Captain
# 31
04-06-2013, 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erei1 View Post
So, the Romulan players will have a microfaction, will need to be KDF or Fed, and then, they will also be boycotted by others players ? And you think it's "fair" ? Really ?
I hope I'll be able to fly romulan, but I'm not even sure Cryptic will make good ship to do so.

Don't blame the players for cryptic decision. Thanks.
No-one seems to get the point - fleets can make a decision for their members - based on a principle that is upheld by most fleet - everyone gets equal access.

Therefore - if everyone does not get equal access - the fleet will tell members that Romulan toons can only build Romulan fleet ships.

This is a blatantly unfair policy - if enough fleets make the choice to require equal access then maybe cryptic will change its policy.
Captain
# 32
04-06-2013, 09:04 PM
How about no? Unless you want to ban Romulans from joining your Fleet and ban people in your Fleet from making Romulan alts and joining, there is no way to stop this anyway.

Everyone gets a free Romulan character slot so there is no reason why you also can't make a Romulan and take advantage of this.

Romulan is a new faction and needs a few perks to get it populated.
Captain
# 33
04-06-2013, 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxinvictus View Post
Maybe, but the best way to convince Cryptic is to show them the value of making those ships available to Federation players.

The idea of some kind of boycott isn't going to work because a) it doesn't harm Cryptic in any way and b) players simply have the option of leaving one fleet and joining another.

As I said though, the OP or any one else is obviously welcome to do what they want with their fleet. I just want people to understand that they're probably just going to harm their fleet for very little gain if they do what the OP proposes.

I imagine that some fleets (especially some RP fleets) won't allow Romulans. Others will. Those who do will have more choices for members.
Fine - and what way do you make cryptic open up all fleet ships to all members of the fleet?
Rihannsu
# 34
04-06-2013, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
Fine - and what way do you make cryptic open up all fleet ships to all members of the fleet?
I don't think there is a way to "make" them do anything.

The best chance if it's really important would be to make a thread discussing why it would be good for Cryptic if Fed/KDF characters could fly the fleet and C-store Romulan ships. If players can come up with good enough reasons, reasons that appeal to Cryptic, then maybe they'll take that feedback and run with it. Maybe not.

You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar.

Last edited by voxinvictus; 04-06-2013 at 09:14 PM.
Captain
# 35
04-06-2013, 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxinvictus View Post
I don't think there is a way to "make" them do anything.

The best chance if it's really important would be to make a thread discussing why it would be good for Cryptic if Fed/KDF characters could fly the fleet and C-store Romulan ships.

You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar.
Very true in most cases. But do you know why spray cans with CFC's stopped being produced? Gov't regs? No - the word got out and over 12 months the purchases dropped over 90% - companies stopped producing them - changed to non CFC spray cans because the public got together and stopped buying them.

But as someone said they are trying to get people to roll rommies and spend spend spend - why would they change the policy on allowing existing Fed/Kdf to have equal access unless they are forced to?
Captain
# 36
04-06-2013, 09:30 PM
Quote:
No-one seems to get the point - fleets can make a decision for their members - based on a principle that is upheld by most fleet - everyone gets equal access.

Therefore - if everyone does not get equal access - the fleet will tell members that Romulan toons can only build Romulan fleet ships.

This is a blatantly unfair policy - if enough fleets make the choice to require equal access then maybe cryptic will change its policy.
And how is any fleet going to control this? I could create a fleet and say that Romulans can only purchase Fleet Romulan ships. However, what you are suggesting would require remote access since it is really annoying to confirm that every Romulan has only purchased Fleet Romulan ships through Gateway. Gateway only lists the active ship not every ship. So to make sure that Romulans purchase only Fleet Romulan ships, then I as the fleet leader takes control of my member's computer whenever anyone asks me for access to purchase the ship. So I take over their computer, promote them to the appropriate fleet level, purchase the appropriate fleet ship for them, and finally demote them to their previous level. Not sure about the legality about it, but there are very few people stupid enough to go for something like that. Only reasonable way is that if you don't like Romulans having access to Fed or KDF ships, then don't invite them to the fleet.

Why a Romulan would want to fly a Fed or KDF ship is beyond me since they appear to be really interesting ships. Although, I suppose some people have their favourite ships and want every character of theirs to fly them.
Career Officer
# 37
04-06-2013, 09:47 PM
Any good fleet leader would never dictate how their members play the game or what ships they can allocate (since everyone participates and helps the fleet as a whole).. Should just be happy to enjoy the game with them.. period.
Like my Fan Page Here
xXLocutusXx
Career Officer
# 38
04-06-2013, 09:49 PM
Quote:
...no fleet should produce their normal fleet ships + exclusive Romulan ships for Romulan Characters.
However, I don't see anywhere that fleets will provide for the Romulans in terms of ships. Sure, Romulan captians can get, say, the Defiant Fleet Retrofit. But in no way, shape, nor form will the Feds or KDF will be making D'Deridexes or T'lisses. Give me a solid, hard boiled qoute from the mouth of a Dev that says "KDF/Feds can make Romulan ships for the Romulans but not for themselves" and I'll be well inclined to eat my hat. Furthermore, this quote I take directly from the Blog itself:

"Ship Classes

The ships below will be available to players for free upon leveling up. Other Romulan ships, such as Refits and Retrofits of these vessels, as well as completely unique ships, will be available for purchase through the C-Store."

Do note that the word "Fleet" is missing from this description. Therefore, we can safely assume that although there can be a Fleet Mogai, upon release there will not be a Romulan Fleet Version of anything. However, do not construde that this may mean there may never be a fleet mogai. On the contrary, Fleet versions of the current list of Romulan ships will with near absolute certainty show up at a later date and time.
On the subject of Abramsverse stuff in STO: http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/07...l-rivera-part/
And more reasons against JJ Trek: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiQ9piVgtWM
And even more: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REOjxvQPQNQ

Last edited by a3001; 04-06-2013 at 09:57 PM.
Commander
# 39
04-06-2013, 09:52 PM
Quote:

Herei thought rank permission systems were restricting members from certain content.

Overdramatizing much?

If you're Romulan, and you're allied to a fleet, by all means, feel free to help yourself to what is allowed by you.

Every person who plays this game, has 100% allowability to make themselves a rom character, and join the fleet they've been in for whatever period of time.
Commander
# 40
04-06-2013, 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlocutusofborgx View Post
Any good fleet leader would never dictate how their members play the game or what ships they can allocate (since everyone participates and helps the fleet as a whole).. Should just be happy to enjoy the game with them.. period.
Agreed. Last I checked, I had fleetmates who've donated several hundred thousand more than I have to the fleet, even upwards of millions more.
Closed Thread