Career Officer
# 1 [Suggestion] Vesta Hangars
04-07-2013, 05:27 PM
I'd like to make a request regarding the speed at which the hangars deploy their ships on the Vesta Class. We paid real money for these ships, at the very least they should deploy their maximum vessel deployments in one button click just like the Carrier ships that are from the dominion lockboxes.

It's insulting to have to wait for something like this, if it's true that these ships are classified as carriers and they have a launch bay they can send out their ships all in one swoop just like the other carriers.

Please update it accordingly. Thanks.
MMO's of 2014 where normal gameplay is considered an exploit and the eastern billing model is celebrated by apologists. smh
Captain
# 2
04-07-2013, 05:29 PM
You do know that the Vesta is not technically designed for launching fighters as quickly as the Akira-class or the Atrox. It's using the shuttlebay - and think about how slowly those shuttles launch out of one door as opposed to two - or in the case of the Atrox, two landing decks which are wide enough to launch 2 fighters each.

stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More!
It's about time. DEVS NEED ACCOUNTABILITY.
Captain
# 3
04-07-2013, 07:04 PM
Quite frankly, I don't think it should have a hangar at all, and I bought the 3 pack.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-07-2013, 07:45 PM
Balance-wise, none of c-store carriers - be it Atrox, Armitage, Vesta, Kar'Fi, or any of the three Flight-Deck Cruisers - have one-click swarms. Also, for all of the true carriers (Atrox, Vo'quv, Kar'Fi, Recluse, Dreadnought), it takes four clicks: twice on each hangar.

To amplify StarDestroyer001's point: it makes no sense for the Vesta to have a faster launch cycle when compared to the Armitage, which has the single pass-through bay, or the Atrox, with its two huge pass-through bays.

As to raptor's point as to whether it should have a hangar, that heads quickly into "if the Vesta has a hangar, why aren't the large cruisers retrofitted to have a hangar" territory.
Commander
# 5
04-07-2013, 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the1tigglet View Post
We paid real money for these ships
Always an EXCELLENT reason for a ship to get a buff.

LOL.
Captain
# 6
04-08-2013, 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepantsparty View Post
Always an EXCELLENT reason for a ship to get a buff.

LOL.

silly me. i never knew!

And here i thouht i bought the vesta because of the 3 cheeseconsoles thast make stf's a lol'a'thron.

Borg nuking themselves with their imba torps, massive damage mitigation....

In-effing-vulnerability....

Scrappy hangars, not a fck is given.
Captain
# 7
04-08-2013, 02:02 AM
I do think they could use a bit of speed up, although not to the extent the OP suggests. As it is the launch cycle for fighters takes almost the whole max aux cooldown cycle, which is a bit much. I'd say keep the current mechanism of launching one ship at a time, but just reduce the time between individual launches by a third to a half (that is, to 2/3 to 1/2 what it currently is). Obviously the total cooldown time would be left the same, so you just get more downtime. But I'd much rather see that effort devoted to making science abilities functional again than to this minor annoyance.
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
04-08-2013, 02:30 AM
I think it's fine personally. After all, it's got the one launch bay... so it can only launch one shuttle at a time. Makes sense to me! Not like it's an Atrox which have wide open hangers to launch multiple fighters at a time.
http://stosignatures.ufplanets.com/Terrell-STO.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.
Empire Veteran
# 9
04-08-2013, 02:49 AM
Feds, always complaining.

Doesn't having more power in Aux cut down the pet recharge time? Seeing that the Vesta is an Aux powered based type of ship you shouldn't really have much problems with the pet cooldown timer.
I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-08-2013, 02:56 AM
I never have a problem spamming out Runabouts. It recharges pretty fast.