Community Moderator
# 21
04-05-2013, 10:33 AM
I've said it on Twitter, but it's worth reiterating.

LaFamilia stand available to offer you access to anything you need in the mean time while you rebuild, pop me an in game tell if you'd like to discuss starbase access, or even help with some project resources as I know that it can be a tough run.

Glad to see you're not taking it laying down.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-05-2013, 02:13 PM
Elite Defense Starfleet are here for you also, this is truly terrible...

If you could pass on the full name and details of the account who stole your SB... Heres an idea, get someone to join the old fleet and get up the ranks, I know it will take time however as soon as they make founder, get them to demote the dickhead who has ruined this game for you...

HOWEVER NAME AND SHAME if I see him I will without a doubt take my own action against him.... And it will not be nice for him or her at all...

CYPTIC should take control of this and sort it out, this is not good for the community as a whole for people to be able to do this and get away with it, with CRAPTIC not doing a thing...

CRAPTIC I AM DISGUSTED IN YOU THE WAY YOU DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE PEOPLE HERE WHO MAKE YOU MONEY...

SORT IT OUT NOW!

www.EliteDefenseStarfleet.com
Best fleet in Star Trek Online...
We even have our own merchandise!!! Come join us today...
www.cafepress.com/elitedefensestarfleet
Career Officer
It is a tough thing to swallow, having the fleets one has been entrusted with taken over. Months of work, real money from many people were lost in the event and as the Fleet Leader; I take complete and ultimate responsibility.

The lessons learned have been put into place, there are now just three Fleet Leaders for the reborn fleets of Caspian Rising and Gates of Sto'vo'kor.
As for the support for the community, it has been overwhelming and the fleet members are grateful too. We are going to be at Tier 1 in a week from just how quick the projects are going, in both the Star Base and Embassy.

Will this make up for what we have lost? No, but we as a Fleet have come together and the childish actions of a coward has not and will never break the spirit of Caspian Division and it's members.
I was humbled to see the sheer number of people on our Ventrilo server which is a 50 man. I and another Fleet member will be upgrading it to a 100 man server next week as old members are returning to Star Trek Online to aid in rebuilding are coming back on; and as other fleets who are lending support are utilizing the communications system we have.

I want to stress that we will work towards creating, developing and implementing safety features in the Fleet system; that will prevent such an occurrence again from happening when a coward; who felt slighted went on a rampage. Cryptic has been understanding, and we are together working for a solution to this event.

Where do we stand now in terms of fleet materials and what not.

I had several "Oh My God" moments, as fleets came to us volunteering aid. We have used funds donated already to help get crucial projects going. Some which need dilithium of course we will cross that expanse of stars when we come to those and do our best. That is what Caspian Rising and Gates of Sto'vo'kor WILL DO!

You can rest assured that if ANY fleet needs help; Caspian will respond accordingly. Material, EC, and yes even dilithium; even if it means every member will be mining the asteroids dry, we will give as much as we have received from the community back to it and the fleet that is in trouble.

What can be done now?

It is time for a safety check of your members. Have them change their passwords, NOW! Perfect World's Password system allows for a 14 character password of any type. Any character, letter, number etc., ~!@#$%^&*()_+|}{[]":?><,.

You get the picture.

Use a random generator password on the web. Most are free, don't need to be downloaded and you can copy and paste the results to a notepad for saving. Do not share or otherwise use the same password for another site. It is for your benefit too. Make it hard to crack and if by chance you forget it, use the reset system and create another hard to crack password.

Again thanks to all Star Trek Online fleets who have come to our aid. It will not be forgotten and as for the cowardly act... Chuckle... Nice try, and have a nice day.

Ballermaris
Ballermaris

www.caspian-division.com
Rihannsu
# 24
04-06-2013, 04:01 AM
The Imperial Romulan Strike Force is here for you also. *Waves to Terr* If there is anything you need, please don't hesitate to ask. We are complete T3 and halfway to T2 on our embassy, but we would be honored to lend a hand if there is anything you need. Send an in-game mail to @Ael if you need anything or just want some people to run with.

We've got your back!
Captain
# 25
04-06-2013, 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkryder View Post
Elite Defense Starfleet are here for you also, this is truly terrible...

If you could pass on the full name and details of the account who stole your SB... Heres an idea, get someone to join the old fleet and get up the ranks, I know it will take time however as soon as they make founder, get them to demote the dickhead who has ruined this game for you...

HOWEVER NAME AND SHAME if I see him I will without a doubt take my own action against him.... And it will not be nice for him or her at all...

CYPTIC should take control of this and sort it out, this is not good for the community as a whole for people to be able to do this and get away with it, with CRAPTIC not doing a thing...

CRAPTIC I AM DISGUSTED IN YOU THE WAY YOU DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE PEOPLE HERE WHO MAKE YOU MONEY...

