Career Officer
# 1 Why is it always bat'leths?
04-06-2013, 12:59 PM
I've grown disatisfied with the bat'leths lately.

It seems that it's the only melee weapon in the game, at least, the only KDF specific one!

This latest event just supports that, giving us yet another scaling bat'leth.

Can Cryptic at least try to give us something new?

I'd prefer a one handed weapon, something equivalent to a sword, but with clear klingon influences.

Also, I notice mek'leths and d'k-tahgs are oddly absent.

Likewise, kar'tarkins (the Jem'Hadar melee weapon) are also non existent, despite being shown on display in several places near weapons vendors.

And no, I don't want to use the Lirpa, it's a 2 handed weapon and I'm trying to get away from that.

As regards the Tholian Sword, I gave it to a BOFF (I was building a melee specific tac team, just for fun) and the game won't let me have a second one for my own personal use.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
04-06-2013, 01:09 PM
The nausican sword is your friend here
Captain
# 3
04-06-2013, 01:15 PM
Agreed, they should start releasing buffed versions of the Nausicaan sword, and start coming up with a few new weapon styles (mek'leth and d'k'tagh would work nicely).

I think they stick with bat'leths because they're the quintessential Klingon weapon, and easy to market and sell. The D'k'tagh comes second, and the mek'leth (a favored weapon of Worf) third.
Captain
# 4
04-06-2013, 01:31 PM
Would you want to be THAT Klingon who couldn't handle the sacred Bat'leth and therefore be forced to use mere swords or Lirpas?

Now be gone and practice.
Captain
# 5
04-06-2013, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
The nausican sword is your friend here
Agreed there , and a mek'leth would be a nice addition, as would be daggers.
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
Captain
# 6
04-06-2013, 02:02 PM
they should release giant sporks that look like they came from the set of a lordi music video.

as much as a sword & shield getup would be funny, it would be a total give-away that such was the intention of the mechanics the game is founded on.
as it turns out, an intrepid would lose a fight with a connie.
and thats canon.
! the power of plot compels you.
Empire Veteran
# 7
04-06-2013, 02:10 PM
Worst thing about it is the mek'leth and the d'k tahg are both in game already but only NPCs can use them for some stupid reason.

Don't get me wrong though I am glad for the Honour day event for us and the good writing that went into it so I am not going to complain.
toDuj 'oS rol.
Empire Veteran
# 8
04-06-2013, 02:54 PM
I personally do rather like the new Bat'leth, but I can understand why more blades could be in the game.

Honestly, having a d'k'tahg would be awesome. And the mek'leth.

Lt. Commander
# 9
04-06-2013, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by questerius View Post
Would you want to be THAT Klingon who couldn't handle the sacred Bat'leth and therefore be forced to use mere swords or Lirpas?

Now be gone and practice.
And for those of use who aren't Klingon (even if we are KDF)?

Definitely in the "more sharp stabby slicey things" camp.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-06-2013, 03:34 PM
I demand a chainsword.