Lt. Commander
# 1 Got an Idea for PvP and FA's
04-09-2013, 04:18 PM
I was in my library the other night and rereading through some of my historical naval battles books, ya I know boring stuff right but I enjoy it, and the part that leaped out at me in the various books was the disrupting or attacking of the enemies supply lines. Some wars and conflicts were solely decided on the sinking or capturing of enemy merchant/supply ships. If you don't have weapons, ammo, food, and other equipment supplied on a timely basis then it makes it very difficult to continue fighting.

I thought it would be cool if Cryptic could implement a PvP scenario based on protecting and raiding enemy freighters. My idea is on one map 5 Feds are the defenders protecting 5 freighters while 5 KDF ships try to either capture or destroy them. Another map would have the roles of the factions reversed where the KDF are the defenders and the Feds are attacking. It would be a timed engagement where the attackers try to capture or destroy as many freighters as they can in the time limit. Rewards for the attackers and defenders could be a set amount of Dil for the number of ships you either captured/destroyed or successfully defended.

This could even be setup for an FA for those who don't like PvP, same situations but the players would be either attacking or defending against game controlled ships. On an elite mode you'd have less time to accomplish a raid and more time if you were the defenders. Rewards could be dil, Doffs (prisoners), commodities, weapons, etc. The quality would be randomized with a greater chance of receiving purple gear on elite mode.

I thought this would be a good wartime PvP option. We are still at war aren't we?

What do you guys think?
Empire Veteran
# 2
04-09-2013, 04:32 PM
They tried once with a PvE/PvP idea of attack and defend mission.

I believe it had issues that led to its being pulled.

Personaly I like the idea.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Captain
# 3
04-10-2013, 03:30 AM
I want more areas like Ker'rat. Fix Ker'rat so it's not so buggy and exploitable. There are at least 3 bug exploits I know of, one of which isn't really voluntary (everyone restart-respawning on the KDF spawnpoint). It just leads to epic spawncamps that last 1+ hours. Then there's the side-switching bug and the hide-in-pylons bug.

Fix Ker'rat, and open up 1-2 other areas with different enemies (maybe superpowered Undine or Tholians, I dunno). Have one map be full of debris, to make navigation a little more interesting.
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
04-10-2013, 03:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingmaster View Post
I want more areas like Ker'rat. Fix Ker'rat so it's not so buggy and exploitable. There are at least 3 bug exploits I know of, one of which isn't really voluntary (everyone restart-respawning on the KDF spawnpoint). It just leads to epic spawncamps that last 1+ hours. Then there's the side-switching bug and the hide-in-pylons bug.

Fix Ker'rat, and open up 1-2 other areas with different enemies (maybe superpowered Undine or Tholians, I dunno). Have one map be full of debris, to make navigation a little more interesting.
^^^THIS!^^^

x100 all of this!
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-10-2013, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
^^^THIS!^^^

x100 all of this!
Rather than hostile 3rd party combatants like the Undine, Tholians, or Borg I'd rather they make a Ker'rat style map and fill it with freighters from both factions. You could either raid the opposing factions ships and grab as much loot as you can get while getting shot at or just combat the enemy ships.

I've had an Orion character for a long time and have been chomping at the bit to be able to pirate, raid and enslave. Or at the very least Cryptic could allow my Orion male to exhibit lewd behavior.
Career Officer
# 6
04-10-2013, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
They tried once with a PvE/PvP idea of attack and defend mission.

I believe it had issues that led to its being pulled.

Personaly I like the idea.
Yeah, that got pulled right before or during beta. This game concept (which I actually was looking forward to) never made it to launch.

Unfortunate.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-11-2013, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyias1 View Post
Yeah, that got pulled right before or during beta. This game concept (which I actually was looking forward to) never made it to launch.

Unfortunate.
I hope they rethink it and implement it someday. A ground version of this pvp style could be the interior of a freighter where the opposing factions either defend the crew and cargo or are the ones trying to take them.