Captain
# 11
04-06-2013, 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
New players don't actually get a break when you underprice items, though. All that happens is that some merchant will buy it up and resell it at the correct price. The only ones that actually get a break when you underprice are the Ferrengi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by benovide View Post
CHACHING!!!

We have a winner!
Yeah, but so what? If the seller is happy with the price he sold for it does not matter if someone else buys them and resells them. In that instance everyone wins: the cheap seller gets what he wanted and the price goes back up with someone making a profit from their purchase/relist.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-06-2013, 11:56 PM
If I want to turn Dil into EC quickly I buy Uncommon Crafting Materials. 8000 Dil = 8 Materials = 1.6 Million. Sells quickly. I came across that sweet spot price by leaving some in the exchange for a week and gradually lowering the price. 1.4 Mill they sell in under a few hours, any higher they sit forever.

If you have time then keys and Doff packs certainly seem a better exchange. At 1.2 mil per key, that works out to 1.9 million per key. 1.2 million sells keys really fast, so selling for less than that is plain stupid. If I saw keys for less than 1.2 I would buy them and relist.

I cannot see selling keys for 1.8 mil. If the Exchange were empty, maybe. Otherwise you are just shooting yourself in the foot. Check the current market, price 0.1 mil under what is the current price but not below 1.2.

I will have to look at Doff packs though.
Commander
# 13
04-06-2013, 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Yeah, but so what? If the seller is happy with the price he sold for it does not matter if someone else buys them and resells them. In that instance everyone wins: the cheap seller gets what he wanted and the price goes back up with someone making a profit from their purchase/relist.
Because they also devalue the players selling them at higher prices.

We as players control the "market" that's basically saying screw you to the rest of us.
Commander
# 14
04-06-2013, 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by opheliadraegonne View Post
If I want to turn Dil into EC quickly I buy Uncommon Crafting Materials. 8000 Dil = 8 Materials = 1.6 Million. Sells quickly. I came across that sweet spot price by leaving some in the exchange for a week and gradually lowering the price. 1.4 Mill they sell in under a few hours, any higher they sit forever.

If you have time then keys and Doff packs certainly seem a better exchange. At 1.2 mil per key, that works out to 1.9 million per key. 1.2 million sells keys really fast, so selling for less than that is plain stupid. If I saw keys for less than 1.2 I would buy them and relist.

I cannot see selling keys for 1.8 mil. If the Exchange were empty, maybe. Otherwise you are just shooting yourself in the foot. Check the current market, price 0.1 mil under what is the current price but not below 1.2.

I will have to look at Doff packs though.
Selling at 1.5 mil sells keys INSTANTLY You have lock boxes that are listed for 600,000 A PIECE I just bought out 50 of them at 600k A PIECE!! a player really bought 50 keys (over $60 worth in keys) and sold them for 600k ec per one. I've sold 19 of them so far at 1.8 mil, 1.2 mil in profit per key.

Last edited by benovide; 04-07-2013 at 12:00 AM.
Captain
# 15
04-06-2013, 11:59 PM
Quote:

We as players control the "market" that's basically saying screw you to the rest of us.
Isn't the whole point of the exchange to say "screw you" to everyone? What you're suggesting is price fixing, which is the opposite of what a free exchange is all about.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-07-2013, 12:03 AM
Quote:
Selling at 1.5 mil sells keys INSTANTLY You have lock boxes that are listed for 600,000 A PIECE I just bought out 50 of them at 600k A PIECE!! a player really bought 50 keys (over $60 worth in keys) and sold them for 600k ec per one. I've sold 19 of them so far at 1.8 mil, 1.2 mil in profit per key.
The problem is not all of us have the budget to buy up under-priced merchandise in a flooded market. So all we can really do is undercut. I will keep in mind that 1.5 sells a key pretty much instantly though and test that as my new bottom price.
Captain
# 17
04-07-2013, 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
What you're suggesting is price fixing, which is the opposite of what a free exchange is all about.
This.
/10char
Commander
# 18
04-07-2013, 12:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by opheliadraegonne View Post
The problem is not all of us have the budget to buy up under-priced merchandise in a flooded market. So all we can really do is undercut. I will keep in mind that 1.5 sells a key pretty much instantly though and test that as my new bottom price.
1.7 mil, takes a about a half hour, to an hour to sell. 1.8 mil, takes a day or so for all the keys to be gone.

1.5, takes seconds. I've made 44 mil now, just buying and reselling keys.
Career Officer
# 19
04-07-2013, 12:20 AM
Quote:

Ummmmm.... aren't you a player?
Empire Veteran
# 20
04-07-2013, 01:00 AM
About selling DOFF packs, check their current price and do the following:

Take the current price, and divide it by the zen cost. That will be the ratio of Zen to Ec.

Then take the current price of Keys and do the same.

Whichever has the higher ratio, sell those.

Example:

DOFF pack: 3 million, cost: 275 Zen

Zen to EC ratio: 1 Zen to 10,909 EC.

Key: 1.5 million, cost: 125 Zen

Zen to EC ratio: 1 Zen to 12,000 EC.

That example shows that selling a key would be a better option in that case, but the market is always changing, so keep an eye on it.

And people can, will, and DO buy DOFF packs off the exchange. Just as with a lockbox, people will buy a chance at the grand prize, whether it has the Bug or no, people will try.