerfed.
How much more loudly and succinctly can this be said?

Photonic Shockwave - the Bridge Officer ability that fires a PBAoE shockwave from your ship - was completely unaltered in the most recent patch. Not a stitch of related code or data was shifted even a single digit in any direction.

Photonic Shockwave Torpedoes however - the Nadeon Detonator Console ability which improves your next standard torpedo attack - was benefiting incorrectly from a Duty Officer active roster ability, causing its cooldown to be dramatically reduced. We removed the ability for its cooldown to be reduced by the Doff power - this is the only change that was made to either of these powers.

Now, can this silly stream of miscommunication come an end please?
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...