Republic Veteran
# 111
04-05-2013, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
Where's the Griffin ?
In the Activision Vaults. Sadly it seems Cryptic's license with CBS doesn't give them access to the ships used in other games.

Would have loved to see some of the Armada ships fleshed out with better models.
Rihannsu
# 112
04-05-2013, 03:32 PM
Seriously!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
Buahahahahaha

Where's the Griffin ?
Like the Romulan Alliance System? Of course you do, it sounds fine to you because you aren't Romulans, you're FED or KDF who are going to make a Romulan alt, it makes a HUGE difference in perspective.
Lt. Commander
# 113
04-05-2013, 03:50 PM
I bet there only one ship for free per tied and all other of same tied be choose of C-store ship (price tag at $25 even if it should be $10 ) or use one your Ally ship at the level. Reason for this PWE force Cryptic to do this as PWE doesn't give a damn about this game only how to get money.

If this not the case tell us and show use proof .I for one well use the $80 to buy Zen if you can.
Empire Veteran
# 114
04-05-2013, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
Well from what I understood, every ship from this blog will have her T5 variant.
And that also not all availible ships for the Romulans are portrayed in this blog. I for one am still looking forward for the Valdore from the LoR website that was not portrayed in this blog.
Also looks like we're going to get more options:
My concern was related to the lack of free ships of each class. None of my char is flying one (except the level 10 one i never play), but i have a lot of F2P friends who buy ships very rarely and need time to do that, so most of them will pick the fat whale with no turnrate, even if they play tac or sci. The lack of such basic free option is a bit disheartening. I mean, I myself pay when i enjoy a game, not when i feel forced to. That's why i'm a lifer.

I already have my fleet ship modules, 2.5k zen and most of the low level kdf ships unlocked, but If my only option when i started playing STO had been a T5 ship like this one (I anticipate something like a voquv with no pets) i think i wouldn't be there anymore. Being forced to fly a crappy ship makes a crappy game experience. And I fear some of the silver guys i enjoy playing with will just scrap playing the LoR expansion for this very reason. I could be wrong but i heard their skepticism on our fleet TS.
Starfleet Veteran
# 115
04-05-2013, 03:58 PM
so from the sound of this dev blog, Romulans will have the choice of one ship at each level. Man that's even worse than the Klingons had it. We at least had some choices at each level even if we couldn't change how it looked.
STOP THE
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
We planned on doing it next weekend, but then we saw your post and were like, "Dude, we should totally move that up a week! Tee Hee!"
Commander
# 116
04-05-2013, 03:59 PM
So Romulans are getting ships that cloak and don't turn well. Why is everyone surprised? Its good news that Cryptic has a theme for the pseudo factions ships. If you didn't see lack of ships coming when they announced the alliance system, well I just don't know what to say.

What I want is more details on the

1)Singularity Core
2)Romulan cloak being the same as KDF cloak or different
3)weapons for Romulans.

No one seems to notice that in game Romulan reputation system hands out plasma energy weapons, yet the blog clearly states that Romulans use disruptors and plasma weaponry. The current Romulan 3 piece set is subpar. I'm still holding out hope that Romulans can use much improved plasma torpedos, because immersion kinda requires that Romulans dont decloak and hit people with quantums or cannons. A decloaking beam boat is laughable and with global torp CD, how is anyone going to fear Warbirds without cannons.
Lt. Commander
# 117
04-05-2013, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam062307 View Post
so from the sound of this dev blog, Romulans will have the choice of one ship at each level. Man that's even worse than the Klingons had it. We at least had some choices at each level even if we couldn't change how it looked.
Plus the klingons have their own faction.
Republic Veteran
# 118
04-05-2013, 04:02 PM
If you think Cryptic put the ally system to make money off ships people already paid for...you have not been paying attention on how they make money....from what I'm seeing there will be a lot more C store Romulan ships coming than free.

There are ships missing from the list that are in Tribble like the T'varo light warbird...Aka Enterprise BOP.

Paid for by the down with Bajor Party

Last edited by neoakiraii; 04-05-2013 at 04:07 PM.
Career Officer
# 119
04-05-2013, 04:12 PM
Are we going to have Veteran and Lifetime rewards from the off with the Romulans, Like uniforms, Ships and everything else you get with the other factions?
Captain
# 120
04-05-2013, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedvaccine View Post
Are we going to have Veteran and Lifetime rewards from the off with the Romulans, Like uniforms, Ships and everything else you get with the other factions?
Not sure about "from the off". As I understand it, they are talking about Vet/lifer rewards, but nothing concrete has been said/decided. My guess is some things might be slightly after launch (like Liberated Borg Romulans), but probably nothing at launch.