08-12-2008, 01:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by john789 View Post
here.....the uniforms i want...

http://www.startrek.com/startrek/vie...ine/index.html

http://www.shadowdalecreations.com/s..._contact_1.jpg

These are the uniforms that ROCK!!!!!

C'mon Cryptic at least give us that!!!
The link to the star trek.com page about STO still says Perpetual on it. Someone is asleep at the keyboard. CBS Please UPDATE your site. If you can't send me a PM, you can pay me to do it for you.
Lt. Commander
# 32 NPC crew
08-12-2008, 09:28 AM
I have to say I'm a little bit disappointed that there won't be even the potential to crew a ship with other players, but I'm going to hold off on pessimism until I get a better idea of what you intend to do with the crew. Who knows? Maybe it will be awesome.

With that in mind, could you please make a point sometime soon of getting a developer on to do a devlog with some details about NPC crewmen and CE's design goals for the game system--what's the overarching vission for how players should interact and interface with the AI crew? Are they going to have anything like personalities, or are the just going to be toons with stats? Mechanically, how do you want to differentiate the gameplay from the spae section from EvE, and how do you hope to incorporate the AI crew into meeting that objective?

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 33
08-12-2008, 11:45 AM
will you have to pay for this please say no
Lt. Commander
# 34
08-12-2008, 12:08 PM
Yeah yo will have to pay a monthly subscription for this. Im 100% sure. What i dont know is how much per month and how much will it be for the game.

At this point im only focusing on how the game evolves. Im hoping for lots of improvements based on the trailer. And something that i really want to know is the projected release date......
Lt. Commander
# 35
08-12-2008, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by john789 View Post
Yeah yo will have to pay a monthly subscription for this. Im 100% sure. What i dont know is how much per month and how much will it be for the game.

At this point im only focusing on how the game evolves. Im hoping for lots of improvements based on the trailer. And something that i really want to know is the projected release date......
i guess it will be like 20$ a month or you will have to buy 60 day game cards like world of war craft
Lt. Commander
# 36
08-12-2008, 08:39 PM
is cryptic going to intagrate a teamspeak type chat in the game for group and fleet comms.or will the fleets themselves have to have a teamspeak or vent account to have voice comms.
Lt. Commander
# 37
08-13-2008, 11:02 AM
The Gamespot interview shows some promise for the game, cant wait to see this in action, past all the hype.
Lt. Commander
# 38
08-13-2008, 08:22 PM
Wow do I have a LOT of reading to do this weekend; what with all the reviews for CO and now this latest posting for STO!

Nice is all I can say.

Lt. Commander
# 39 Keeping it fun #1
08-13-2008, 11:24 PM
I'm sure everyone has there Ideas of what should be in a star trek game. Part of Exploration is Adventure. I want to know that I don't know what's going to happen. PVE is notorious for being predictable. I'll stop and applaud when something that I didn't expect happens. We've seen Picard discover, destroy and even be kidnapped and or assimilated by strange new "creatures". We've watched an elaurian destroy a system to get to a kind of "heaven". Riker scooping nebular gasses, the saucer section stranded, ... I want to be surprised.
Also a few suggestions. Emmert said the issue of player death wasn't fully decided. He also said that the bridge crew will be "like pets". In some games, your "team" (consisting of NPCs) will act as pets, following your lead and even taking direct commands. In the event that your main character (captain) is "sent to the hospital"(defeated) a second in command can then be controlled by the PC and carry on. Ensuring that when the Captain is revived, he's got a ship to command. And in the event that he does not (as we've seen can happen) His first officer might carry on permanently or until a "new captain" can be chosen. Just some ideas.
Thanks for listening.

Tim Olinger

Longbow Sentinel FXR (Inactive)
5th Division Longbow- Liberty Server
(City of Heroes / Villains)
Lt. Commander
# 40
08-14-2008, 05:08 AM
If Spock says its good well then, it must be good!