Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 48
# 1 Nukara Item Vendor
04-15-2013, 09:16 AM
With the addition of the Nukara Rep to the Reputation screen, I was hoping a Test Vendor could be added, similar to what has been done already with Romulan/Omega.

I am very anxious to do some functionality testing with the new equipment. I'd hate to see any of the rewards have the issues that hit Omega/Romulan when those were out.
Cryptic Studios Team
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,138
# 2
04-15-2013, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by velhymsto View Post
With the addition of the Nukara Rep to the Reputation screen, I was hoping a Test Vendor could be added, similar to what has been done already with Romulan/Omega.

I am very anxious to do some functionality testing with the new equipment. I'd hate to see any of the rewards have the issues that hit Omega/Romulan when those were out.
We have every intention of adding Nukara Strikefore items to the Test Vendor on DS9. But we won't be taking the time to do so until we are finished with more time-sensitive tasks.

If you'll recall, the current offerings on the Test Vendor didn't go out until after the Reputation was already live on Holodeck. I wouldn't expect the timetable to change drastically in this case, though we'll see what we can do.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,465
# 3
04-15-2013, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
If you'll recall, the current offerings on the Test Vendor didn't go out until after the Reputation was already live on Holodeck. I wouldn't expect the timetable to change drastically in this case, though we'll see what we can do.
No arguments there Bort, but perhaps some of the flailing surrounding higher level Omega/NR reputation powers (chain placates and mega shield regen comes to mind) could have been avoided had there been actual pre-testing of said reputation powers.

Isn't that something (catching obviously borked or structurally broken powers) that should be a priority (perhaps not an "OMG get this done now or we're all doomed" priority) for the Tholian rep?
Career Officer
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 294
# 4
04-15-2013, 10:39 AM
this would be a good example of being proactive instead of reactive. We're not even asking for you (cryptic) to test the stuff, even though that's someones job, we're saying we would do it for you if you give us the tools. You could really get a ton more benefit out of tribble if you would give us the tools to be a bit more thorough.

I mean lets be honest here, how long as that romulan plasma thrower thingy been in development? =p
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 269
# 5
04-15-2013, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
If you'll recall, the current offerings on the Test Vendor didn't go out until after the Reputation was already live on Holodeck. I wouldn't expect the timetable to change drastically in this case, though we'll see what we can do.
And thus you shall be remembered that certain reputation buffs and items were released buggy as hell and the flamethrower is still MIA... You have every reason to put these things out for testing before it gets released. Isn't that the essence of testing and a test server???
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 519
# 6
04-15-2013, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darimund View Post
this would be a good example of being proactive instead of reactive. We're not even asking for you (cryptic) to test the stuff, even though that's someones job, we're saying we would do it for you if you give us the tools. You could really get a ton more benefit out of tribble if you would give us the tools to be a bit more thorough.

I mean lets be honest here, how long as that romulan plasma thrower thingy been in development? =p
This, so much this.

If it's one thing you guys could learn from BioWare, it would be proper long term testing. The new expansion for TOR was long term tested, not sure how long exactly, but it launched with very few bugs that seems to have been fixed.

Please reconsider pushing things live, and then put said things on Tribble AFTER the fact that it's gone live to Holo... You guys need to learn this, and not keep on making a hash of things, or that things go utterly pear shaped...

Last edited by otowi; 04-15-2013 at 12:30 PM.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 97
# 7
04-15-2013, 01:31 PM
I find it hilarious to watch you guys beg the Devs to do something that YOU want, while insulting their work as professional game developers.

Maybe try a different tactic. Flies, vinegar, etc.

Besides:

Quote:
...we won't be taking the time to do so until we are finished with more time-sensitive tasks.
Have any of you ever had to deal with a deadline before? Priorities get made, and you deal with them to get your sh*t done on time.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,000
# 8
04-15-2013, 02:06 PM
True pantsma...no I'm not gonna say that name -.-

You have a point about the other posts but they do have a big point about it needing to be tested a bit more than just here's a cool idea lets shove it in there. Then finding out it breaks the game and in one ability it makes everyone invincible or makes damage go through the roof.

It also then causes excessive nerfs which no-one likes including the devs.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:53 PM.