Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 211
# 1 How to get ?
04-07-2013, 10:37 AM
Hi guys, i have a very important question:

How to get Mk XII Purple consoles ?
it's about 1 year i'am playing this game, i played all space STFs arenas, but i never found one of them: why ?

have I to search them in other places ?
Commander
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 289
# 2
04-07-2013, 10:46 AM
You have to craft them with strange alien artifacts and your Doffs
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,417
# 3
04-07-2013, 10:51 AM
There is the ship assignment where you convert strange artifacts to powered artifacts to consoles. It takes 3 assignments to get the console or you can bypass some by using the exchange. There is the experimental console assignment. Can purchase threat-scaling consoles through the exchange. The last place is as a drop or STF reward.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 39
# 4
04-07-2013, 10:58 AM
1. Obtain a "Strange Alien Artifact" (either from exchange, costs about 750k EC atm), or by doing the Doff assignment "Negotiate Delivery Of Rare Commodities", respectively "Negotiate Additional Delivery Of Rare Commodities" (that's the repeatable), which pops up in Cardassian Space once in a while. Your toon needs to be level 40 at least to do this assignment.

2. Get 1 (One) of each Rare Particle Traces, go to your Ship and talk to your Science department heads contact, do the assignment "Infuse Artifact With Rare Particles". You will get a Powered Alien Artifact (which you also can obtain right from the exchange, costs like 1.3m EC though)

3. As soon as you have a Powered Alien Artifact, you are ready to start. Go to your Engineering department heads contact on your ship and do the Assignment "Fabricate Prototype Console". You will need some good engineering Doffs to get the best results from this assignment. When you start this assignment, you will see which critical traits are needed. As soon as you have 5 Doffs (who all have the "resolve" trait at least), you can do the assignment.

Note: the chances with engineers who have resolve plus another crit trait will be 24% (purple), 51% (blue), 24% (green).

You can, of course, also use other Doffs which just have resolve plus another crit trait, these will also give you a 24% chance to obtain a purple console BUT in this case, the chances of getting a blue one will be lower and the green chance higher. That's why engineers are recommended.

If you have any further questions about this or other assignments in general, you can also join the "DOFFJOBS" chat channel, there are many helpful people who can help you with anything.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 114
# 5
04-07-2013, 11:07 AM
1. Buy it on the exchange.
2. Craft it yourself.


Good luck!
Lieutenant
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 45
# 6
04-07-2013, 11:37 AM
Just stick with the MK XI Purples..They are MUCH cheaper and there is very small difference between them.

The crafting way is a complete waste of time and resources. I do not recommend going through that. The crafting in STO is a joke like any other MMO.

I have seen MK XII consoles drop from 1st place reward in minefield and Ive been able to sell them for stupid prices to people who most likely wear rubber helmets while watching scooby doo and slapping themselves in the face.

Bottom line OP, MK XII consoles , more specifically the tactical consoles for certain types of energy damage are a waste of resources and not even worth close to what people are asking.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 253
# 7
04-07-2013, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by casiopia254 View Post
Bottom line OP, MK XII consoles , more specifically the tactical consoles for certain types of energy damage are a waste of resources and not even worth close to what people are asking.
Actually, they are 'worth' exactly what most people are asking for them, since that's what most people are paying.

It may not be worth it to you or me to pay that much for a miniscule increase in performance, however.

To the OP, play your game on Elite settings. High end consoles of any type aren't even in the regular loot tables if you're playing on Normal. Your only chance there are the aforementioned fleet actions and doff missions.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 108
# 8
04-07-2013, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by casiopia254 View Post

I have seen MK XII consoles drop from 1st place reward in minefield and Ive been able to sell them for stupid prices to people who most likely wear rubber helmets while watching scooby doo and slapping themselves in the face.
Lol
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 211
# 9
04-07-2013, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknrobot1 View Post
1. Obtain a "Strange Alien Artifact" (either from exchange, costs about 750k EC atm), or by doing the Doff assignment "Negotiate Delivery Of Rare Commodities", respectively "Negotiate Additional Delivery Of Rare Commodities" (that's the repeatable), which pops up in Cardassian Space once in a while. Your toon needs to be level 40 at least to do this assignment.

2. Get 1 (One) of each Rare Particle Traces, go to your Ship and talk to your Science department heads contact, do the assignment "Infuse Artifact With Rare Particles". You will get a Powered Alien Artifact (which you also can obtain right from the exchange, costs like 1.3m EC though)

3. As soon as you have a Powered Alien Artifact, you are ready to start. Go to your Engineering department heads contact on your ship and do the Assignment "Fabricate Prototype Console". You will need some good engineering Doffs to get the best results from this assignment. When you start this assignment, you will see which critical traits are needed. As soon as you have 5 Doffs (who all have the "resolve" trait at least), you can do the assignment.

Note: the chances with engineers who have resolve plus another crit trait will be 24% (purple), 51% (blue), 24% (green).

You can, of course, also use other Doffs which just have resolve plus another crit trait, these will also give you a 24% chance to obtain a purple console BUT in this case, the chances of getting a blue one will be lower and the green chance higher. That's why engineers are recommended.

If you have any further questions about this or other assignments in general, you can also join the "DOFFJOBS" chat channel, there are many helpful people who can help you with anything.
understood
thank you
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 135
# 10
04-07-2013, 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknrobot1 View Post
1. Obtain a "Strange Alien Artifact" (either from exchange, costs about 750k EC atm), or by doing the Doff assignment "Negotiate Delivery Of Rare Commodities", respectively "Negotiate Additional Delivery Of Rare Commodities" (that's the repeatable), which pops up in Cardassian Space once in a while. Your toon needs to be level 40 at least to do this assignment.

2. Get 1 (One) of each Rare Particle Traces, go to your Ship and talk to your Science department heads contact, do the assignment "Infuse Artifact With Rare Particles". You will get a Powered Alien Artifact (which you also can obtain right from the exchange, costs like 1.3m EC though)

3. As soon as you have a Powered Alien Artifact, you are ready to start. Go to your Engineering department heads contact on your ship and do the Assignment "Fabricate Prototype Console". You will need some good engineering Doffs to get the best results from this assignment. When you start this assignment, you will see which critical traits are needed. As soon as you have 5 Doffs (who all have the "resolve" trait at least), you can do the assignment.

Note: the chances with engineers who have resolve plus another crit trait will be 24% (purple), 51% (blue), 24% (green).

You can, of course, also use other Doffs which just have resolve plus another crit trait, these will also give you a 24% chance to obtain a purple console BUT in this case, the chances of getting a blue one will be lower and the green chance higher. That's why engineers are recommended.

If you have any further questions about this or other assignments in general, you can also join the "DOFFJOBS" chat channel, there are many helpful people who can help you with anything.
Great post thanks.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:56 AM.