Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lieutenant
"The Cooldown on Photonic Shockwave Torpedo can no longer be reduced using Photonic Studies duty officer abilities."

This was the last reason worth equipping shockwaves, barely. Another console to the trash heap!
Captain
# 2
04-04-2013, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by philipag View Post
"The Cooldown on Photonic Shockwave Torpedo can no longer be reduced using Photonic Studies duty officer abilities."

This was the last reason worth equipping shockwaves, barely. Another console to the trash heap!
Are you talking about the console or the Boff ability? The boff ability still has its uses or did you miss the thread complaining about PSW?

The console should have its timer reduced now.
[Zone] Dack@****: cowards can't take a fed 1 on 1 crinckley cowards Hahahaha you smell like flowers
Random Quote from Kerrat
"Sumlobus@****: your mums eat Iced Targ Poo"
C&H Fed banter
Lieutenant
# 3
04-04-2013, 12:47 PM
Both. It was barely passable as a BO ability combined with the console and 3 photonic doffs.

Waste of space now.
Captain
# 4
04-04-2013, 01:08 PM
Misguided topic. Photonic shockwave torpedo is now working as intended as a torpedo, not a shockwave.
Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
Empire Veteran
# 5
04-04-2013, 01:31 PM
pretty sure ES breaking and stunning someone getting alpha'ed is pretty damn useful
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
04-04-2013, 01:40 PM
Shockwave knocks the blazes out of Tholian fighters
keep it for that at least
Captain
# 7
04-04-2013, 01:45 PM
Personally, like I said in the other thread on it, I would have been happier if they had just put in a GCD on the Nadeon console so that it couldn't be reduced below a certain amount.
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Captain
# 8
04-04-2013, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by philipag View Post

I don't know what I'd do without my shockwave, to be honest. I still find it immensely helpful.

@gradstudent1
PvP Boot Camp Project Leader Emeritus
Career Officer
# 9
04-04-2013, 02:13 PM
I too find shockwave useful.

Especially when surrounded by fighters and drones.
Ensign
# 10
04-04-2013, 02:42 PM
I just used Photonic Shockwave to great effect in Ker'rat. As it stood, the console paired with duty officers was incredibly powerful. You need to learn how and when to use it for it to be effective. It's not something you hit when it comes off of cooldown. If you've "learned" when and how to use and it still doesn't feel powerful, you're still not using it right.