Career Officer
# 91
04-07-2013, 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
What is wrong with restricting Romulans to Romulan fleet ships?
It will make Cryptic less money as well as cost them more. That's all this is about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorceror01 View Post
....you are a bad starship captain and you should feel bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tachyonharmonic View Post
However, I think with regard to the Romulan Republic player characters/npcs, it all comes down to a finite point:

These are not the Romulans from the shows.
Rihannsu
# 92
04-07-2013, 01:04 AM
Quote:
First: this whole thread like most is my opinion - and what I hope other fleet leaders see as an unfair system and what they "can/could" do about it.

And Fleet leaders have rules for their fleets that range from nothing to extremely strict RP fleets - so what do you mean by "not telling what players can or cannot do with their own characters"

It's my suggestion to fleet leaders who see that what is availible in the base -" Should be availible to everyone" - and if Cryptic won't enforce this basic fleet princple - then they will.
It's not a suggestion. From the moment you title your thread "fleet leaders need to boycott wah wah wah", you're dictating to people. I'm just glad my fleet doesn't decide to punish its members for a decision they had nothing to do with. And guess what? My Romulan won't be flying a single non-Romulan ship anyway... and I bet I won't be the only one.

I wouldn't be surprised if you were in favor of no starbases for Romulans.
Rihannsu
# 93
04-07-2013, 01:09 AM
While the feature will be there I doubt many people will use it. Think about it, why would you use FED ships when you have a whole arsenal of Great Romulan stuff, and you can use FED ships with your FED character.
# 94
04-07-2013, 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpunkfalcon View Post
While the feature will be there I doubt many people will use it. Think about it, why would you use FED ships when you have a whole arsenal of Great Romulan stuff, and you can use FED ships with your FED character.
See what I mean? THANK YOU!
Republic Veteran
# 95
04-07-2013, 01:31 AM
Quote:
First: this whole thread like most is my opinion - and what I hope other fleet leaders see as an unfair system and what they "can/could" do about it.

And Fleet leaders have rules for their fleets that range from nothing to extremely strict RP fleets - so what do you mean by "not telling what players can or cannot do with their own characters"

It's my suggestion to fleet leaders who see that what is availible in the base -" Should be availible to everyone" - and if Cryptic won't enforce this basic fleet princple - then they will.
That's it right there, it's your suggestion, meaning that they can take that "suggestion" under advisement, and if they choose to do so, they can reject, again, going back to what I said "not telling other players what they can or cannot do with their own characters." Also that statement was not to other fleet leaders, it was directed at YOU in particular. You have no right to tell them what to do, you may suggest all you want, but that just means that they'd consider it, it's not affirming your claims, which this thread is. Yes, Romulan charactes will be able to use their own ships as well as ships of their allied force.

Plus, you seem to be operating under the delusion that they will agree with you, when there have been players in this very thread who are in fact fleet leaders say that they will not do as you "suggest."
Captain
# 96
04-07-2013, 01:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blassreiterus View Post
That's it right there, it's your suggestion, meaning that they can take that "suggestion" under advisement, and if they choose to do so, they can reject, again, going back to what I said "not telling other players what they can or cannot do with their own characters." Also that statement was not to other fleet leaders, it was directed at YOU in particular. You have no right to tell them what to do, you may suggest all you want, but that just means that they'd consider it, it's not affirming your claims, which this thread is. Yes, Romulan charactes will be able to use their own ships as well as ships of their allied force.

Plus, you seem to be operating under the delusion that they will agree with you, when there have been players in this very thread who are in fact fleet leaders say that they will not do as you "suggest."
So are you telling me what to do - by telling me what I should suggest or not?

Seems kind of petty of you. I have no delusions - well not many - I certainly know this is all about money and nothing to do with fairness or possible conflicts.

I will grant you one thing though: the Title should be changed to "Fleet leaders 'should' boycott"

Last edited by born2bwild1; 04-07-2013 at 01:45 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 97
04-07-2013, 01:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bareel View Post
That right there just shows the disconnect and part you don't understand.

They are not devaluing the existing factions. They loose nothing.
Right. The same way that adding new, more powerful ships is not devaluing your old Galaxy-R but you're still left behind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reynoldsxd View Post
Romulans will have access to fed/klink ships because of one reason and ONE reason only:

People spent money on those ships, and with most consoles being ship agnostic they would naturally want their consoles when they fire up their romulan.
Now, if we only got Cryptic to remove all faction requirements from consoles. I don't know why I'm restricted from something I've PAID for.
Career Officer
# 98
04-07-2013, 01:45 AM
I've been thinking a little, and I've decided that for me, the OP's idea is incredibly great... I love it.

The more you, and others like you, boycott romulan players, the more romolan players will come to fleets like mine, who dosen't discriminate one group, because of what another group does.

So Please: Advertise on your info, in zone chat and anywhere else that you and your fleet dosen't want romulan players.
We will happily take take them in, and make them feel welcome.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Captain
# 99
04-07-2013, 01:54 AM
Honestly my romulan will use romulan stuff.

Also...boycotting fed and kdf ships from Romulans will mean MORE money for Cryptic, as it will FORCE Them to buy C-store Romulan ships.

Not that I would mind that. That would make Cryptic put in more romulan c-store ships of OP awesomeness.

Yeah... I want a tier 5 mogai with 6 forward weapon slots, quad wing plasma cannons
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
Captain
# 100
04-07-2013, 02:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by calamintha View Post
Right. The same way that adding new, more powerful ships is not devaluing your old Galaxy-R but you're still left behind.
No, adding more powerful ships to the game does nothing to devalue any ship already in game (outside of PvP and really, yeah).

Increasing the difficulty of the NPCs can have that effect, but not adding new more powerful ships.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpalelena View Post
Honestly my romulan will use romulan stuff.

Also...boycotting fed and kdf ships from Romulans will mean MORE money for Cryptic, as it will FORCE Them to buy C-store Romulan ships.

Not that I would mind that. That would make Cryptic put in more romulan c-store ships of OP awesomeness.

Yeah... I want a tier 5 mogai with 6 forward weapon slots, quad wing plasma cannons
That assumes everyone buys anything they desire with unlimited funds and devs have unlimited development capabilities, which while that is true for some F2P players it does not describe them all nor Cryptic.

Right now they have been struggling to justify releasing new KDF ships due to the lack of revenue generated by doing so. You really think many romulan ships will be released after this expansion? Or that they want to give a portion of their playerbase (those rolling roms as mains) a reason not to buy a new FED ship released? Why on earth would they fracture their market for ship sales in such a way...nevermind there not.

The only way Romulans will become a true faction is if the playerbase of STO increases by a massive amount and the $$ justify the expense.
STO's F2P is basically an inferior experience for the masses at no cost being subsidized by a handful of whales seeking whatever it is that motivates them to spend hundreds if not thousands on a game.

Last edited by bareel; 04-07-2013 at 02:15 AM.
Closed Thread