Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Empire Veteran
# 21
04-04-2013, 07:26 PM
A thread in the BOff section of the forums is going into this issue.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Empire Veteran
# 22
04-04-2013, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goaroli View Post
I ve the same issues, massive weapon energy drain by using Fire at Will. I ve a purple doff for batteries, large weapon batteries & a red matter capacitor and my weapon power lvl also going down under 50 and lesser! Not even beam overload drains so many power. I ve a tactical & an engineer in a beamboat and both are effected in the same way. Only Nadion Inversion helps for very short time to resist the drain. Facit: beams are horrible to play now & I appeal to you Devs, please reset the changes of BFAW!!!!!!! I tossed vast sums of money in the game and had a lot of fun, but after this nerf, I really think about to stop playing STO.
Actually BO will drop your weapon power to 50.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Captain
# 23
04-04-2013, 07:28 PM
This issue may be the straw that broke the camel's back.

I haven't run FAW in a while, but I was planning on running it before this Saturday. Judging by what I'm hearing, it just might be easier to stick with the Beam Overload I have set up.

I foresee cannons and turrets increasing in popularity with captains who want their ships to deal damage to multiple targets. Well, there goes the Star Trek feel.

stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More!
IMO: Season 9 was the best season, Devs were right to focus on bugfixing. Roll back Delta Rising to that.
Captain
# 24
04-04-2013, 07:37 PM
Working correctly, IMO. Each beam in the BFaW is a real shot now, and you pay for a real shot now too. Keep the target list down to 2 or 3 and it will burn them up.
Career Officer
# 25
04-04-2013, 07:38 PM
Ran a half dozen STFs with this.. my damage is down about 35% or more

Average beam damage went from nearly 1100 to 600s with BFaW

Normal beam drain will drop me to 85ish with EPtW running

If I fire BFaW with no buffs, it drops weaons to 0
If I fire with EPtW down to about 30
If I fire with EPtW and EPS about 45, before it'd stay over 110
with EPtW and Nadeon Inversion it still drops down into the 90s, as opposed to sticking very near 125 before.

It feels like it drains more with more targets around, but its hard to tell, and the recycles on NI and EPS make it hard to really tell objective in the middle of a fight. Anyway, its completely broken and destroys the entire point of beams in the game.

It was hard enough keeping agro with BFaW will all the distributed damage, now its just a joke because it distributes nearly no damage at all. Might as well make the ability recycle match the Nadeon Inversion, its the only time it can be used.

Nobody testing this is really a bad move
Delirium Tremens
Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
Nothing to do anymore.
http://dtfleet.com/
Visit our Youtube channel
Captain
# 26
04-04-2013, 07:38 PM
I'm guessing, against cruisers with B:FAW, launching as much spam as you can would be the new tactic.

stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More!
IMO: Season 9 was the best season, Devs were right to focus on bugfixing. Roll back Delta Rising to that.
Career Officer
# 27
04-04-2013, 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursusmorologus View Post
Working correctly, IMO. Each beam in the BFaW is a real shot now, and you pay for a real shot now too. Keep the target list down to 2 or 3 and it will burn them up.
If this is working as intended then lets make some changes to scatter volley to be equally realistic?
Delirium Tremens
Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
Nothing to do anymore.
http://dtfleet.com/
Visit our Youtube channel
Career Officer
# 28
04-04-2013, 07:48 PM
i got the same impression..

was hoping for some more dmg but somehow it now drains much more so in the end it seems like less dmg than without faw.. dont really see the reason for that.. as if cruiser/beams had a problem with dealing to much dmg^^

i like that mods now work with it but whatever was changed with it thats causing this extra drain pls change that part back ..
Career Officer
# 29
04-04-2013, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursusmorologus View Post
You said that before in the Bug section, but called it a true shot. So, I shall repeat, you still had a drain with a missed shot as you would have had with a real/true shot. You don't get weapon power back because you missed a shot.

The same beams that use FAW against a single target do not bottom out in weapon power, only when those same beams are used against multiple targets. The more targets FAW is used against, the more drain you get. The beams are firing the same amount of times against the single target as they are against multiple targets, the drain should be the same.

FAW is now adding extra drain per target.

It didn't do this before the patch, and shouldn't be doing it after the patch.
Captain
# 30
04-04-2013, 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
The same beams that use FAW against a single target do not bottom out in weapon power, only when those same beams are used against multiple targets. The more targets FAW is used against, the more drain you get.
As I have observed it, if you have 2 targets you stay above 125, if you have 3 you start dipping below 100 on some hits, and if you have 4 you start running low power.

But damage against 2-3 targets seems to be much better. So when you start dipping into low power of course the beams do less damage because beams need power. So keep to 2-3 targets and you burn them up, fire at a whole lot of targets and power goes through the floor and takes damage with it.

Maybe its bugged, I dunno, but it seems to be working like I would expect it to. It always felt weirdly artificial to me before.