SORT IT OUT NOW!
Agreed Kirk. While I do not condone griefing when someone has broken the T&Cs to steal a fleet and was only allowed to do so because of a breach in data protection I think griefing the player is justified to some extent. This person has done a terrible thing and it wasn't even done through any leaders knowledge or permission. Most of EDS are talking about this and will be helping if they can.

To Cryptic. If this person was allowed access to the leaders account due to a laps in your security protocols, you should do everything in your power to sort it out. If this happened in my work life I would lose my job, have a fine stretching into hundreds of thousands of pounds and most likely a prison sentence.

If this is how you treat your player base then they will walk.
Empire Veteran
# 26
04-06-2013, 05:16 AM
As you are rebuilding ... If your players need access to anything, let us know over at boq botlhra'ghom (Alliance Central Command) as we stand ready to asssit.

Our KDF starbase is Tier III with us closing in on Tier IV. In fact, we will have our Tier IV shipyard unlocked within the next week.

Also know that we are hoping that Cryptic does the honorable thing and finds a way to restore to you all that was originally yours by right of sweat and determination.

Qapla'

A HUGE thank you to Cryptic for the Mogh-class battle cruiser!
Career Officer
Vengeance, hatred, anger. Yes I felt it, and personally had opportunity presented itself and I could walk up to the door of the person responsible, knock on it and when it opened delivering a punch to the face of that individual responsible; I would have enjoyed the moment, "Yeah that was for Caspian... Where is our Star Bases and Embassies?"

But I cannot and will not go that road. Instead, I want the community of what is now Caspian Rising and Gates of Sto'vo'kor to focus on rebuilding and renewing friendships. We will let those who will do the punishing do their proper jobs while we turn our attention to getting upright and healed.

I ask the Star Trek Online Community to do the same as well, as this is about enjoying the varied stories, finding the neat stuff and flying our ships among the stars and exploring the varied and wild landscapes created for our enjoyments.

I reiterate that Caspian Rising formally Caspian Division will not let the actions of a coward, who hides among the subterfuge of proxies to ruin the experience of the players. I liken this to our "Pearl Harbor", you may have destroyed the virtual existence of our base and embassy; but one cannot destroy the spirits of those who are members.

I ask the community to come together as a whole, this event has proven we can. It matters not whether we live in the United States, Canada, Great Britain, Germany, France, Australia, and yes even the reaches of Far Asia and the Middle East we can overcome together.

There is a quote that I like to think about when things like this happens and it is related to the attack on the United States Naval Base in Pearl Harbor, Hawaii on December 7, 1941.

"I am afraid we have woken a sleeping giant..." - Japanese Imperial Naval Commander Yamamoto.

Yamamoto's prophetic statement came true later in 1942, when he died. The United States, while recovering did find the man behind the attack and he died under the canons of a P-38 Lockheed Lightning Fighter in the skies of New Guinea.

The attack has woken a sleeping giant, and in itself caused a rude but I think required awakening in the community of Star Trek Online to review and check your security of your accounts.
Have inactive members in position where one could do harm? Demote. The settings for overall control of the Fleet are they set correctly? Some when set incorrectly could give a lower ranked member tremendous power and cause another Pearl Harbor.

I will let those who are taking care of things, do their jobs without any interference. Cryptic and PWE are working diligently, and bashing them is not something I or members of Caspian Rising want to see; so please lay off them. We discovered the barn door open too late and stuff went out the door and it is a harsh lessoned learned but we are all human and we learn from mistakes and the mistakes of others. I ask the community to do the same as well.

Again thank you all for the support you have shown. It is heartfelt and will be remembered and that we will pay it back.

Thank you.
Ballermaris

www.caspian-division.com
Career Officer
# 28
04-06-2013, 08:26 AM
On behalf of the Knights Templar Fleet, I'd like to extend our condolences and to say if there is anything that you may need to help; DOFFs, resources, etc., to please send an in-game PM to any Knights Templar/Knights of Sto'vo'kor member or a forum mail to myself. We stand ready to assist in any way possible.

I'd also like to observe that it is a good thing to advertize this news as it shines a light on a gaping hole in security that Cryptic does not address. Therefore it falls upon us to try our best to protect all our hard work and to support each other.
Rihannsu
# 29
04-06-2013, 04:37 PM
We will never stop.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samir Bennal, Captain of the Onyxhammer
Rule of Acquisition #113: Always have sex with the boss.
I am one of the many victims from the hijacked Caspian Division.
I will not let the childish acts of a criminal ruin this game for me.
Ensign
# 30
04-07-2013, 06:42 AM
I would just like to second Dru on this. The knights Templar and the Knights of Sto'vo'kor stand ready to assist.