Republic Veteran
# 1 Rolling a Romulan
04-07-2013, 11:09 AM
This maybe premature, would it be safe to assume that the best professions for creating a Romulan toon would be Tac and Sci?
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
04-07-2013, 11:13 AM
insufficent data

However given the sheer hull strength of the bigger ships maybe not
Captain
# 3
04-07-2013, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumoftheblack View Post
This maybe premature, would it be safe to assume that the best professions for creating a Romulan toon would be Tac and Sci?
Well, a Romulan Tac would be as useless as a Fed or KDF Tac... but some folks will likely roll one anyway.

You might be able to squeeze by with a Rom Sci if you break out the wallet, because the free ships simply won't have the turn for those Sci abilities.

Looks like we're going to have a bunch of OP Romulan Engineers...Cryptic's turned a blind eye to how OP the Eng is, and so far - nothing looks to be any different with LoR. Same ol' same ol' OP Eng...meh.
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Captain
# 4
04-07-2013, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
Well, a Romulan Tac would be as useless as a Fed or KDF Tac... but some folks will likely roll one anyway.

You might be able to squeeze by with a Rom Sci if you break out the wallet, because the free ships simply won't have the turn for those Sci abilities.

Looks like we're going to have a bunch of OP Romulan Engineers...Cryptic's turned a blind eye to how OP the Eng is, and so far - nothing looks to be any different with LoR. Same ol' same ol' OP Eng...meh.
Teehehehe!!!!=D
----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====----
Captain
# 5
04-07-2013, 01:47 PM
The more important question will be, what will you roll? A fed or a kdf rommy?

I can see the advantages of rolling a Fed one (Because feds always cry about cloak) now you can genuinely go into a 5v5 premade and simply bring your Fed. It has to become an accepted apperance now that feds have battlecloak.

Either adapt or be vaped!!!
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
04-07-2013, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkfader1988 View Post
The more important question will be, what will you roll? A fed or a kdf rommy?

I can see the advantages of rolling a Fed one (Because feds always cry about cloak) now you can genuinely go into a 5v5 premade and simply bring your Fed. It has to become an accepted apperance now that feds have battlecloak.

Either adapt or be vaped!!!
where was it stated that romulans will have battle cloak (maybe ONE ship at that)? its not set in stone at all for battle cloaks but all the romulan ships will have the standard cloak at least.

only battle cloak ship we know of is the B'rel and that is for kdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Captain
# 7
04-07-2013, 02:01 PM
Sci KRom

Romulan Plasma DHCs
Plasmonic Leech
Tet Glider
KHG Shields
Precision, Sensor Targeting Assault, (QSM)
Omega Weapon Training, Superior Shield Repair
Enhanced Shield Penetration, APC-Offense, (RTC)
Borg, Cutting Beam, Omega Torp
0Point, Hyper-Plasma Torp, Experimental Beam
NukaPart, Web Mines
Plasmonic Shockwave
Conservation of Energy

Course, er...there's no ship for it yet.
Captain
# 8
04-07-2013, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynder2012 View Post
only battle cloak ship we know of is the B'rel and that is for kdf
The B'rel has an EBC. There are several BoPs with a BC. There are Romulan BoPs. It follows there will be Romulan birds with battle cloaks. EBC...well, that will have to be seen.
Captain
# 9
04-07-2013, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
The B'rel has an EBC. There are several BoPs with a BC. There are Romulan BoPs. It follows there will be Romulan birds with battle cloaks. EBC...well, that will have to be seen.
Don't quote my trekkie, but I damn well hope so!!! The Rommies sold it to them in the first place.
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
04-07-2013, 02:18 PM
yeah bad mixup on my part lol...but so far stahl has said that all romulan ships will have at least the standard Cloak..mix that with subterfuge and its better than kdf cloaks lol...but so far the ONLY romulan/reman ship I've seen with a battle cloak is the Scimitar (Sela's from Cutting the Cord and Borg Donatra).

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p