Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Right, this has been bothering me for quite a while. I'm an accuracy trait captain, and I have some lovely [acc]x2 [dmg]x2 Advanced Fleet beam weapons. Well, they would be lovely... if every time I used Beam: Overload in PVP, it didn't miss.

I exaggerate slightly, but it really does feel as though whenever BO is used, my accuracy disappears. In PVE, this isn't an issue, but I've seen my beams go wide when targeting a huge-arse cruiser in PVP. Could the B:FaW bug be affecting BO?
Cryptic Studios Team
# 2
04-05-2013, 10:43 AM
Nope.

We investigated this when reviewing FAW's accuracy issues and can verify that BO definitely benefits from weapon-based Accuracy enhancements, as well as Captain-based enhancements.

I'm convinced that the complaints of low-accuracy BO shots is simply selective memory, or a form of confirmation bias. When you wind up for a bit hit, a miss hurts, and is far more memorable than any hit you've ever landed.

That said, we're considering adding a small +Acc buff in-line to all ranks of BO. We make no promises of this actually coming to pass, but it is being considered.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-05-2013, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
Nope.

We investigated this when reviewing FAW's accuracy issues and can verify that BO definitely benefits from weapon-based Accuracy enhancements, as well as Captain-based enhancements.

I'm convinced that the complaints of low-accuracy BO shots is simply selective memory, or a form of confirmation bias. When you wind up for a bit hit, a miss hurts, and is far more memorable than any hit you've ever landed.

That said, we're considering adding a small +Acc buff in-line to all ranks of BO. We make no promises of this actually coming to pass, but it is being considered.
such a change would be unecesary and unwecomed by seasoned pvpers. bo miss rate is par according to my extensive combat log analysis
Empire Veteran
# 4
04-05-2013, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Nope.

every log ive parsed were i use BO has at least 10% less acc then the weapon it was fired with. small acc buff plz

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoejoe View Post
such a change would be unecesary and unwecomed by seasoned pvpers. bo miss rate is par according to my extensive combat log analysis
your BOing is from a bop that specializes in stuns, holds and 1 shots if i recall correctly, your sample size is not going to be that large vs non BO shots
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus

Last edited by dontdrunkimshoot; 04-05-2013 at 10:54 AM.
Career Officer
# 5
04-05-2013, 11:06 AM
Quote:
BO is already pretty accurate. 95%+ when we parse it. There was a time, a long while back, when it was far less accurate. Adding in an additional [ACC] buff is completely unnecessary.
Behold, The Jorf Guide
Captain
# 6
04-05-2013, 11:08 AM
I find overloads more accurate than a few patches ago. I seem to land 7/10.

But, this is with an accurate trait captain, and accX3 DBB.

8/10 would be great. But I'm not that ticked off about it.
Captain
# 7
04-05-2013, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
BO is already pretty accurate. 95%+ when we parse it. There was a time, a long while back, when it was far less accurate. Adding in an additional [ACC] buff is completely unnecessary.
95% when target is held or stunned maybe.
Empire Veteran
# 8
04-05-2013, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thishorizon View Post
95% when target is held or stunned maybe.
I get around 90% on a non-stun/hold bop and my defiant with ACCx2. It requires a bit of timing but I don't see a issue with that.
-X-/Pandas - Pheo
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
04-05-2013, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Nope.

Would it be possible to add "minor" versions of the modifiers to BOFF's themselves rather than the actual abilities they've been trained in?
---------------------------------------------------
U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-91771 - Nebula-class
Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
Dedication Plaque: "Leave nothing unattempted" - James Cook
Captain
# 10
04-05-2013, 11:19 AM
It's always funny when you line up a perfect shot-he's flying straight, you're flying straight, you're straight-on his six and he's not manuevering, at close range...

and your DBB points straight Down and behind you to miss him.

When this sort of thing happens, i always imagine a little scroll of text that says "God says NO" being a proper accomaniment, seeing as how your weapons are pointed toward the enemy, he's chosen to weather it and is focused on something else, but your beams seem to bend away like a movie-vampire confronted with holy water.

Best part being, of course, that it only seems to happen when you can't get a screenshot...good times...
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."