Lt. Commander
# 41
04-05-2013, 12:38 PM
$10 says they took the jem'hadar dreadnought, reskinned it, called it a ha'apax, then called it a day.
twitter - tehjonel
Survivor of Romulus
# 42
04-05-2013, 12:39 PM
Hello, Cryptic Studios? Can I speak with BranFlakes, please?

Yes, Brandon, I want to make a reservation for a Tier 5 D'Deridex warbird for May 21. And while you're at it, throw in that Tier 5 Valdore or whatever you're calling the ship that you posted a concept art of on the 'Legacy of Romulus' website so I don't have to call again!

And please equip both ships' crew quarters with TOS uniforms if they are availible. The payment will be in cold hard Zen.
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Career Officer
# 43
04-05-2013, 12:40 PM
VERY COOL!

I'm wondering if we'll be getting any Reman starships as well? Maybe the Ha'apax is the proper Romulan counterpart to the Scimitar?

Oh & what happened to the awesome concept from the teaser site? Is that an alternate skin for a Mogai?

VERY EXCITED!
Captain
# 44
04-05-2013, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehjonel View Post
$10 says they took the jem'hadar dreadnought, reskinned it, called it a ha'apax, then called it a day.
This is how video game design has worked for more or less 30 years. Why wouldn't they?
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Republic Veteran
# 45
04-05-2013, 12:46 PM
perhaps the scimitar will be the odyssey/bort equivalent? but the ships are looking very good!!!
Cryptic Studios Team
# 46
04-05-2013, 12:47 PM
As Brandon already noted, we'll definitely have more ships than the ones that are listed in the blog right now. There will be free ships, Dilithium ships, and ZEN ships available.

Additionally, we'll have more dev blogs - including discussing more stats - as we get closer to launch.
Republic Veteran
# 47
04-05-2013, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by archoncryptic View Post
As Brandon already noted, we'll definitely have more ships than the ones that are listed in the blog right now. There will be free ships, Dilithium ships, and ZEN ships available.

Additionally, we'll have more dev blogs - including discussing more stats - as we get closer to launch.
So, the ships in the dev blog are only a sample of the ships that will be made available? or are those the "main" 5 ships that you can fly as you level your Romulan character?
Career Officer
# 48
Oh sweet!

Hmm, is that all there is for the free ships? Eh...I mean I can understand needing to drive sales in the C-Store (Cryptic being a business and all that), but I personally think there should be some more free ships available. Not a whole gang of them...just a bit more variety would be cool.

Edit:

Quote:

Oh you're too fast for me. Disregard what I wrote above. My bad.

-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009
Career Officer
# 49
Quote:

Just to be clear...are the ships in this blog entry all the free ships or are there more free ships, the key word being free.

It's not like I won't spend money anyway, but having the same flavor of ship in each tier would be nice (cruisers from T1 to T5... etc.)
Only Internet users deal in absolutes !
Cryptic Studios Team
# 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by suaveks View Post
Does this mean no Romulan Fleet ships?

(I hope so... I wouldn't want to see Fleet D'deridex requiring T5 shipyard...)
We are planning to have Romulan Fleet ships. Details TBA.