Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Empire Veteran
# 41
04-04-2013, 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursusmorologus View Post
similar changes to CRF and CSV would be 100% appropriate. If BO and BFaW are going to take increased drain, then cannons should too.
Doubtful it will be needed. This most likely is a bug or unintended effect.
He who laughs last thinks slowest.
Captain
# 42
04-04-2013, 07:29 PM
borticus is posting in other threads declaring it a bug with a fix already done, so yeah
Lt. Commander
# 43
04-04-2013, 07:35 PM
Looks like this was a bug related to the BFAW fix that was applied to Holodeck today. Borticus has posted that it is a bug and a fix has been checked in.
Vice Admiral Elaron, USS Sky Road
Career Officer
# 44
04-04-2013, 07:42 PM
Quote:
As I have observed it, if you have 2 targets you stay above 125, if you have 3 you start dipping below 100 on some hits, and if you have 4 you start running low power.

But damage against 2-3 targets seems to be much better. So when you start dipping into low power of course the beams do less damage because beams need power. So keep to 2-3 targets and you burn them up, fire at a whole lot of targets and power goes through the floor and takes damage with it.

Maybe its bugged, I dunno, but it seems to be working like I would expect it to. It always felt weirdly artificial to me before.
I fully expect a drain when using FAW. The point you are missing is that there is extra power being drained per target.

8 Beams Arrays (and this is just an example, don't try to use it to back up your claim), while under the influence of Fire at Will, fire 5 shots (each) per cycle. Each cycle last for 5 seconds. Fire at Will lasts for 10 seconds, allowing for 2 cycles; and a total number of shots 80 shots. Each of those shots have a weapon power drain (and let's not get into how much weapon drain per shot, as it is really unknown). The total weapon power drain would be the same for those 80 shots if there was one target or 100. But that's not the case after today's patch.

For a perfect spot to test, take a Fed ship into Cardassian mission, "The Other Side." Get to the part where you just entered the Mirror Universe. Instead of following the mission and going after the ships in drydock; go into the huge battle and use Fire at Will there and say good bye to your weapon power.
Captain
# 45
04-04-2013, 07:44 PM
Bort acknowledged the excessive drain and a fix has been "checked-in."

(I have no idea what "checked-in" means though)
The first we heard of getting new PvP maps "soon" was in August of 2010. We're consistently told something will be coming with the "next" update. Absolutely nothing has come to PvP since launch.

I think it's finally time Cryptic stopped stringing us along, don't you?
Rihannsu
# 46
04-04-2013, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Working correctly, IMO. Each beam in the BFaW is a real shot now, and you pay for a real shot now too. Keep the target list down to 2 or 3 and it will burn them up.
First of all, wrong. Even a second target maxes out the number of beams, since BFaW simply doubles them.

Second, considering beams end up being inefficient when you add the 6th or 7th one already, there's no point in a power that massively ups drain by making them count as additional weapons.

Plus, I don't see Cannon: Scatter Volley getting this treatment, nor Rapid Fire.

BO drain makes some sense because it allows a massive, focused strike with only a single beam needed. You can get essentially 9x normal damage with max beam BO, which is obviously a lot. BFaW already suffers from the fact that the beams get split randomly between targets (which is intended), no need for a second drawback.

Either it's a bug, or horrible, horrible design. I vote "bug."

Last edited by voxinvictus; 04-04-2013 at 07:57 PM.
Captain
# 47
04-04-2013, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by praxi5 View Post
Bort acknowledged the excessive drain and a fix has been "checked-in."

(I have no idea what "checked-in" means though)
I think it means "this stuff has green light to go in a patch"
Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Captain
# 48
04-04-2013, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sohtoh View Post
Each of those shots have a weapon power drain (and let's not get into how much weapon drain per shot, as it is really unknown). The total weapon power drain would be the same for those 80 shots if there was one target or 100.
Well my theory is that each target gets its own shot now (is how they fixed the calculations for damage and accuracy and whatnot). Start with a 3x DBB and one target, there is 3x shots per pulse. Add another target in front, and there ix now 6x shots because you have 3x2. A third becomes 9, and so forth. This reflects the way power is being consumed--each discrete targets gets its own beam that uses its own power.

With regular beam arrays, you only see this if all the targets are in the same arc, like in the same broadside window. When you are spraying at 10 targets, some of them are in the forward arc, some are in the rear, some are in the broadside, etc.

I suspect the bug is that they forgot to cancel the extra energy consumed. Doesnt seem like a bug to me, seems like cannons should work the same way and people ought to play by some kind of logical game model. But I'm happy to be ignored on that too.
Captain
# 49
04-05-2013, 01:00 AM
Can we get this hot-fixed or do I have to leave my AC in the hangar until next thursday? For many missions only shooting at 3 targets at once is simply not a solution (SB24...).

Btw this WAS brought up on Tribble before going live, once again no one actually read the feedback. Granted it might have been buried a bit under Trait/Warp Core posts, but isn't it your JOB to read ALL the testing feedback?
Starfleet Veteran
# 50
04-05-2013, 01:11 AM
yea you guys sure messed faw up pretty good. also whatever changes you made to the tholian captain.. well you screwed him up to, he now fires his 1 shot kill weapon every 3 seconds it seems like and he has a cloaking device as well.... really?????