Commander
# 1 Best Space set for Escourts.
04-10-2013, 11:53 AM
I am someone that made it a point to collect every space set in the Game at XII on my Fed toon and also have all the Elite Shields/Deflector/Eng. I fly a Bug, Andorian Escourt (Tac), Fleet MVAE, Fleet Patrol, Breen, Temp destroyer, pretty much every escourt from time to time and have tested the Omega, Maco and Adaptive Maco, Borg, Romulan and Reman and Breen, Jem Haddar and Aegis and the Fleet Elite space gear. In an Escourt I seem to keep comming back to the Borg XII set with the Borg Console and Cutting beam. The hull regen and the shield regen is amazing and the Tractor beam/Cutting beam combo is very nice as well. This set makes the ship almost heal itself. One trick i learned with high Regen shields is to put the Rotate Shields on a hot hey so my shields are always balanced. If any other Tac/Escourt captians have found something that works very well for them post your favorite Space set here and why.
Captain
# 2
04-10-2013, 12:04 PM
I prefer:
- Advanced Fleet Hyper-Impulse Engines MK XII [turn]x3 [spd]
- Advanced Fleet Positron Deflector Dish (with Starship Maneuvers) or the MACO MK XII Deflector Dish (a little more tankier)
- Elite Fleet Resilient Shields

I may give the Elite Axiom Deflector Dish another try, when I get some more Superior Subterfuge BOFFs.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-10-2013, 12:53 PM
For pve stick with Borg set.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
04-10-2013, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vesolc View Post
For pve stick with Borg set.
Agreed... full matching Borg set plus rear mounted Cutting Beam + Borg Assimilated Console. The latter adds additional kinetic damage to the Borg Tractor Beam and the Omega Weapon Amplifier proc to all (energy) weapons present.
Career Officer
# 5
04-10-2013, 04:48 PM
For PVE? Omega deflector and engines, for tetryon glider. Then either the MACO shields or the ResB Elite fleet shields. Pretty simple really. The extra damage adds up, especially with high flow capacitors, and you only need the borg set if the rest of your build is bad and you die a lot.