Commander
# 41
04-06-2013, 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
And how is any fleet going to control this? I could create a fleet and say that Romulans can only purchase Fleet Romulan ships. However, what you are suggesting would require remote access since it is really annoying to confirm that every Romulan has only purchased Fleet Romulan ships through Gateway. Gateway only lists the active ship not every ship. So to make sure that Romulans purchase only Fleet Romulan ships, then I as the fleet leader takes control of my member's computer whenever anyone asks me for access to purchase the ship. So I take over their computer, promote them to the appropriate fleet level, purchase the appropriate fleet ship for them, and finally demote them to their previous level. Not sure about the legality about it, but there are very few people stupid enough to go for something like that. Only reasonable way is that if you don't like Romulans having access to Fed or KDF ships, then don't invite them to the fleet.

Why a Romulan would want to fly a Fed or KDF ship is beyond me since they appear to be really interesting ships. Although, I suppose some people have their favourite ships and want every character of theirs to fly them.
What you just said in the top 4 or 5 sentences, would be a complete violation of the TOS, you cannot share passwords or have dual accounts.
Commander
# 42
04-06-2013, 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by benovide View Post
What you just said in the top 4 or 5 sentences, would be a complete violation of the TOS, you cannot share passwords or have dual accounts.
That's the point. There's no way to do what the OP suggests short of not allowing Romulans to purchase at all from a fleet.
Captain
# 43
04-06-2013, 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by benovide View Post
Agreed. Last I checked, I had fleetmates who've donated several hundred thousand more than I have to the fleet, even upwards of millions more.
So that's it we just let this very bad precedent of allowing one faction have dual ship access - stand.

No problems?
Republic Veteran
# 44
04-06-2013, 10:04 PM
Just read my siggy! Says it all right there. Well, there's more, follow the link too
Great News!

It's pronounced "S.T.O." "Stow" sounds idiotic! lol
Captain
# 45
04-06-2013, 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by a3001 View Post
However, I don't see anywhere that fleets will provide for the Romulans in terms of ships. Sure, Romulan captians can get, say, the Defiant Fleet Retrofit. But in no way, shape, nor form will the Feds or KDF will be making D'Deridexes or T'lisses. Give me a solid, hard boiled qoute from the mouth of a Dev that says "KDF/Feds can make Romulan ships for the Romulans but not for themselves" and I'll be well inclined to eat my hat. Furthermore, this quote I take directly from the Blog itself:

"Ship Classes

The ships below will be available to players for free upon leveling up. Other Romulan ships, such as Refits and Retrofits of these vessels, as well as completely unique ships, will be available for purchase through the C-Store."

Do note that the word "Fleet" is missing from this description. Therefore, we can safely assume that although there can be a Fleet Mogai, upon release there will not be a Romulan Fleet Version of anything. However, do not construde that this may mean there may never be a fleet mogai. On the contrary, Fleet versions of the current list of Romulan ships will with near absolute certainty show up at a later date and time.
Quote:
[Terilynn] Can you clarify how ships will be able to be used? Will Federation/KDF players be able to fly Romulan vessels? Will Romulan players be able to fly KDF or Starfleet ships?

[dStahl] This is where Romulan Republic captains have an advantage. Not only can they pilot their exclusive Warbird class ships with singularity cores, but they also gain the ability to command ships of their ally, much like Kira Nerys would command the Defiant while still wearing her Bajoran Militia uniform.

Romulans also gain access to the Fleet Ships of their chosen ally as well as any Romulan Republic only Fleet ships. They can also fly any limited edition lock box ship as well.

One potential disadvantage to commanding an allies' ship is that Romulan Captains have a unique species space trait called subterfuge which provides a bonus to cloak and decloak ambush damage. If a Romulan is flying a ship without cloak, they are not getting the most out of their trait.

To clarify, this alliance does not extend in reverse. FED and KDF captains will not be allowed to command Warbirds. The deal that D?Tan makes with these factions when New Romulus is established is for Romulan technology (via the Reputation System) but that doesn?t extend to Republic ships.
Where was the part about the hat?
Captain
# 46
04-06-2013, 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by imadoctornota View Post
Just read my siggy! Says it all right there. Well, there's more, follow the link too
Thank GOD to a player with some sense!! This dual ship policy sets a very bad precedent for the game.

And we are talking about fleet ships - which goes beyond Dan's reasoning of people already spending money on ships - fleet ships are over and above this.

Romulans have should have access to Romulan Fleet ships only.
Commander
# 47
04-06-2013, 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
So that's it we just let this very bad precedent of allowing one faction have dual ship access - stand.

No problems?
No problems.

Romulans are special, it's kind of cool.

No fleet in their right mind will adopt this silly policy.

This thread is dumb.
Empire Veteran
# 48
04-06-2013, 10:12 PM
There is a canon precedent for Romulans using ships of another race.

There, I said the "C" word.
Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.
Warning, this poster tends to talk nonsensically when caffine levels fall below 80%.
Commander
# 49
04-06-2013, 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post

No problems?
Not one single issue.
Captain
# 50
04-06-2013, 10:15 PM
Fleet leaders cannot control what ships their Fleet members buy. As such the only way to stop them would be to not allow Romulans into the Fleet. That would benefit no one. It would cheat the Romulan player out of the potential to buy Romulan Fleet ships and cheat many existing Fleetbases, which are already starving for more Dilithium and Resources to advance, from getting to T3, T4, or T5.

The boycott is just not a good idea.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Closed Thread