Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,291
# 21
04-07-2013, 12:09 AM
I wonder how OP would react, if Cryptic suddenly said: Yea... you can't require more then 25 Dil pr zen.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 151
# 22
04-07-2013, 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by opheliadraegonne View Post
If I want to turn Dil into EC quickly I buy Uncommon Crafting Materials. 8000 Dil = 8 Materials = 1.6 Million. Sells quickly. I came across that sweet spot price by leaving some in the exchange for a week and gradually lowering the price. 1.4 Mill they sell in under a few hours, any higher they sit forever.

If you have time then keys and Doff packs certainly seem a better exchange. At 1.2 mil per key, that works out to 1.9 million per 1000 dil. 1.2 million sells keys really fast, so selling for less than that is plain stupid. If I saw keys for less than 1.2 I would buy them and relist.

I cannot see selling keys for 1.8 mil. If the Exchange were empty, maybe. Otherwise you are just shooting yourself in the foot. Check the current market, price 0.1 mil under what is the current price but not below 1.2.

I will have to look at Doff packs though.
I was thinking for some reason Key Packs were 500, when they are 1,125 each for ten keys. This changes the math a lot. At 1.2 per key it works out to about a million per 8000 dil. At 1.8 per key it would work out to about 1.5 mil per 8000 dil. Not that much better than selling Uncommon crafting materials (which sell a lot faster, since it was stated 1.8 mil for a key takes about a day to sell.



I am looking at duty Officer packs. They seem to be listed for 3 million. Is that accurate of the market and how fast do they tend to sell? 3 million for a 200 Zen Doff Pack seems profitable. Though still about the same as keys or crafting materials.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,795
# 23
04-07-2013, 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by benovide View Post
Because they also devalue the players selling them at higher prices.

We as players control the "market" that's basically saying screw you to the rest of us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by benovide View Post
Selling at 1.5 mil sells keys INSTANTLY You have lock boxes that are listed for 600,000 A PIECE I just bought out 50 of them at 600k A PIECE!! a player really bought 50 keys (over $60 worth in keys) and sold them for 600k ec per one. I've sold 19 of them so far at 1.8 mil, 1.2 mil in profit per key.
I fail to understand how you are being screwed. You admitted that you made a profit from someone selling undervalued keys.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 549
# 24
04-07-2013, 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by opheliadraegonne View Post
Not that much better than selling Uncommon crafting materials (which sell a lot faster, since it was stated 1.8 mil for a key takes about a day to sell.
Probably not anymore, after this thread a bunch of opportunists will flood the market undercutting each other, just like what you critisize with keys. After the market crashed it'll probably stabilize again once the vultures move on, but don't expect the usual profits in the next two weeks.

Seriously just don't share things like market strategies with this community. They will ruin it as their greed knows no bounds. Keep it to friends and fleet mates you trust if you feel like sharing.

I remember when Fleet doffs came around but couldn't be donated to starbases. A ton of people on Doffjobs immediately traded in millions of FC for white doffs and flooded the market with duds that the buyers couldn't even use for what they were buying them for. They knew they were essentially scamming the little guys struggling to keep their fleets going. Market was completely assraped for 2 weeks until Cryptic made them donatable, but those people didn't give a ****. They have 5 bugships and 3 trillion EC anyway since they play all day any day. They don't care anymore about other players or long-term sustainability.

This is pretty much also why I don't play Eve online. Free economys only benefit the biggest ******* in the room. It's enough that we have to deal with that in real life.
Career Officer
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 126
# 25
04-07-2013, 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcademaster View Post
Probably not anymore, after this thread a bunch of opportunists will flood the market undercutting each other, just like what you critisize with keys. After the market crashed it'll probably stabilize again once the vultures move on, but don't expect the usual profits in the next two weeks.

Seriously just don't share things like market strategies with this community. They will ruin it as their greed knows no bounds. Keep it to friends and fleet mates you trust if you feel like sharing.

I remember when Fleet doffs came around but couldn't be donated to starbases. A ton of people on Doffjobs immediately traded in millions of FC for white doffs and flooded the market with duds that the buyers couldn't even use for what they were buying them for. They knew they were essentially scamming the little guys struggling to keep their fleets going. Market was completely assraped for 2 weeks until Cryptic made them donatable, but those people didn't give a ****. They have 5 bugships and 3 trillion EC anyway since they play all day any day. They don't care anymore about other players or long-term sustainability.

This is pretty much also why I don't play Eve online. Free economys only benefit the biggest ******* in the room. It's enough that we have to deal with that in real life.
this. I hate to say it but people in this game are greedy as hell. what happened to need or greed? everyone needs now.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 253
# 26
04-07-2013, 01:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainleavitt View Post
this. I hate to say it but people in this game are greedy as hell. what happened to need or greed? everyone needs now.
Because Need or Greed was a stupid mechanic from the word go. One Need instantly out-rolls all Greeds; so when you have one clown Needing on everything, no one else gets anything. Solution? Everyone Needs, so everyone rolls, and then the random nature is re-introduced.

As for people being greedy as hell? Of course they are. They're here to get as much as they can, and so they do.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 394
# 27
04-07-2013, 01:15 AM
Someone sales a key for 1mill, someone will buy it and reselll it, so what? As much I am not a capitalism cheerleader, it's how the game works and people seem to find their place in the system...

SERVER NOT RESPONDING (1701s)
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 754
# 28
04-07-2013, 01:29 AM
market economy chapter 1:

supply<demand: increasing prices
supply>demand: decreasing prices
supply=demand: stable prices

I hope this answers your question.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 151
# 29
04-07-2013, 01:34 AM
I am not a fan of unchecked Capitalism at all. I even blog about it as well as social injustice, politics, etc.

However ; this game has a lot of opportunity for altruism. It exists within fleets, for instance. And there is nothing wrong with buying the cheap products and selling them at a higher price. You are helping the poorer player by buying their goods. It isn't a perfect system, but it works.

All games need an economy, and sought after goods will always increase in value. This game seems to have a fair number of checks and balances to keep people from being screwed over completely for the most part. The fact we have multiple forms of currency tends to balance things out. Dilithium is limited, which helps balance things out. While a lot of things are really expensive, it is actually rather easy for a poorer player to put together a decent ship with some patience, unlike the real world where being poor just means you are screwed.

Much of the best items are not tied to either random chance or income levels, they are tied to the Rep system for instance ; meaning hard work can earn them. You cannot just flat out buy them, and people regardless of wealth have about the same ability to earn those items. The economy in this game is actually rather socialist, really. There is personal wealth and trade, but wealth does not give any player complete dominance over any other. You get what you need to play at a given level by default (free ships on rankup), good items through the Rep system which are competitive and used even by people with money, and a realistic chance for poor players to ascend up the financial ladder if they put effort in rather than perpetually fighting against a system designed to bleed them dry.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,202
# 30
04-07-2013, 02:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by benovide View Post
why spend so much money
I stopped reading there. Since i have a job and don't live in Nigeria or Bangladesh, a key is cheap for me. I don't buy keys unless i have too much dil and turn it into ECs because I don't like the droprates and doff packs, but if I liked what we get, i'd buy some.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:34 AM.