Career Officer
# 121
04-05-2013, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
Interesting read, this glaringly terrifying tidbit caught my eye.
Romulan ships tend to be large and heavy, making them somewhat slower and less maneuverable than comparable Federation and Klingon Defense Force ships. The iconic D?deridex, for example, is larger and more resilient than the Galaxy ? but considerably slower as a result.

Slower than a Galaxy...

Do you guys not read the constant and ever present complaints about low turn rates and how awful it is in every aspect of this game?

Or how about the universally agreed upon fact that KDF Battle cruisers almost totally outclass Fed cruisers due to massively better turn rates? At some point you guys need to come to grips with the fact that a few thousand extra hull is not nearly as big a boost as you seem to think it is.

If you really want the Romulan faction to be profitable, you're going to need a better product to sell than "slower than a Galaxy".

I really hope that this blog is just fluffly flavor text.
This really can't be emphasized enough.
# 122
04-05-2013, 03:40 PM
Someone please tell me the paint job on the bottom of the T'liss Light Warbird (Tier 1) is a joke. That is just horrible.
Captain
# 123
04-05-2013, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saedeith View Post
Someone please tell me the paint job on the bottom of the T'liss Light Warbird (Tier 1) is a joke. That is just horrible.
That is called Star Trek the Original Series. The Romulans painted birds on their ships' undersides there.
Career Officer
# 124
04-05-2013, 03:46 PM
Quote:
What's wrong with it? It's pretty much the same as it was in the show.
---------------------------------------------------
U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-91771 - Nebula-class
Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
Dedication Plaque: "Leave nothing unattempted" - James Cook
Republic Veteran
# 125
04-05-2013, 03:50 PM
Quote:
I know it looks like it compared to the others but that's actually pretty accurate, bare in mind it's from tos. not tng or any time after.
Career Officer
# 126
04-05-2013, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedvaccine View Post
Are we going to have Veteran and Lifetime rewards from the off with the Romulans, Like uniforms, Ships and everything else you get with the other factions?
The only thing I've seen from Dan was they are hashing out what the veteran/sub awards will be... which is also why we haven't heard about a definite answer on liberated borg rommies yet. I would guess there will be a 1000 day vet ship like each of the other factions for tier 5... but I don't even use those ships now.
Captain
# 127
04-05-2013, 03:54 PM
Quote:
"Star Trek" Wiki Link: 23rd Century Romulan Bird of Prey

"Star Trek" Freedom Wiki Link: List of Romulan Ships

Last edited by linyive; 04-05-2013 at 04:05 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 128
04-05-2013, 03:55 PM
Its Hard canon
Captain
# 129
04-05-2013, 03:56 PM
Looks good, I'm looking forward to them. It don't matter to me being limited on the ships. As I won't be using my Romulan in a Fed or KDF ship anyways. There is only a couple ships I will be using on my Romulan anyways. Like the Mogai and D?deridex is the main ones I really want. And maybe the small one that is "BOP"
Career Officer
# 130
04-05-2013, 04:06 PM
I just hope there is alot more to pick from then just those. Iam guessing theres going to be a few cstore versions

Very nice ships though, mogai is my fav thus far.
Like my Fan Page Here
xXLocutusXx