Captain
# 1 Release the romulans
04-07-2013, 01:16 PM
I think they should go ahead and release the romulan faction this would give LoR a whole month on tribble for player testing and feedback.

Sure it wouldnt be perfect and there would be bugs but thats what testing is for and given a whole month of testing by may 21st with player feedback alot of the bugs could be ironed out.

So why not just release the romulans on tribble let us players help you the development team work on this project let us be your guinea pigs
Captain
# 2
04-07-2013, 03:17 PM
No just no. . .

And enough that us folks on holodeck don't get the new visuals yet it's all ruined with someone screen grabs so would rather have something left to get excited about pls
Career Officer
# 3
04-07-2013, 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam3s1701 View Post
No just no. . .

And enough that us folks on holodeck don't get the new visuals yet it's all ruined with someone screen grabs so would rather have something left to get excited about pls
Couldn't disagree more. With how big an update LoR is, it NEEDS to be tested, preferably for as long as possible.
Captain
# 4
04-07-2013, 05:19 PM
While hype is good, this big expansion does need a lot of testing.

Getting it bug free is important. Neither Cryptic or the players want it buggy on launch.
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
Captain
# 5
04-07-2013, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam3s1701 View Post
No just no. . .

If your that upset why not join us on tribble be on the fore front of testing

And yes they should release the romulans on tribble there is a little over a month left before launch of LoR.
And there really needs to be alot of testing on it before launch and get some of the bugs that will come with this big expansion resolved.

So i really do hope cryptic releases LoR on tribble soon so we can get the testing started otherwise we can look forward to tons of issues on the holodeck later.
Captain
# 6
04-07-2013, 05:44 PM
Didn't they say that the first half of the NEW content will be up in Early May?

Should be enough to get any new gameplay features associated with Romulans tested, since there will likely be a tutorial of sorts in there to let you learn to use the Singularity Cores and their special features.
Career Officer
# 7 Just no...
04-07-2013, 05:58 PM
Now have you even been looking at the new SimCity game, that went out with only 10 days of Beta testing, and it is bugged, broken and terrible.

Do you really want that happening with the Romulans and the new layout, I say let them put it up for testing so they can Iron out the inevitable bugs (It is still Cryptic we are talking about)
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-07-2013, 07:00 PM
I'm of two minds about this. Disclosure: I was in the FFXIV late alpha, closed beta, and open beta, so the well is truly poisoned as to the effectiveness of public betas.

On the one hand, oh god yes test all the things. Test them to destruction. Users will break things coders don't even know could break.

On the other, public testing of buggy beta product assumes that:
A) the bugs will be fixed by launch;
B) the blog posts about "oh god, all the beta bugs" don't kill any hype dead in the water.

Which path do I have faith in Cryptic to pursue?
Captain
# 9
04-07-2013, 11:01 PM
No! Release the kraken!
Career Officer
# 10
04-08-2013, 06:00 AM
I think it's more a case that they have other stuff that they want tested than just the Romulan content. If they release the romulan content, the vast majority of 'testing' [ie the drive by tribble-visitors like myself] will be for that.