Career Officer
# 81
04-06-2013, 11:21 PM
Personally, I'm not in support of guilds/fleets who punish a fellow player for developer decisions a fleet leadership finds distasteful.
STO Forum:
Where the Human Adventure is Just Beginning!

<=============================
Exploring STO Since Pavement.
Tier 2 Constitution for Fleet Refit!
Commander
# 82
04-06-2013, 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
This is all I am asking for - Fed/kdf Fleet ships to be locked off from Romulan Players.

They can still have Fed/KDF c-store ships/Romulan Fleet ships/romulan c-store ships/ and romulan free ships.

They are getting a lot.

Why do they have to have ally faction fleet ships to?
Now you are not making sense. You don't want Romulans to have access to Fed/KDF ships because it will 'water down' the Romulan faction purity. But wait, now it's okay for a Romulan to have a Galaxy starship, but it can't be the fleet version. Why?

How would a Romulan flying a fleet Galaxy hurt your gaming experience?

I have a mental image of a child stomping his feet in full pout mode repeating "It's not FAIR!"

I just don't see an issue here and the expression 'mountain out of a molehill' seems to fit.
Captain
# 83
04-06-2013, 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricorosebud View Post
Now you are not making sense. You don't want Romulans to have access to Fed/KDF ships because it will 'water down' the Romulan faction purity. But wait, now it's okay for a Romulan to have a Galaxy starship, but it can't be the fleet version. Why?

How would a Romulan flying a fleet Galaxy hurt your gaming experience?

I have a mental image of a child stomping his feet in full pout mode repeating "It's not FAIR!"

I just don't see an issue here and the expression 'mountain out of a molehill' seems to fit.
It has everything to do with one faction having exclusive ship access and the ally does not.

Why would anyone roll a Fed/Kdf again except for rp? They are going to be limited in selection from launch on in.

Bad precedent. Bad for the game.
Commander
# 84
04-06-2013, 11:40 PM
OP, send your potential Romulan members over to me. I'll make sure they get to join a nonjudgmental fleet that doesn't punish them for game mechanics, and you can make sure that your fleet remains pure and unsullied by their green blood and unwelcome, unfair ship purchasing.
Empire Veteran
# 85
04-06-2013, 11:45 PM
Ok, maybe my thoughts are more in order for this post:

I don't really agree with Romulans getting Fed/KDF fleet ships. Honestly if I had my way I wouldn't have ever allowed Romulans any non-Romulan ships (outside of lockbox ones). However, that isn't how it is.

So that aside, Romulans can, do, and will have access regardless. I wish at the very least they didn't have access to 'fleet level' ships of the Fed/KDF. Which means that they couldn't use any 10-console ship outside their own fleet ships or lockbox ones.

But again, that isn't how it's gonna be.

That said, I personally plan on at least making my Romulan (possibly Lib Borg romulan) sci, and Romulan Eng fly Romulan ships, because that's what I WANT to fly. Nothing is gonna change me getting a D'deridex (and possibly a Scimitar).

And honestly, a good portion of people are going to choose to fly what they already know, regardless of faction. There's gonna be plenty of folks flying Fleet Defiants on their Romulan tac, regardless. Or hopping into that Galor, because they want to.

Most of all, plenty of people flying Romulan ships. Besides, even with access to Fed/KDF fleet ships, who knows what interesting and unique options those ships will bring. The Singularity Cores alone will be a different twist, and add in what consoles and such we might have on Romulan ships...we shouldn't dismiss them quite so quickly.

Commander
# 86
04-06-2013, 11:55 PM
Quote:
It has everything to do with one faction having exclusive ship access and the ally does not.

Why would anyone roll a Fed/Kdf again except for rp? They are going to be limited in selection from launch on in.

Bad precedent. Bad for the game.
This is actually a really easy question, and the answer may shock you:

To play a Fed or a Klingon. Crazy, I know.

I am going to roll a Romulan because I want to play a Romulan, not for any kind of perceived advantage over the other factions.

What is bad for the game is people who try to tell others how to play it.
Republic Veteran
# 87
04-07-2013, 12:16 AM
Quote:
Did you read the OP? this has to do with Romulans having "exclusive fleet ships AND access to their allies fleet ships.

this has nothing to do with pre-purchased ships.
Just a question: You do realize that just because you have access to both your own faction's ships and those of your chosen ally's ships, it doesn't mean that you will use the ships from your chosen ally? Also, boycotting because YOU think it's unfair that Romulan characters will have access to their own ships and ships of their allies is a moot point, it will happen whether you like it or not.

Quote:
Well my KDF will be happily staying in her Fleet B'rel(30 more days with the Refit) - no need to create a Rommie to take her place.
Okay, fine, that's only on you. That still doesn't give you a right to tell other players what they can or cannot do with their own characters.

This thread is moot. It will just lead to nothing so why bother?
Captain
# 88
04-07-2013, 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blassreiterus View Post
Just a question: You do realize that just because you have access to both your own faction's ships and those of your chosen ally's ships, it doesn't mean that you will use the ships from your chosen ally? Also, boycotting because YOU think it's unfair that Romulan characters will have access to their own ships and ships of their allies is a moot point, it will happen whether you like it or not.

Okay, fine, that's only on you. That still doesn't give you a right to tell other players what they can or cannot do with their own characters.

This thread is moot. It will just lead to nothing so why bother?
First: this whole thread like most is my opinion - and what I hope other fleet leaders see as an unfair system and what they "can/could" do about it.

And Fleet leaders have rules for their fleets that range from nothing to extremely strict RP fleets - so what do you mean by "not telling what players can or cannot do with their own characters"

It's my suggestion to fleet leaders who see that what is availible in the base -" Should be availible to everyone" - and if Cryptic won't enforce this basic fleet princple - then they will.
Republic Veteran
# 89
04-07-2013, 12:38 AM
Quote:
Why should Romulan players have dual access and Fed/Kdf players don't?
"sighs" You care to answer me what would be the real point of making a Romulan if I could fly a Romulan fleet ship as a Fed/Kdf on day one of LoR?

Dare you to give me a good answer to that.

Where is all of your complaining about how unfair it is Feds have so many more ships than Kdf? Huh...you like talking about unfair then why aren't you lighting up the forums with protest for the Kdf?

Your probably just another lazy selfish Fed that wants a Warbird but doesn't want to put in the effort to level a Romulan.
Ensign
# 90 Choice
04-07-2013, 12:42 AM
My Fleet has a full tier 4 Fed Starbase and a tier 3 KDF. Our fleet will stay true to ourselves. Their is no real issue with how our Romulan alts and new players do it. the players that have toons in the fed or kdf aligning them selves with the faction of their choice. People who join as romulan are welcome to help Fed or Kdf reach T5 Faster.

Last edited by jhighfill; 04-07-2013 at 12:44 AM.
Closed Thread