Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Career Officer
Apparently, images leaked from the next WoW patch of J.J. Abrams' Bad Robot mascot as a new pet in WoW. The patch will likely be deployed before STID.

This isn't something that looks like a parody or homage. It's THE Bad Robot mascot with a cup of slusho on his back.

Now, Abrams is producing and directing Star Wars and Star Trek but is also producing Half-Life. And Portal. And Samurai Jack. And is being rumored for WoW now.

At a certain point, that sure seems like a lot of potential crossed wires in cross promotion.
Captain
# 2
04-07-2013, 08:13 PM
Pics or GTFO.

This sounds to ludicrous to be real.......
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Career Officer
# 3
04-07-2013, 08:18 PM
Quote:
JJ Abrams
Quote:
Samurai Jack
******nit.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
04-07-2013, 08:22 PM
What sane person would even try to work on all these different games and TV series at the same time? Every one of them is a major title and all that would be needed to end a career is one screw up on any one of them.

I think JJ has just gone bat freaking crazy. Best possible explanation.
Captain
# 5
04-07-2013, 08:54 PM
As long as it is that Bad Robot logo which can't really pinned on the new Star Trek movie, then it doesn't matter. Probably for a future announcement that Abrams is doing a WoW movie. If the Enterprise was put into WoW, then there would be a really huge problem.
Career Officer
# 6
04-07-2013, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamiyama317 View Post
I think JJ has just gone bat freaking crazy. Best possible explanation.
Duh. Did you see the last season of Lost?

Seriously though, just because Bad Robot has production rights doesn't mean that JJ Abrams himself personally is getting involved in every single project.

"Freedom is just a pretty idea unless it's backed by Force."

The Masterverse Timeline / Ten Forward Fanfics
Career Officer
Captain
# 8
04-08-2013, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sander233 View Post
Duh. Did you see the last season of Lost?
I saw the first and last episode, does that count? (I don't believe I missed anything really )

Quote:
Originally Posted by sander233 View Post
Seriously though, just because Bad Robot has production rights doesn't mean that JJ Abrams himself personally is getting involved in every single project.
True, maybe he'll do a Spielberg and just stick his nose in the door nothing more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
Lol wut.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Career Officer
# 9
04-08-2013, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
I saw the first and last episode, does that count? (I don't believe I missed anything really )
You didn't.
Captain Kirk is climbing a mountain. Why is he climbing a mountain? Is he learning to fly?
Captain
# 10
04-08-2013, 01:45 PM
I do wish STO had robots in it...
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR