Captain
(after much feedback - the Title should be: "Fleet leaders 'should' boycott allied fleet ship construction from Romulan Players if Cryptic doesn't!" Problem is that is so long - so i put this feedback right at the top)

In principle no fleet should produce their normal fleet ships + exclusive Romulan ships for Romulan Characters. This policy is completely unfair. Can fleet leaders do something about this unjust policy? Only produce Romulan fleet ships for Romulan players is the answer if Cryptic does not change it.

If Cryptic is going to say that some people in your fleet get Fed/KDF fleet ships + "exclusive" Romulan fleet ships - then you as a fleet leader should be saying -NO

Everyone in the fleet deserves equal access to gear/ships - one group should not have access to 2 sets of gear/ships.

It's my suggestion to fleet leaders who see that what is availible in the base -" Should be availible to everyone" - and if Cryptic won't enforce this basic fleet princple - then they will.

There is no basis for this that Cryptic has justified. They said they were doing this so that people would have access to stuff they already purchased.

Well Fleet ships are character only - so you could not have purchased it and use it for you Romulan character.

A principle in fleets must be upheld - fairness and equal access to all members in good standing and of equal rank.

I certainly hope Cryptic does not allow 1 faction to have access to 2 sets of fleet ships. This is flat out wrong. If they do it is up to fleet leaders to take the ball and say: no member will have access to something the others do not.

And "create a Romulan toon" is not a reasonable excuse - why should someone have to create a romulan toon to get "special" "exclusive" and dual access.

Edit: All comments are welcome to help come up with an ideas to make this blatently unfair policy - modified.

All Fleet ships should be availble to ALL fleet members - PERIOD! This policy is unfair and should be explained to your fleet members:

Quote:
[Terilynn] Can you clarify how ships will be able to be used? Will Federation/KDF players be able to fly Romulan vessels? Will Romulan players be able to fly KDF or Starfleet ships?

[dStahl] This is where Romulan Republic captains have an advantage. Not only can they pilot their exclusive Warbird class ships with singularity cores, but they also gain the ability to command ships of their ally, much like Kira Nerys would command the Defiant while still wearing her Bajoran Militia uniform.

Romulans also gain access to the Fleet Ships of their chosen ally as well as any Romulan Republic only Fleet ships. They can also fly any limited edition lock box ship as well.

One potential disadvantage to commanding an allies' ship is that Romulan Captains have a unique species space trait called subterfuge which provides a bonus to cloak and decloak ambush damage. If a Romulan is flying a ship without cloak, they are not getting the most out of their trait.

To clarify, this alliance does not extend in reverse. FED and KDF captains will not be allowed to command Warbirds. The deal that D’Tan makes with these factions when New Romulus is established is for Romulan technology (via the Reputation System) but that doesn’t extend to Republic ships.

Last edited by born2bwild1; 04-07-2013 at 02:53 AM.
Captain
# 2
04-06-2013, 09:04 PM
Romulan ships are exclusive for Romulan characters so if Fleet leaders want to boycott Romulan ships, then they need to boycott Romulans. Personally, I won't ever touch Fed or KDF ships with my Romulan provided Romulan Ships are cool enough, but Romulan players should have the option to boycott Fed and KDF ships if they want.

As far as not allowing Fleet Warbirds, then that is pure discrimination and something that can't be controlled by a Fleet Leader if they have Romulan members.
Republic Veteran
# 3
04-06-2013, 09:14 PM
Plenty of small fleets out there who will welcome any Romulan turned away from a fleet who did not want them, I don't see small fleets desperate for players turning anyone away to prove a point.

Cryptic keeps making something signature worthy almost everyday now, I 'm taking a break
Captain
# 4
04-06-2013, 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
Romulan ships are exclusive for Romulan characters so if Fleet leaders want to boycott Romulan ships, then they need to boycott Romulans. Personally, I won't ever touch Fed or KDF ships with my Romulan provided Romulan Ships are cool enough, but Romulan players should have the option to boycott Fed and KDF ships if they want.

As far as not allowing Fleet Warbirds, then that is pure discrimination and something that can't be controlled by a Fleet Leader if they have Romulan members.
you missed the point:

no player should have access to exclusive fleet ships AND fleet ships of their choosen ally.

This is an extremely unfair and unbalanced Idea.

fleets should produce "fleet ships" only for the faction

Ie a Fed fleet could produce fed fleet ships for Fed characters - or romulan fleet ships for Romulan characters.

why should Romulan character have access to Romulan fleet ships AND Fed fleet ships?

Why the special status?

If the fleet can produce something it MUST be availible for ALL members of the fleet - this is a pretty standard principle that fleets go by.
Captain
# 5
04-06-2013, 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
Plenty of small fleets out there who will welcome any Romulan turned away from a fleet who did not want them, I don't see small fleets desperate for players turning anyone away to prove a point.
as I said they are welcome to Romulan fleet ships. If the want Fed or Kdf fleet ships - "roll a Fed or Kdf toon"

No special status for Romulans.
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
04-06-2013, 09:35 PM
Your suggestion means Romulan players would not have access to any fleet level ship then - so no thanks. Our KDF and FED fleets will support our Romulan Alts.
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net
Rihannsu
# 7
04-06-2013, 09:40 PM
It looks like the OP got confused and posted a message meant for his own fleet on their own message boards to the general Star Trek Discussion forum.

Because obviously it would be pretty pointless to try to tell every one else what they should do with their fleet.

If my own fleet's leaders tried this kind of lame brain tactic, it would just drive lots of active players to look for a better run fleet. Of course, the leaders of my fleet aren't lame brains, so that's not much of a concern.
Captain
# 8
04-06-2013, 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr View Post
Your suggestion means Romulan players would not have access to any fleet level ship then - so no thanks. Our KDF and FED fleets will support our Romulan Alts.
Why should Romulan players have dual access and Fed/Kdf players don't?
Republic Veteran
# 9
04-06-2013, 09:42 PM
That is a bit harsh, alot of fleets already have restrictions on ships already. Dont boycott the roms, let them have their fleet ships.
Empire Veteran
# 10
04-06-2013, 09:42 PM
Oh, the humanity.
Closed Thread