Empire Veteran
# 11
04-06-2013, 03:51 PM
Releasing a KDF pack that includes some of the other swords would be great, such as releasing a Fed one with their factions unique swords. We can't get something and the Federation side gets nothing.

Though I am a big fan of the Naucassian sword, my engineer uses it and it's her primary weapon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Career Officer
# 12
04-06-2013, 04:06 PM
My KDF Captain is not a Klingon, so why would he feel the need to use a Klingon weapon?

The Naausicaan sword isn't really appropriate here, he's such a big guy that it would look like a toothpick in his hand.

Plus, I don't like the fact it sheaths at the waist, I feel like I'm going to trip over it!

The other one handed sword just looks like a metal club.

Do the Orions or Gorn have melee weapons?
Some of those would be preferred.
Survivor of Romulus
# 13
04-06-2013, 04:44 PM
There are many melee weapons that belong to different species of Trek that are not availible in the game atm, unfortunately. Ushaan, kar'takin, mek'leth, dk'tang to name a few. It would be nice to have them availible.

That said, however, for a celebration that is suposed to be Klingon in its roots, as the 'Day of Honor' is, it's only natural to have a bat'leth as a reward. I mean, it's the primary weapon of choice to most Klingons, it's as deeply rooted in their heritage just as honor is ever since Kahless forged the first bat'leth out of molten lava. For a holiday like this, I can't imagine a more appropriate reward.

----------------------------------------------
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Survivor of Romulus
# 14
04-06-2013, 04:47 PM
A majority of KDF characters aren't Klingon

some are really really tiny (I saw an alien the other day smaller than his rifle)
Empire Veteran
# 15
04-06-2013, 04:49 PM
Speaking of Bath'leths, has anyone written down all the different ingame moves with them and how to do them?
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Captain
# 16
04-06-2013, 05:01 PM
What makes it worse is that Batleths are inferior to Nausican sword and tsunkats falchion due to having to be within 3m to attack rather then 10m for the sword. Give us a 10m range Mekleth, and also consider making Batleth 10m range.
Career Officer
# 17
04-06-2013, 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Speaking of Bath'leths, has anyone written down all the different ingame moves with them and how to do them?
Common Bat'leth combos at bottom of page

http://www.stowiki.org/Bat%27leth

While I love the new Bat'leth from honor day celebration, I just discovered why i favor the sword usually for melee and i believe it is a glitch with bat'leths. While attacking with a sword ALL enemies within your arc swing will take damage even using the sword pommel, BUT using a bat'leth only the cross-strike pushback is an AOE attack. Bat'leth slash used is only against your targeted attacker and will not effect the target less than 1 foot away while ANY sword will ........ odd. Also the sword has an expose/exploit attack where Bat'leth exploits can only come from a combo strike.

I would really like to see Bat'leths / Lirpas have the sword lunge attack added in some way , and if it could be fixed to damage all enemies in the arc like swords do cause really, a 2-3 ft sword has more cutting power than a 4-5 ft bat'leth / lirpa?

I do appreciate whoever was the artist for the Tritanium Rending Bat'Leth that was a unique edition for the celebration and now all my KDF toons are sporting one in their inventory should i need to hack some borg to pieces in style. The bleed effect was a nice touch btw.

Please, Please, Pretty Please with cookies and ice cream fix that little AOE non-damage issue and add in a melee weapons pack with Season 8 expansion, i don't care if pack is free or c-store long as its account wide I am also looking forward with unrestrained glee to all the great KDF costumes, weapons, and ships we'll finally see with the new expansion ( fingers and toes crossed ).

Good hunting

for people who doubt the power of melee attacks

[Combat (Self)] Your Bat'leth Chop deals 783 Physical Damage(Critical) to Drone.

[Combat (Self)] Your Bat'leth Root deals 333 Physical Damage(Critical) to Drone.

and a nice addition with the new Bat'leth

[Combat (Self)] Your Bleeding Wound deals 27 Physical Damage(Critical) to Drone.

Last edited by kapla1755; 04-06-2013 at 05:46 PM. Reason: add-on
Career Officer
# 18
04-06-2013, 08:24 PM
Just like a Klingon. Bringing a sword to a phaser fight.

Sorry. You know someone had to say it.
I love nice long walks in the country.
Especially if they're taken by people who annoy me!
Ar ais olc leis an doer olc
Captain
# 19
04-07-2013, 01:18 AM
Real warriors don't need to remodulate against Borg
Lieutenant
# 20
04-07-2013, 02:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skollulfr View Post
they should release giant sporks that look like they came from the set of a lordi music video.
Wow... long time since I've heard that name last. But it was cool to win the contest that year! Go Finland!

"There is coffee in that nebula." - Kathryn Janeway
My rihansu character: S'tarleya ch'Rihan Rahaen'fvil, commander of warbird Hnoiyika